Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The amazing thing is that she wasn't killed by some small, deadly venomous Australian beetle or something.

And it's a good thing this happened in Australia rather than New Zealand, where you never know when you might run into orcs, goblins, balrogs, or Lucy Lawless

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, devnull said:

And it's a good thing this happened in Australia rather than New Zealand, where you never know when you might run into orcs, goblins, balrogs, or Lucy Lawless

If it were a Warg there’d be no trace of her. 

Deranged Rhino

Umm... this might be the best visual representation of "zero &#%$s given". The dude doesn't even flinch, just keeps walking away like he's the Rock in an action movie trailer... 

Quiz: Match the casual-walk-away-from-an-explosion to the ...

• Wow 3
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

On 5/2/2023 at 12:29 PM, devnull said:

So who else has preordered Diablo IV?

I did, tried to play it with the open beta, found that because I don't have some sort of security chip on my motherboard, I can't run it. Got a refund. &#%$ Blizzard.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, devnull said:

Double posting this in PPP (for geopolitical discussion) and OT as a Public Service Announcement to remind everyone to keep your home router firmware up to date against Cyber threats, both foreign and domestic

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/05/malware-turns-home-routers-into-proxies-for-chinese-state-sponsored-hackers/

Using routers and other so-called Internet of Things devices to conceal control servers and covertly proxy traffic is among the oldest tricks in threat actor tradecraft.

Yeah...it's why Caesar invented the Caesar cipher, after all.  :classic_dry:

What a dumb statement.  It had to be written by a millennial who thinks history began with Obama's election. 

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah...it's why Caesar invented the Caesar cipher, after all.  :classic_dry:

You're an idiot

First, Caesar didn't "invent" the cipher.  Caesar was the first notable person to take credit for using a cipher

Second.  While Caesar's cipher is an ancestor of modern encryption it is not a proxy.  A proxy is getting somebody else to do your work for you, kinda like a foreign queen seducing the ruler of another nation to gain support in over throwing her brother/husband.  

Edited by devnull

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Ann said:

I had swimming lessons.  When I was five.

The lesson was the instructor throwing me into the middle of the deep end of the pool and making me swim for my life to safety.  Not even making that up.  That guy was a seriously psychotic @$$h@l&.

I wonder how they teach kids to swim today.  "Don't worry, just self-identify as a porpoise!"

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

It's a prank.

It's a seriously &#%$ing stupid prank, that should result in the kid being beaten to a pulp before he can scream "It's just water!"

But it's a prank.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's a prank.

It's a seriously &#%$ing stupid prank, that should result in the kid being beaten to a pulp before he can scream "It's just water!"

But it's a prank.

He walked toward a guy with the can and threatened to douse him with it.  If that'd been me, he'd be dead AF.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

He walked toward a guy with the can and threatened to douse him with it.  If that'd been me, he'd be dead AF.

Did I ever mention that when I worked downtown at USCIS, and was accosted twice by BLM, I made myself a cane.  Sapele wood...with a cold-rolled steel core and a specially head shaped like a cold chisel and filled with lead birdshot.  

Had it been me, he would have met that.  

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Did I ever mention that when I worked downtown at USCIS, and was accosted twice by BLM, I made myself a cane.  Sapele wood...with a cold-rolled steel core and a specially head shaped like a cold chisel and filled with lead birdshot.  

Had it been me, he would have met that.  

It's the little things about you Tom...like how you like a nice hard wood:classic_love:

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

It's the little things about you Tom...like how you like a nice hard wood:classic_love:

Steel core.  Grab a tissue.

• Haha 1