Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'23 BillsFans Pick 'em League

Foxx

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

So... @Boyst and @Crap Throwing Clavin all picked more than one team. Due to the fact that we are more than likely to not make it the entire season without rebooting this thing, what say you about offering one (two?) rebuy (basically a pass to keep playing) for the season. We might make it to week 8 this way. 

No need to respond if you don't want to, a simple like will lend acknowledgement. 

@Alaska Darin @Ann @B-Man @CarpetCrawler @Hitbyaparkedcar @Jabba The Hutt @KD in CA @LB3 @Paulus @Seasons1992 @Sig1Hunter @snafu @TakeYouToTasker 2.0 @Taro T

@SquirminThurman you have two selections in the Survivor pool, please remove one of them before one of those games are played.

I'm confused...

Do you see that I have more than one survivor selection?  I only see that I chose the Commies over the Cardinals.

Or did you tag me for an acknowledgement to your proposal?  If that's the case,  I agree on a pass for this week.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I'm confused...

Do you see that I have more than one survivor selection?  I only see that I chose the Commies over the Cardinals.

Or did you tag me for an acknowledgement to your proposal?  If that's the case,  I agree on a pass for this week.

For your approval of my proposal.

• Like 3

Hate week 1 in the Suicide Pool.  Usually make it through (and did again), but always end up with a nail biter.

Looks like just about everybody made it through this week.  There was 1 pick of the Vikes which backfired, but most everybody else (at least through the early games) made it through.

• Like 2

@Crap Throwing Clavin @SquirminThurman

Ummm... I think we have a small communication problem...

There are two different pools, the regular Pick'em and the Survivor. In the Survivor pool, you pick one team per week and once you have picked them, you can't pick them again that season. In the regular Pick'em league, you pick every game. I'm not sure what happened but you two only picked one game in the Pick'em league.

I don't know what to do here. We sure are having trouble getting going it would seem...

• Like 2

SquirminThurman
Just now, Foxx said:

There are two different pools, the regular Pick'em and the Survivor. In the Survivor pool, you pick one team per week and once you have picked them, you can't pick them again that season. In the regular Pick'em league, you pick every game. I'm not sure what happened but you two only picked one game in the Pick'em league.

I don't know what to do here. We sure are having trouble getting going it would seem...

I got my pick'em and Suicide pool mixed up.

I'll continue both, I'm just at a handicap in the Pick'em now. My error, my issue to try to overcome.

• Cheers 3

Just now, SquirminThurman said:

I got my pick'em and Suicide pool mixed up.

I'll continue both, I'm just at a handicap in the Pick'em now. My error, my issue to try to overcome.

Let me see if I can fix it...

SquirminThurman
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Let me see if I can fix it...

Should only show 1 pick for each. I thought pick'em was pick any any one team each week, but can repeat pick a team.

My mistake, don't go crazy with it.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Could have sworn I was in the survivor pool when I only picked one.

Screw it.  It's not that important.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

@Ann @Sig1Hunter @Seasons1992 @Jabba The Hutt @CarpetCrawler @Fansince88 @Hitbyaparkedcar @IDBillzFan @KD in CA @TakeYouToTasker 2.0 @Alaska Darin @B-Man @crawhammer @LB3 @mead107 @Uncle Joe @Boyst @Billsandhorns @Taro T @Paulus @snafu @Crap Throwing Clavin @SquirminThurman

For the Pick'em League, we will throw out the lowest week of your scores. Since the app isn't designed for that at this point, the true score will be kept, not in the app, but rather the tables I have created at the bottom of those pages. Apologies for any inconvience here.

For the Survivor League, there is one rebuy. Meaning that if the team you pick loses, you get to keep playing but you have now used up your get out of jail free card. You can continue playing but you still can't use a team that you picked previously.

Hopefully this accomplishes two things... gets the yips out of the way for the rest of the season and is a way to accomodate everyone, while still being fair and true to the league. This will however, be the last of any changes.

:beer:

• Like 9

SquirminThurman
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

@Ann @Sig1Hunter @Seasons1992 @Jabba The Hutt @CarpetCrawler @Fansince88 @Hitbyaparkedcar @IDBillzFan @KD in CA @TakeYouToTasker 2.0 @Alaska Darin @B-Man @crawhammer @LB3 @mead107 @Uncle Joe @Boyst @Billsandhorns @Taro T @Paulus @snafu @Crap Throwing Clavin @SquirminThurman

For the Pick'em League, we will throw out the lowest week of your scores. Since the app isn't designed for that at this point, the true score will be kept, not in the app, but rather the tables I have created at the bottom of those pages. Apologies for any inconvience here.

For the Survivor League, there is one rebuy. Meaning that if the team you pick loses, you get to keep playing but you have now used up your get out of jail free card. You can continue playing but you still can't use a team that you picked previously.

Hopefully this accomplishes two things... gets the yips out of the way for the rest of the season and is a way to accomodate everyone, while still being fair and true to the league. This will however, be the last of any changes.

:beer:

you are wise! Keep top 16 of 17. Allows a 'whoopsie week' for the others. I hope I don't have a worse than 1/16 week.

thanks!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

@Foxx Is there any way to hide the pick percentage while you're picking? No worries if you can't. I understand that you can't make all the changes you'd like.

It didn't make me change any of my picks, but one did surprise me. As a good friend has told me, I have the "spine of a jellyfish". I guess I am easy to persuade.  🤷‍♂️ 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where did we end up on survivor league - one strike or two?

Looks like 3 people missed week one.  I was surprised as many people went with Washington;  we had to sweat that one out a bit.

• Cheers 1