Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

This just in:  Japan has double the number of islands.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/16/japan-sees-its-number-of-islands-double-after-recount

Apparently Japan's borders are as porous as the southern USA border; islands are sneaking across into Japan at an alarming rate....  The US president may second the vice president to Japan to help with the resolution of the influx of islands.

Edited by Keukasmallie
Screwed it up 1st time around.
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Night aircraft carrier landing.  People forget that mid-ocean, away from light, on a blacked-out carrier, it's dark as &#%$.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

On 2/21/2023 at 5:54 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Night aircraft carrier landing.  People forget that mid-ocean, away from light, on a blacked-out carrier, it's dark as &#%$.

ZW5vci5naWY.gif

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 4:44 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My last day at this godforsaken job.

The project manager just asked if I'm - by way of strongly suggesting I should - working this weekend.  🤡

Did you retire or move on?

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Did you retire or move on?

Moved on.  New job is going nicely - they're already impressed with me.  It's weird having managers that say they don't want anyone working past 5, and tell the client they can't have everything they want immediately, and actually pay attention in meetings.

Old job, btw...things got very bad, very quickly.  They replaced the PM, two weeks after I left.  That's how much I was covering for his incompetence.

Retirement's about two years away.  Now averaging about $500/wk day trading part-time.  That'll compound nicely, should be able to do it full-time by the end of 2024.

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Moved on.  New job is going nicely - they're already impressed with me.  It's weird having managers that say they don't want anyone working past 5, and tell the client they can't have everything they want immediately, and actually pay attention in meetings.

Old job, btw...things got very bad, very quickly.  They replaced the PM, two weeks after I left.  That's how much I was covering for his incompetence.

Retirement's about two years away.  Now averaging about $500/wk day trading part-time.  That'll compound nicely, should be able to do it full-time by the end of 2024.

Good for you! They were abusing you there with all the hours. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Fansince88 said:

Good for you! They were abusing you there with all the hours. 

I realized yesterday, my new project, the software is half the size of my previous project, with three times the staff.  My previous project was understaffed by a factor of six.  

In my defense, I did my company to take me off that project and put me on a new one back in August.  They said they would, and I gave them five months to keep their word.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm in the ER right now with my wife.  She's apparently had a stroke.

So this is fun.

I'm sorry Tom. I hope your wife will have a quick and speedy recovery.

• Like 2

Billsandhorns
11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So this is fun.

Sorry to hear that, I hope she has a speedy recovery. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So this is fun.

I'm very sorry to hear that Tom.

I pray that she may recover fully.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Just talked to the ICU, and they say she's doing very well.  Still has to stay another night because of the blood thinner they gave her.  Really nasty stuff...I had to decide, since she was pretty much out of it.  Doctor's telling me "People who get this within four hours of onset of symptoms can recover fully.  But there's about a 1% risk of bleeding into the brain."

Terrifying decision.  You'd think it'd be difficult to make, but actually it was super-easy, barely an inconvenience.  

But terrifying.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 4

16 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So this is fun.

Oh my goodness.  Sorry man!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Just talked to the ICU, and they say she's doing very well.  Still has to stay another night because of the blood thinner they gave her.  Really nasty stuff...I had to decide, since she was pretty much out of it.  Doctor's telling me "People who get this within four hours of onset of symptoms can recover fully.  But there's about a 1% risk of bleeding into the brain."

Terrifying decision.  You'd think it'd be difficult to make, but actually it was super-easy, barely an inconvenience.  

But terrifying.  

Then I read this. Good news but will pray for the road ahead. 🙏 for you both. 

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin

In the ICU with her now.  She's doing so well, she successfully pronounced "Ukko-Pekka Luukonen."

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1