Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 hours ago, Foxx said:

Knowing how to make custom router templates might be the single most useful woodworking skill.

That triangular template for making a radius is so obvious in retrospect, but I don't know that it would have ever occurred to me.

• Like 2

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Knowing how to make custom router templates might be the single most useful woodworking skill.

That triangular template for making a radius is so obvious in retrospect, but I don't know that it would have ever occurred to me.

You may know. I do not. What would the math be. What size triangle would make what size radius? Am I over thinking it. Is it more the distance from center to straight edge and that determines the radius of the end design? Obviously these triangular sides need to be exact lengths. 

Edited by Fansince88

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

You may know. I do not. What would the math be. What size triangle would make what size radius? Am I over thinking it. Is it more the distance from center to straight edge and that determines the radius of the end design? Obviously these triangular sides need to be exact lengths. 

Equilateral, distance from center to one of the points, since the point is the pivot, so determines the radius.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

So, real or CGI?

Complete CGI. 

Was wondering if it would catch anyone here.

• Cheers 2

Fansince88
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Complete CGI. 

Was wondering if it would catch anyone here.

I thought it looked not only CGI but also a really poorly done CGI. 

• Like 2

Keukasmallie

Are there really people out there who reply to a batch email sender that sends them three or four solicitation mails one right after the other?

Yeah, I know....

9 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Are there really people out there who reply to a batch email sender that sends them three or four solicitation mails one right after the other?

Yeah, I know....

I love the McAfee ones that tell me this is my final notice, they are canceling me. Of course, when they are on a roll, I get more the next day. I have been tempted to answer and say, "please do!"

• Cheers 2

Keukasmallie
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

I love the McAfee ones that tell me this is my final notice, they are canceling me. Of course, when they are on a roll, I get more the next day. I have been tempted to answer and say, "please do!"

Personally, I've won a number of power tools from Harbor Freight.  I'm waiting to pick them up until a project comes along where I'll need them.

I hope HF doesn't run out before then....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get a bunch from Doctor Will. 
I block him and get several more each day. 

I love answering my phone when it says potential spam. 
I answer 

NEW YORK STATE police - Captain 👨‍✈️ Goose 

of fraud division. How can we help you.  

• Applause 2
  • Cheers 1