Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'23 BillsFans Pick 'em League

Foxx

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Is there a Suicide pool component?

Thanks for asking. The app doesn't have a suicide aspect to it but I was trying to think of a way to incorporate it with what we have. The only thing I could come up with is that we would have to do it sort of manually. I can insert a table to show which team everyone picked so they know who they can't pick again. If you pick the same team again, it would be the same as not picking and you would be out(?).

I can try if it is wanted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Thanks for asking. The app doesn't have a suicide aspect to it but I was trying to think of a way to incorporate it with what we have. The only thing I could come up with is that we would have to do it sort of manually. I can insert a table to show which team everyone picked so they know who they can't pick again. If you pick the same team again, it would be the same as not picking and you would be out(?).

I can try if it is wanted.

If it is anything like last year, you’d be doing a lot of work for one week’s worth of picks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, snafu said:

If it is anything like last year, you’d be doing a lot of work for one week’s worth of picks.

*Most of the work is already done within the app. Doesn't take much to create the pool itself. The effort comes from populating data. And you are correct, if the last few years are any indication, version 1.0 will be over quickly. We could do as we have done though, and start 2.0, 3.0... etc... if the need arises.

Anyhoo, I have already created the Survivor Pool and will begin to populate it shortly so it is ready for the season. Everyone can feel free to join. As I say though, there is no function to eliminate anyone so, it will have to be on the observational level.

• Cheers 3

YAY I won the preseason... mostly because no one else played all three games. :classic_laugh:

There's still time to get in on the pick 'ems for the regular season!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Ann said:

YAY I won the preseason... mostly because no one else played all three games. :classic_laugh:

There's still time to get in on the pick 'ems for the regular season!

Congrats!

Still time to join the Survivor League too!

• Cheers 2

On 8/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, Ann said:

YAY I won the preseason...

1.1.1.png

Again, congratulations!

A big thank you to all who helped debug the program! Much appreciated!

The Regular Season League is now open and picks can be made for Week 1 right up until a game's start time.

Plenty of room for more to join!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, snafu said:

For me the first few weeks are total guesses.

Arizona has to at least play the game to make it look like they're not tanking. There's one that's not a guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Foxx is there a way to see who picked so I don't tag everyone? 😛

@Hitbyaparkedcar, @crawhammer, @Seasons1992, @Jabba The Hutt, @SquirminThurman, @Uncle Joe, @B-Man, @mead107, @KD in CA, @Alaska Darin, @CarpetCrawler, @Sig1Hunter, @Taro T, @Crap Throwing Clavin, @Billsandhorns, @TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Don't forget to get your picks in by tomorrow (for both leagues) if you haven't already! I can't tell who picked and who didn't (except for the three people above this post), so I apologize if you have already picked and this is just an annoying tag.

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, Ann said:

@Foxx is there a way to see who picked so I don't tag everyone? 😛

@Hitbyaparkedcar, @crawhammer, @Seasons1992, @Jabba The Hutt, @SquirminThurman, @Uncle Joe, @B-Man, @mead107, @KD in CA, @Alaska Darin, @CarpetCrawler, @Sig1Hunter, @Taro T, @Crap Throwing Clavin, @Billsandhorns, @TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Don't forget to get your picks in by tomorrow (for both leagues) if you haven't already! I can't tell who picked and who didn't (except for the three people above this post), so I apologize if you have already picked and this is just an annoying tag.

The only way would be to view each's picks individually.

1.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

They all show this:

unknown.jpg.91e74177221eb18ae2cb7f0e8bafd853.jpg

A "unknown" within that game's line means they have made no pick on that game. The question mark will turn to a check mark or an X when the results of the game have been entered.

1.1.4.png