Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

On 2/27/2022 at 5:26 PM, shrader said:

I love all of the automatic questions. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing out loud when they started asking my wife the postpartum depression questions. We adopted. 

Just wait till they start asking if you suffer from PMS.

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 2/27/2022 at 8:27 PM, shrader said:

There’s this one guy who is always calling people idiots. 

Observing that people are idiots.

There's a difference.

Mrs. snafu and I watched Gaslight tonight.

I never knew the plot. I find that funny. 
And Ingrid Bergman was a beauty, for sure.

So... I went to have the oil changed in my truck this morning, bring a coupon so I can get a good price. I already have the price figured in my head before hitting the cashier. Time comes to cash out and the cashier tells me the total is roughly a buck and a half to two bucks more than I figured. Without question I hand her my card. she processes it, hands me my bill. Before walking away I inspect the bill to see where my figuring was wrong. Turns out my figuring was correct but there was an added charge for "Shop Supplies". So I question the cashier what shop supplies are and that I thought the cost of the oil change was "x" dollars. She explains to me that that is the charge for the protective gear the employees wear to do the job. I said, "really?" 

Somebody please just shoot me now.

• O Rly 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

So... I went to have the oil changed in my truck this morning, bring a coupon so I can get a good price. I already have the price figured in my head before hitting the cashier. Time comes to cash out and the cashier tells me the total is roughly a buck and a half to two bucks more than I figured. Without question I hand her my card. she processes it, hands me my bill. Before walking away I inspect the bill to see where my figuring was wrong. Turns out my figuring was correct but there was an added charge for "Shop Supplies". So I question the cashier what shop supplies are and that I thought the cost of the oil change was "x" dollars. She explains to me that that is the charge for the protective gear the employees wear to do the job. I said, "really?" 

Replying to this in the Politics forum...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

When did you move to California?

• Like 2

As long as I'm  :soapbox:, I might as well relate another little item that has stuck in my craw for all these years.

Back during a time before the phone book went all dinosaur, I used to advertise in it for my services.

At a certain point along the way, I moved operations to another town. Because of the desire of not wanting my clientele to lose track of me, I wanted to keep the same phone number. This was back in the early days of porting numbers, of which, wouldn't you know, they conveniently couldn't do with my number even though it was just one town over. So, for them to flip a switch, one time, I paid roughly $60 a month to keep the same number for years. One day I just couldn't take it anymore, it wasn't an issue of finances but just the fact of the matter. I changed phone numbers.

The Berry Company, who was the front for the phone book advertising, would bill you via the phone company. First month after changing my phone number, the advertising fees are not included in the phone bill. Second month, same thing, no billing. I call them up and tell them there is a problem. They assure me that they will take care of it. Third month, still no billing. I call 'em, explain what is going on all over again they tell me, "well, you can just send us the money. Umm, no... you need to bill me for services rendered and I will be happy to pay your bill. Okay, we'll get it taken care of this month for sure..." This goes on for about 9 months before they get their shit straightened around and actually bill me, with the gall to include an overdue notice in the billing.

Our relationship didn't last more than a few years after that. 

I'll be quiet now...

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 3/14/2022 at 7:55 PM, Foxx said:

Hopefully you don’t find the used condom on your floor mat. 

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
Keukasmallie

So I've watched "the slap" three or four times.  I sez to myself, Keuka, I sez, does a guy who gets slapped that way just stand still during the whole process, never move his feet, continue to hold his hands behind his back, never bend his body a little bit, only move his head to the right then quickly back to straight ahead, then just stand there?  Mmm, maybe, I know it's Hollywood, but c'mon?

Edited by Keukasmallie
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

So I've watched "the slap" three or four times.  I sez to myself, Keuka, I sez, does a guy who gets slapped that way just stand still during the whole process, never move his feet, continue to hold his hands behind his back, never bend his body a little bit, only move his head to the right then quickly back to straight ahead, then just stand there?  Mmm, maybe, I know it's Hollywood, but c'mon?

He got slapped like he's been slapped a lot.

I lean slightly toward not staged because Rock just stammered for the next couple minutes.

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Crap Throwing Clavin

Someone just emptied my checking account.  Walked in to a local branch, claiming to be me, asked for two counter checks for $5k, and got them.  

Fortunately, I don't keep much in my checking account - just a couple hundred, transfer what I need from savings when bills are due.  Still got charged the overdraft when "faux-CTM" tried to cash the checks.

And the bank...can't tell me precisely what happened.  Don't know which branch it was, or what teller issued the checks.  Just that someone walked in and got the checks.  And online and phone customer service can't help me...they say I have to go to the branch - which one, they don't know - to get this fixed.

My exact response to that:

"So you issued ten grand in checks to someone, without checking their ID, without checking the account to see if it had ten grand in it.  And you don't know who did it, or even which branch it was in.  But you expect me to somehow fix it myself.  Are you people complete &#%$ing idiots?" 

The bank is Truist.  Yes, the account is closed.  Yes, I'm reporting them to Treasury, not for the fraud, but for the complete lack of auditing in their systems.  

• Wow 2

8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Someone just emptied my checking account.  Walked in to a local branch, claiming to be me, asked for two counter checks for $5k, and got them.  

Fortunately, I don't keep much in my checking account - just a couple hundred, transfer what I need from savings when bills are due.  Still got charged the overdraft when "faux-CTM" tried to cash the checks.

And the bank...can't tell me precisely what happened.  Don't know which branch it was, or what teller issued the checks.  Just that someone walked in and got the checks.  And online and phone customer service can't help me...they say I have to go to the branch - which one, they don't know - to get this fixed.

My exact response to that:

"So you issued ten grand in checks to someone, without checking their ID, without checking the account to see if it had ten grand in it.  And you don't know who did it, or even which branch it was in.  But you expect me to somehow fix it myself.  Are you people complete &#%$ing idiots?" 

The bank is Truist.  Yes, the account is closed.  Yes, I'm reporting them to Treasury, not for the fraud, but for the complete lack of auditing in their systems.  

Sounds like an inside job.

I bet they know exactly what branch cut those checks.  They know which teller cut them. They’re just not letting you in on it.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, snafu said:

Sounds like an inside job.

I bet they know exactly what branch cut those checks.  They know which teller cut them. They’re just not letting you in on it.

Could be.  All the more reason to report them to Treasury, CFBP, the FBI, FDIC, the FTC.

Am I missing anyone?  

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Could be.  All the more reason to report them to Treasury, CFBP, the FBI, FDIC, the FTC.

Am I missing anyone?  

Whatever state they’re chartered in. Go to that AG’s office and lodge a complaint, as well as that state’s Banking regulatory agency.  States love to go after banks. 

Edit:

Actually, Comptroller of the Currency charters federal banks. State banks are chartered in whatever state they’re organized.

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stuff like this makes me smile because it shows that my somewhat concerning love for wings is shared by others.

It's funny listening to these guys get on each other's case about their choice.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...