Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

On 3/26/2023 at 12:47 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Boss from old project calls me at 10:30 on a Sunday morning, asking me to come back.

You realize that one of the reasons I left is because you'd schedule meetings for 10:30 Sunday mornings, don't you?

At least, that was what I thought.  What I said was "I'd rather juggle live squid."

cb4b1f9c83ac5898ed154258da420ae93fba2c0b

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No idea where else to put this.

She is absolutely beautiful. If this is a private residence, what's the harm?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

She is absolutely beautiful. If this is a private residence, what's the harm?

I'm just tickled that she's hangin' out nekkid while drinking wine. 

• Like 1

I could do a picture like that. 
5 o’clock wine 🍷 time. 

maybe I will take the picture in Vermont later this week when we go to Burlington. 

I will send it to augie first. If he approves I will post it.   

• Haha 2

@Ann Figured this was the best place for it. I told you my son looks a bit like Josh Allen on the JA thread. Figured this was a better place for that. Here is his friends Youtube video. Son is in the Bills hat. Have known the other two young men their whole lives. Just having some fun.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

@Ann Figured this was the best place for it. I told you my son looks a bit like Josh Allen on the JA thread. Figured this was a better place for that. Here is his friends Youtube video. Son is in the Bills hat. Have known the other two young men their whole lives. Just having some fun.

He even sounds like Josh.

• Haha 2

Not sure if this is a place for this, but as someone who switched to Brave as a browser a couple of months ago, I'm curious if I'm the only one who finds certain websites (such as the Citibank site where I pay some bills) will not open in Brave and have to be opened in Chrome?

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not sure if this is a place for this, but as someone who switched to Brave as a browser a couple of months ago, I'm curious if I'm the only one who finds certain websites (such as the Citibank site where I pay some bills) will not open in Brave and have to be opened in Chrome?

Hubby had to ditch Brave last week as he was finding it impossible to do anything that required a sign-in. 

Wifey ditched it because it was dragging down her Surface. The Citi thing is the only issue I've had, along with a little bit of glitchiness with FreePass.

4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Hubby had to ditch Brave last week as he was finding it impossible to do anything that required a sign-in. 

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Wifey ditched it because it was dragging down her Surface. The Citi thing is the only issue I've had, along with a little bit of glitchiness with FreePass.

Brave is doing what Brave is supposed to do.

What you're experiencing is a demonstration of how embedded all that crap is on the Internet.

I do 90% of my browsing in Brave Incognito mode.  5% in regular mode (including this place).  And 5% in Edge

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/12/2023 at 10:49 PM, snafu said:

Who wants me to explain why it's wrong?  :classic_biggrin:

Actually, it's pretty accurate.  Biggest mistake is describing the quarterdeck as extending the full length of the ship.  Quarterdeck and forecastle are the same deck, quarterdeck aft, forecastle forward, connected by gangways.  What the video calls the forecastle, where heads are, is actually the forepeak, ahead of and below the forecastle.

Also doesn't get the rigging quite right...but close enough for county work.  No one ever describes the rigging well.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Actually, it's pretty accurate.  Biggest mistake is describing the quarterdeck as extending the full length of the ship.  Quarterdeck and forecastle are the same deck, quarterdeck aft, forecastle forward, connected by gangways.  What the video calls the forecastle, where heads are, is actually the forepeak, ahead of and below the forecastle.

Also doesn't get the rigging quite right...but close enough for county work.  No one ever describes the rigging well.

Could you type that slower? I cant keep up?

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Could you type that slower? I cant keep up?

W H O   W A N T S   M E   T O   E X P L A I N   W H Y  I T ' S  W R O N G ?

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

W H O   W A N T S   M E   T O   E X P L A I N   W H Y  I T ' S  W R O N G ?

LOL. I got that part. 

On 4/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And it looked so clean and not foul smelling.

While I watched that I kept thinking of all those Patrick O’Brien books, and it all seemed so familiar. It was good to put a visual with his descriptions.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

And it looked so clean and not foul smelling.

While I watched that I kept thinking of all those Patrick O’Brien books, and it all seemed so familiar. It was good to put a visual with his descriptions.

About 20 years ago, I'd thought about writing an accurate Napoleonic-era sailing simulation program - accurately having to sail the ship, manage the sail plan and rigging, with proper crew divisions by skill and area, allocated to guns and sails as necessary.  Bought several books on the subject...

...these machines are unbelievably complex.  I gave up on the project after trying to understand how to use clew lines to manage tacks and sheets.  

• O Rly 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

...these machines are unbelievably complex.  I gave up on the project after trying to understand how to use clew lines to manage tacks and sheets.  

I don’t have a clew. 

81FDD579-40DA-4560-B4D8-40D5A86A14C0.jpeg.9ff6f77ddde301b5a15de00aae86c2d5.jpeg

• Haha 2