Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, B-Man said:

F1AXGOHWwAAtEcR.jpeg

Yeah...pretty much true.  

I saw "What's Opera, Doc" with the music performed live by the National Symphony Orchestra.  Was pretty cool, not least of which because it distilled Wagner's Ring Cycle down to 9 minutes from an interminable 24 hours (and at 9 minutes, was still arguably too long).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah...pretty much true.  

I saw "What's Opera, Doc" with the music performed live by the National Symphony Orchestra.  

I remember when I was a kid sometimes we'd take the TV off cable and see what the old antenna could pick up.  Every once in a while we would pick up a channel out of somewhere in Quebec.

I Killed Da Wabbit in French was freakin hilarious.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

I remember when I was a kid sometimes we'd take the TV off cable and see what the old antenna could pick up.  Every once in a while we would pick up a channel out of somewhere in Quebec.

Reminds me of watching Sesame Street off Canadian broadcasts.

I learned to count in Spanish, in French.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Reminds me of watching Sesame Street off Canadian broadcasts.

I learned to count in Spanish, in French.

e754ddc1-247a-46f5-956e-bb263532e712_tex

20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah...pretty much true.  

I saw "What's Opera, Doc" with the music performed live by the National Symphony Orchestra.  Was pretty cool, not least of which because it distilled Wagner's Ring Cycle down to 9 minutes from an interminable 24 hours (and at 9 minutes, was still arguably too long).

Was it Leapole or Leopold? If anyone would know it would be you!

14 hours ago, devnull said:

I remember when I was a kid and cable was only in the big cities and I had 6 channels. 3 from Canada.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

FFS. Sounds like a money raiser. Shocking. The biometrics bothers me, but we have it in the US and I guess there is no getting around it. 

It's a third the cost of the similar US system.  I'm not going to throw stones.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

FFS. Sounds like a money raiser. Shocking. The biometrics bothers me, but we have it in the US and I guess there is no getting around it. 

They say it will obviate the need to get your passport stamped! The country stamps are one of the coolest parts of your passport!

Photo and fingerprints don’t really bother me. I’ve been fingerprinted for gun licenses, and work related requirements. But it’s just so much more data that the new world order is capturing on citizens. :frustration:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nanker said:

They say it will obviate the need to get your passport stamped! The country stamps are one of the coolest parts of your passport!

Photo and fingerprints don’t really bother me. I’ve been fingerprinted for gun licenses, and work related requirements. But it’s just so much more data that the new world order is capturing on citizens. :frustration:

The only one I ever did a  :doh: about not getting, was Australia. We are going back in a year, so I will try again.  Took me three tries to get Italy (I finally asked for it). For the most part, it seems country stamps are a thing of the past.