Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Deranged Rhino
4 hours ago, Ann said:

The "if he can be healthy" is the important part...

Yup. His signing is the Bills' strength and recovery teams' biggest challenge yet. When he's right, he's a top 5 slot guy easy. If Josh hits his off season goal of improving his ball placement for RAC opportunities, Crowder might be a sneaky pro bowl pick.

• Like 4

NYDirtyBirds

Hey all, here's a little a bit of a weird story but stick with me I'll make it short...

I'm a current NYer who became a diehard Falcons fan in an attempt to make my dad angry when he took me to a Giants/Falcons game at Meadowlands. I know it's "sacrilegious" to have two sports teams but whatever, the Bills have quickly become my go-to team to root for in the playoffs (lucky for me since Atlanta won't be seeing them for awhile).

To up the ante a little further (getting to the end I promise), I currently own Josh Allen in one of my Dynasty keeper leagues and traded for Gabriel Davis this off-season. Now, I know a bit about the Bills but figured I'd come to the source to get some insight on how you guys see that connection going? Is Davis a legit threat at WR? With most of the off-season moves done, how would the touches spread out?

Also, here to talk football of course. I saw the fantasy thread but it doesn't look like anyone has been in there for a while 🤣.

Thanks for reading the rants of a fan of a team going nowhere this year, Go Bills (unless we somehow miraculously meet in the Playoffs at any point)

• Like 1

Arm of Harm
On 5/24/2022 at 7:14 AM, Ann said:

If the unthinkable should happen, and if Crowder should miss a few games due to injury, it would be a chance for Shakir to get some playing time. I could live with that. 

Arm of Harm
51 minutes ago, NYDirtyBirds said:

Hey all, here's a little a bit of a weird story but stick with me I'll make it short...

I'm a current NYer who became a diehard Falcons fan in an attempt to make my dad angry when he took me to a Giants/Falcons game at Meadowlands. I know it's "sacrilegious" to have two sports teams but whatever, the Bills have quickly become my go-to team to root for in the playoffs (lucky for me since Atlanta won't be seeing them for awhile).

To up the ante a little further (getting to the end I promise), I currently own Josh Allen in one of my Dynasty keeper leagues and traded for Gabriel Davis this off-season. Now, I know a bit about the Bills but figured I'd come to the source to get some insight on how you guys see that connection going? Is Davis a legit threat at WR? With most of the off-season moves done, how would the touches spread out?

Also, here to talk football of course. I saw the fantasy thread but it doesn't look like anyone has been in there for a while 🤣.

Thanks for reading the rants of a fan of a team going nowhere this year, Go Bills (unless we somehow miraculously meet in the Playoffs at any point)

Gabe Davis is a good player and the real deal. But how many snaps will he get?

Last year under Daboll, a lot of WRs got fewer snaps than you’d expect. Not necessarily Daboll’s fault, because the WR room was very crowded. It’s even more crowded this year, thanks to Crowder. Daboll is no longer with us, and at this point it’s a complete unknown as to how Dorsey will decide how to allocate snaps. He hasn’t been throwing out hints or anything, at least not that I’ve seen. Your guess about Davis’ snaps is as likely to be right as anyone else’s. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, NYDirtyBirds said:

You need a special keycard to access that thread and see what's really on some people's minds. If you end up with one of those keycards just ignore Yabba the Mutt's deepest fantasies. He likes all the animals and would gladly join you in a dinner of foie gras with you and your falcon. 

• Wow 1

While he listed Gabe Davis, he also list Tua, so  :classic_dry:

Six NFL players poised for a breakout 2022 season: Tua Tagovailoa among those ready to make a leap
These six emerging young players are set up for much bigger things in 2022
Jason La Canfora

Gabriel Davis, Bills

Who didn't like what this kid put on film in the playoffs? How about putting up over 200 yards and four touchdowns against the Chiefs? That will go a long way to building up more currency and volume in targets from Josh Allen. You cannot defend everyone in this offense and Cole Beasley and Emmanuel Sanders moving on should work in his favor, too. Davis looks like the No. 2 receiver to me, someone who can make strides on the outside and is more than a one-game wonder.

Alaska Darin
10 hours ago, NYDirtyBirds said:

Davis is a legit number 2 and if he stays healthy he's going to have a monster season.  The BILLS overthought it some last season when they brought in Emmanuel Sanders and put him opposite Diggs, limiting Davis' snaps.  It didn't help that Davis was a little banged up in preseason.

Davis has huge potential because he's huge, faster than he looks, and does all the little things WRs have to do (he's as good as it gets at tapping against the boundry as an example) to be successful.  The sky is the limit for him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, NYDirtyBirds said:

What @Alaska Darin said, but with the added observation: 8 for 201 yards and 4 TDs against the Chiefs in the divisional playoffs.  Including this nonsense, where he de-cleats a DB with a head-bob.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

NYDirtyBirds

Hey all, really appreciate all the replies. Happy I made the trade for him when I did, sounds like his value is only going to go up. 

It looks like you guys are really gearing up for a run this year, can't wait to see Bills Mafia at the SB.

• Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey
16 minutes ago, NYDirtyBirds said:

Hey all, really appreciate all the replies. Happy I made the trade for him when I did, sounds like his value is only going to go up. 

It looks like you guys are really gearing up for a run this year, can't wait to see Bills Mafia at the SB.

8 Funnies ideas | gif, cool gifs, profitable blogging

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Davis has huge potential because he's huge, faster than he looks, and does all the little things WRs have to do (he's as good as it gets at tapping against the boundry as an example) to be successful.  The sky is the limit for him.

Hands. You forgot to mention he has great hands.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
16 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Hands. You forgot to mention he has great hands.

He's got everything except elite speed but he's more than fast enough.  If there was one criticism I'd have it's that sometimes he drops really catchable balls, though that's clearly an exception.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
15 hours ago, NYDirtyBirds said:

Let me preface this by explaining I'm a total homer fan and almost exclusively only see the upside of everything with this team because unlike others, I know all my repetitive whining about Leslie Frazier's completely incompetent defensive plans won't fix the problem.

Passive aggressive sideswipes aside, I completely agree with @Alaska Darin and absolutely see a healthy Gabe Davis going off this year. The one relative unknown is we have a new offensive coordinator. On the upside, he's keeping most everything the way it's been under Daboll, so I don't anticipate a deep learning curve for the returning players from a terminology standpoint.

No Emmanuel means more Davis, and that's very good as well, and while the KC game ended poorly, I have to believe Gabe Davis walked from that game with his dick slung over his shoulders like a Rick Flair boa.

There is WAY more upside for your pick then downside, injuries notwithstanding. Good luck. Welcome here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Fansince88
On 5/24/2022 at 10:14 AM, Ann said:

I really dont think he is here in September. Just a feeling.

• O Rly 1
  • Wow 1