Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

Crap Throwing Clavin

Twelve centuries ago, Hindu philosophers came up with the idea that the absence of anything could be represented by a number - the idea that zero is actually a number.  This was adopted by Islamic philosophers a couple of centuries later, most particularly by al-Khwarizmi (from whose name we get the word "algorithm") in inventing al-Jabr - "the counting" (from which we get the word "algebra").  This laid the foundation for all math, and ultimate all science, as we know it today.

Today, goddamn Microsoft told me that 3/13 is 1, because zero is not a number.  :wallbash:   

• O Rly 1
  • Doh! 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Twelve centuries ago, Hindu philosophers came up with the idea that the absence of anything could be represented by a number - the idea that zero is actually a number.  This was adopted by Islamic philosophers a couple of centuries later, most particularly by al-Khwarizmi (from whose name we get the word "algorithm") in inventing al-Jabr - "the counting" (from which we get the word "algebra").  This laid the foundation for all math, and ultimate all science, as we know it today.

Today, goddamn Microsoft told me that 3/13 is 1, because zero is not a number.  :wallbash:   

Id be pissed!

Crap Throwing Clavin

Just had the most singularly unhelpful conversation with one of my architects...

"R, we've had this problem in this environment for two weeks now.  Can you walk us through the steps you took to diagnose the problem?"

"Yes."

"..."

"..."

"...okay, what were the steps?"

That was 20 minutes ago.  Dildo-head is unemployed now.

• Wow 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Just had the most singularly unhelpful conversation with one of my architects...

"R, we've had this problem in this environment for two weeks now.  Can you walk us through the steps you took to diagnose the problem?"

"Yes."

"..."

"..."

"...okay, what were the steps?"

That was 20 minutes ago.  Dildo-head is unemployed now.

So you Tominated them

And I hope that pun hurts as much to read as it did to write

:scared:

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Keukasmallie

A number of NFL players are about to receive season-long suspensions for violation of the NFL's gambling code.  Too bad Hunter Biden isn't among them, they'd walk scot free....and maybe get $ from the Chinese for an encore.)

21 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

A number of NFL players are about to receive season-long suspensions for violation of the NFL's gambling code.  Too bad Hunter Biden isn't among them, they'd walk scot free....and maybe get $ from the Chinese for an encore.)

While it's easy to point to the hypocrisy of the NFL being in bed with big gambling companies, these guys know gambling is the cardinal sin. Sometimes your job means you are restricted from doing certain things that are ok for everyone else and I'm sure that is drilled into the heads of the players from day 1.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Holy shit...serious pucker factor.

Watch the video.  Eight seconds in.

I just shit my pants and I wasn't even riding it...

On 7/1/2023 at 5:23 AM, Foxx said:

They are also still paying Bret Saberhagan $250k per year.  Wilpon was apparently happy to defer starting payments until long after these guys were gone because his cash was earning so much with Bernie Madoff.  :facepalm:

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

There is a fireworks ban in the valley tonight due to an elevated fire risk.

This old fart is expecting  mostly peaceful evening.

💣

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

There is a fireworks ban in the valley tonight due to an elevated fire risk.

This old fart is expecting  mostly peaceful evening.

💣

they started about 90 minutes ago here. I expect them to continue until midnight.

Jabba The Hutt
29 minutes ago, Ann said:

they started about 90 minutes ago here. I expect them to continue until 4 AM

FIFY:classic_laugh:

• Facepalm 2