Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

Driving back to town yesterday at about 2:30pm I saw a bird fly over the road. Then I noticed it was a bald eagle.
After further review I noticed he was carrying lunch.

(not a big deal for AD)

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Driving back to town yesterday at about 2:30pm I saw a bird fly over the road. Then I noticed it was a bald eagle.

(not a big deal for AD)

I know some companies do drone deliveries, but this one is way more American. 

Edited by shrader
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

(not a big deal for AD)

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I know some companies do drone deliveries, but this one is way more American. 

It would have been even more American if the bald eagle was carrying an AR15

Played in a golf tourney today. We shot -15 to win. A 4 handicap, two 14 handicaps, and a 30 handicap. Great team effort. Us bums clutched up like when our good player missed. Life was good today.

We obviously got accused of cheating. 😄

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I went with mom to check out an assisted living facility. Since they offered and our visit was around noon, we decided to try lunch. A very young, very new lady came to offer us ice water, iced tea etc.. I asked her what the soup du jour was,
she replied that they made a different soup every day.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Facepalm 4
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm about to go in to a meeting.  A "tag-up," as my boss calls them.

A tag-up on my analysis of...the last tag-up, which was a tag-up on a previous tag-up where we discussed my analysis of the analysis we'd discussed in a tag-up on yet another tag-up.  

:hang:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm about to go in to a meeting.  A "tag-up," as my boss calls them.

A tag-up on my analysis of...the last tag-up, which was a tag-up on a previous tag-up where we discussed my analysis of the analysis we'd discussed in a tag-up on yet another tag-up.  

:hang:

Tag, you're it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why do they make turn signal bulbs so difficult to access (at least on my car)? I just gouged up my arm pretty good trying to get to mine only to give up. The driver side was doable, the passenger side is not happening. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, shrader said:

Why do they make turn signal bulbs so difficult to access (at least on my car)? I just gouged up my arm pretty good trying to get to mine only to give up. The driver side was doable, the passenger side is not happening. 

So you'll take it to the dealer and pay $750 for a "licensed mechanic" to do it.  

However bad it was trying to change that bulb, I'll bet it wasn't nearly as bad as trying to change the stupid car battery on a stupid Prius.  

1 hour ago, shrader said:

IIRC I had to pull the battery to change the halogen headlight bulb on my Corolla.

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

IIRC I had to pull the battery to change the halogen headlight bulb on my Corolla.

What year?  

Dad had a few early 70s Corolla E30.  Basically a disposable car.  When the headlights died, you just threw it out.  

43 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What year?  

Dad had a few early 70s Corolla E30.  Basically a disposable car.  When the headlights died, you just threw it out.  

99 Corolla, commuter car - 40mpg. Well over 200,000 miles when I retired in 2017.

• Like 1