Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL Coaching Carousel [ All Positions Filled]

Ann

In the last three years, 17 teams have replaced their head coach.

These are the 2024 head coach openings.

Las Vegas   ✔️
Carolina    ✔️
Chargers   ✔️
Atlanta ✔️
Washington ✔️
Tennessee  ✔️

Seattle   ✔️
New England ✔️

Past NFL Head Coach Openings threads:

2023 NFL Head Coach Openings

2022 NFL Head Coach Openings
2021 NFL Head Coach Openings

• Like 1

Las Vegas has fired head coach Josh McDaniels and general manager David Ziegler, owner Mark Davis announced in a statement.

"After much thought about what the Raiders need to move forward, I have decided to part ways with Josh and Dave," Davis' statement read. "I want to thank them both for their hard work and wish them and their families nothing but the best."

</snip>

Official statement:

statement.jpg.8a18feb4e926b87e6c565a14fde60db0.jpg

Discussion about Vegas started here in the Around the NFL 2023 Season thread.

Bittersweet time for Raider fans, but I see two genuine upsides here; first, they didn't wait for the sake of "we just need more time," and pulled the band-aid that everyone knew needed to be pulled. That's always a tough decision to make, financially.

And second, they finally crushed any insane thought that Josh McDaniels can be a good HC. I can be a better HC than him, and I wear a watch that congratulates me every time I get up from my desk to go to the bathroom.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Bittersweet time for Raider fans, but I see two genuine upsides here; first, they didn't wait for the sake of "we just need more time," and pulled the band-aid that everyone knew needed to be pulled. That's always a tough decision to make, financially.

And second, they finally crushed any insane thought that Josh McDaniels can be a good HC. I can be a better HC than him, and I wear a watch that congratulates me every time I get up from my desk to go to the bathroom.

But if we're being honest, we're at an age where that's worthy of congratulations.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

His contract was worth roughly 10 mill a year. 

I might apply for the job. The Raiders seem to love paying people to not coach the team 

So he's crying all the way to the bank, obviously. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

I might apply for the job. The Raiders seem to love paying people to not coach the team 

How am I not already getting a check for not coaching the Raiders?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

$10 mil/yr with 4.5 years to go.  Ouch!  I can't understand why these NFL owners continue to sign rookie head coaches or other less proven head coaches on guaranteed deals for 4,5,6 years.  There's a lot of precedent, but it's just dumb.  You just don't see this much in other industries.  Guarantee some portion of the remaining contract, fine.  Guarantee it all, dumb.  Problem is with 20% turnover for NFL coaches every year, the market for replacements is hyper competitive.  That probably explains it.  

• Like 1