Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

Crap Throwing Clavin
59 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

For you fans of corporatespeak, this was on every slide of a presentation I attended yesterday:

image.png.962e75a3841adcd31167c77fd91b3289.png

That's ridiculous.  What idiot wrote that?

Everyone knows that's the definition of "mission statement," not "vision."

I’d like to throw a “&#%$ cancer” out there. Saturday was supposed to be the day my aunt would meet my son for the first time. Instead she was going into hospice and gone a day later. 

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, shrader said:

I’d like to throw a “&#%$ cancer” out there. Saturday was supposed to be the day my aunt would meet my son for the first time. Instead she was going into hospice and gone a day later. 

Sincere condolences for her, you, & your family.

Will say a prayer for you all.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, shrader said:

There’s a company out here called Bland Landscaping. I’ll give them credit for their honesty. 

They specialize in boxwoods, I'm guessing?

• Haha 2

I just drove up to Buffalo for the first time since 2013 for a funeral. I think this may be the last time I’m ever in the area so off to the Bills store. 

Oh, and I had forgotten about that wonderful characteristic of the thruway where trailer trucks hang out in the left lane. 

Edited by shrader
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, shrader said:

I just drove up to Buffalo for the first time since 2013 for a funeral. I think this may be the last time I’m ever in the area so off to the Bills store. 

Oh, and I had forgotten about that wonderful characteristic of the thruway where trailer trucks hang out in the left lane. 

Condolences for your loss.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, shrader said:

I had a similar experience driving home to Erie for my Dad's funeral earlier this year.  Driving thru VA and MD, drivers would pick a lane and stay in it at whatever speed suited them.  But once I crossed the PA line on I-70, the drivers suddenly became more courteous.  Slower drivers stayed to right.  If I was in the left lane and came up behind somebody driving slower, they would move over a lane and let me pass.

On the return trip, it was the reverse.  Once I crossed over to MD, drivers were d*cks again.

And don't get me started on the DC Beltway

5 hours ago, devnull said:

I had a similar experience driving home to Erie for my Dad's funeral earlier this year.  Driving thru VA and MD, drivers would pick a lane and stay in it at whatever speed suited them.  But once I crossed the PA line on I-70, the drivers suddenly became more courteous.  Slower drivers stayed to right.  If I was in the left lane and came up behind somebody driving slower, they would move over a lane and let me pass.

On the return trip, it was the reverse.  Once I crossed over to MD, drivers were d*cks again.

I drove down the NJ Turnpike a couple summers ago for the first time in a while.  I had forgotten that 85 didn't cut it in the left lane.  :classic_laugh:

• Wow 1

5 hours ago, devnull said:

I took the WV route up here because there was no way I was driving through DC. There’s plenty of stupid here too. Some d-bag today pulled right up on my ass in the left lane in a spot where there was absolutely nowhere to go. I wouldn’t call it a break check, but I did a little double tap on my breaks to tell this guy to back the F up. He then immediately flew over two lanes into the exit lane before cutting back over very last second right in front of me almost slamming into the car in front of me. Fortunately the second he flew over to the right I knew the stupidity was incoming and I had already dropped about 10mph so that there was some space. 

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, devnull said:

In defense of the DC Beltway...people hang out in the left lane because of all the left exits and merges on the expressway system here.  I can't really blame someone for hanging out in the left lane when they're exiting to the left in two miles.  The DC Beltway encourages that bad behavior.

All the other stupid shit drivers do on the Beltway, though, is their own &#%$ing fault.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I talked to a recruiter today about a position on a to-be-awarded NIH contract.

Just had the recruiter send me a non-compete and letter of commitment, and tell me I had to send back both to get to the next round of interviews.  A letter of commitment...without a job offer?  :classic_laugh:

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

In defense of the DC Beltway...people hang out in the left lane because of all the left exits and merges on the expressway system here.  I can't really blame someone for hanging out in the left lane when they're exiting to the left in two miles.  The DC Beltway encourages that bad behavior.

I noticed that while I was up there, and was just as guilty as everyone else of driving in the left lane.  But in my defense, I wasn't familiar with the area, was using Internet driving directions, and my brain had been in shock since hearing my Dad died

• Cheers 3

19 hours ago, devnull said:

One time while I was on the Beltway, I was dodging shit that fell off a truck and was lying all over the road... at 80 mph (while fighting off my friend who was trying to grab the wheel from the passenger seat to 'help'). That was fun (not sarcasm, it really was a hoot). Thankfully it was during the 5 minutes or so per day that there wasn't a ton of traffic.

3 hours ago, devnull said:

I noticed that while I was up there, and was just as guilty as everyone else of driving in the left lane.  But in my defense, I wasn't familiar with the area, was using Internet driving directions, and my brain had been in shock since hearing my Dad died

I'm sorry for your loss.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Koko said:

One time while I was on the Beltway, I was dodging shit that fell off a truck and was lying all over the road... at 80 mph (while fighting off my friend who was trying to grab the wheel from the passenger seat to 'help'). That was fun (not sarcasm, it really was a hoot). Thankfully it was during the 5 minutes or so per day that there wasn't a ton of traffic.

If a passenger tried that with me, I'd literally backhand them in the face, without a second thought, to get them to stop.

Not the least of which because it would hurt them far less than going face-first into the windshield.  Do not &#%$ with me when I'm trying to control 3000 lbs of steel, aluminum, and plastic.

Watching TV I saw a commercial for some credit service called Credible, whose mascot is a bull named Credibull

Anyone else thing the Credibull looks more like a Credibison?

bWFsbC02LmpwZw