Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Back when I was employed by an employer, my boss used to tell me repeatedly that he wished he could place me on a copy machine and print more of me. Took me awhile but it finally sunk in that I was very good at what I do and that I could probably make it on my own. 

All of which is to say that it may be worth your while to start something you control.

My goal is to be a full time day-trader by late 2024.  

I am really sick of IT and government.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Jabba The Hutt
On 1/31/2023 at 2:51 PM, Foxx said:

Back when I was employed by an employer, my boss used to tell me repeatedly that he wished he could place me on a copy machine and print more of me. Took me awhile but it finally sunk in that I was very good at what I do and that I could probably make it on my own. 

All of which is to say that it may be worth your while to start something you control.

On 1/31/2023 at 2:55 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My goal is to be a full time day-trader by late 2024.  

I am really sick of IT and government.

Nothing like being your own boss and having nobody to answer to...

• Cheers 2

Jabba The Hutt
6 hours ago, Foxx said:

You always have someone to answer to.

Did you talk to my wife? You couldn't just let me have this one small moment could you??!:crying3:

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Project manager got savaged by the client today.  "You are giving me inaccurate information, and I don't think you know what's going on on your own project" was a great line.  So was "I asked for this two months ago, and you ignored me.  I feel like you're always ignoring me."

But the true high point was when the PM said "I'm sorry if my style of communication causes confusion," and the federal manager said "No, it's your confusion that's causing confusion."

This guy's going to be a chalk outline without me.  :classic_laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/3/2023 at 5:53 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

This guy's going to be a chalk outline without me.  :classic_laugh: 

let it go

that guy is no longer your problem

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

let it go

that guy is no longer your problem

He's still my problem until this Friday.

Maybe after, if this project ends up in court.

• Wow 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He's still my problem until this Friday.

Maybe after, if this project ends up in court.

If that project ends up in court, I think you will be his problem

Crap Throwing Clavin

My last day at this godforsaken job.

The project manager just asked if I'm - by way of strongly suggesting I should - working this weekend.  🤡

• Like 1
  • clown 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My last day at this godforsaken job.

The project manager just asked if I'm - by way of strongly suggesting I should - working this weekend.  🤡

You told him yes, right?

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

You told him yes, right?

One of my New Year's resolutions was to say nothing when nothing needed saying, and let uncomfortable silences do the work for me instead.

He said a lot of mammothly stupid things this afternoon.  Like "Does anyone else have access to the source code?"  (A team of 20 people have been writing this for about 11 months.)  Uncomfortable silence was very eloquent today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

One of my New Year's resolutions was to say nothing when nothing needed saying, and let uncomfortable silences do the work for me instead.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
32 minutes ago, Ann said:

Meanwhile the reinforcing of the bridge to get to our little slice of paradise is a four year project:

Well, they had to prefab the tunnel, so the total is more than a weekend.  They just closed the road for a weekend, which is still impressive.

Plus...prefab tunnel.  Very cool.

I love this story.  The headline, the subject matter.  The Sprokets-looking ballet guy who's known for carrying around his dog.  Aside from the fact that she was assaulted, I heard on an interview that she's making woke "suppression of free press" claims.  I even love that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11745543/Furious-German-ballet-choreographer-wipes-dog-faeces-critics-face.html

• Haha 2