Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

1 hour ago, Niagara said:

Beane has really only hit on two draft picks: White and Allen. He has had better luck with some free agents and trades, but those two hits make up for all the misses. To think we could have drafted Rosen or Darnold and been back to square one, thank you Mr. Beane. We only have to develop a running game and a better defense, instead of a complete rebuild. Here is hoping Beane signs a contract and fixes what is wrong.

Not Dawkins or Milano even?

Edit:  technically not Beane picks.

Edited by snafu

1 hour ago, Niagara said:

How much would Darnold be worth? A second and fifth seems high. Maybe a fifth?

Aside from being in our division, gotta feel sorry for Jets fans, probably like *Patriots fans felt sorry for us over the past 20 years.

26 minutes ago, snafu said:

Not Dawkins or Milano even?

Edit:  technically not Beane picks.

I got curious after @Niagara's comment, so I made up a post for discussion on Beane's drafts. Link.

• Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 11/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Not to mention that the PAC10 hasn't had an impact defender drafted in like a decade (Who is the best off the top of your head?  Myles Jack?).  The conference literally plays zero defense. 

I'd have no issue picking a RB, WR, or DB from PAC10 but I'd likely look elsewhere at the top of the draft for other positions unless whoever I was considering just jumped off the film like Bo Jackson in Techmo Bowl.

Burfict was a stud (a dangerous lunatic, but still a stud) though obviously he wasn’t drafted.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Niagara said:

How much would Darnold be worth? A second and fifth seems high. Maybe a fifth?

Aside from being in our division, gotta feel sorry for Jets fans, probably like **Patriots fans felt sorry for us over the past 20 years.

No. No I don’t. I don’t feel sorry for the fans of any other NFL team. That goes double for fans of teams that have won a Lombardi. In fact I hope those teams become/are bottom feeders for decades. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

No. No I don’t. I don’t feel sorry for the fans of any other NFL team. That goes double for fans of teams that have won a Lombardi. In fact I hope those teams become/are bottom feeders for decades. 

I am old enough to remember when the Jets won the SB. Back then the AFL was thought to be inferior, the shape of the footballs was even different.  Namath was playing for the whole AFL, not just NYC. Buffalo had beaten the Jets during the regular season that year, and after the SB Namath said there were several AFL teams which could have beaten the Colts, and I assumed he included the Bills. The Jets have never made it back, and the once mighty Browns have never made it at all.

In fact, I will still root for the AFC team in a SB, even the **Patriots,

Edited by Niagara

51 minutes ago, Niagara said:

In fact, I will still root for the AFC team in a SB, even the ***Patriots,

Generally I do as well, though not for the *Patriots because their "fans" are full of it.  You couldn't drop a nuclear weapon on Foxboro and find a *Patriots' fan during the lean years.  We used to be able to go there on Sundays, buy the lowest price ticket in the place and still sit in the best seats in the house because there was no one there.

&#%$ the &#%$ing *Patriots' fans.  I hope they all die of syphilis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watching Conner McDermott plsy LT while Frank Gore gets the lion's share of the carries is hysterical. 

Meanwhile, Kalen Ballage is destroying the Jets.  That's gotta be fun for him. 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:38 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

I can't even think seriously about this team until Gase is gased.

Ok we were stupid to hire Rex after the Jets dumped him, but he did have a decent pedigree. But the Jets jumping on Gase after Miami dumped him is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

You do realize this is the same organization that decided Richie Kotite was worth a shot after his "stellar" career in Filly.

• Like 1

Frank Gore is a Hall of Fame player. He had to have known the Jets were tanking. If he can stick around a few more years, he and his son can play together. 😉

Jets RB Frank Gore on possible 0-16 season: 'I can't go out like that'

</snip>

"You don't want to go 0-16," Gore said, via the Associated Press. "This could be my last year. I can't go out like that."

The aging veteran played 58 percent of the snaps Sunday and led the Jets backs with 15 attempts for 61 yards and a TD. It was Gore's first TD of the season and marked the third decade in which the running back has found pay dirt.

It feels notable that Gore is discussing the potential end of his career on the very weekend his son, Frank Gore Jr., scored his first touchdown as a freshman at Southern Miss.

</snip>

On 11/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Generally I do as well, though not for the **Patriots because their "fans" are full of it.  You couldn't drop a nuclear weapon on Foxboro and find a **Patriots' fan during the lean years.  We used to be able to go there on Sundays, buy the lowest price ticket in the place and still sit in the best seats in the house because there was no one there.

&#%$ the &#%$ing **Patriots' fans.  I hope they all die of syphilis.

henryviii_freshex1.jpg

• Haha 1

If you have a subscription to the athletic, this is worth the read. No, as a back-up for Buffalo is not listed.

This is the list, but the reasoning is why you should read it:

5. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Chicago Bears
3. Denver Broncos
2. San Francisco 49ers
1. Indianapolis Colts

I was thinking today that Woody Johnson might be back from his ambassadorship to the UK and take over operations from his even more inept brother.

• Haha 1

New York Jets' Adam Gase admits he hasn't helped Sam Darnold develop as NFL QB

New York Jets coach Adam Gase was hired nearly two years ago in large part to groom quarterback Sam Darnold for success. On Thursday, Gase admitted for the first time that he's failing.

"I came here to help him, help him develop his career, and we haven't been able to do that," said Gase, who is 7-20 and has presided over the NFL's worst offense for the better part of two seasons.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Ann said:

New York Jets' Adam Gase admits he hasn't helped Sam Darnold develop as NFL QB

New York Jets coach Adam Gase was hired nearly two years ago in large part to groom quarterback Sam Darnold for success. On Thursday, Gase admitted for the first time that he's failing.

"I came here to help him, help him develop his career, and we haven't been able to do that," said Gase, who is 7-20 and has presided over the NFL's worst offense for the better part of two seasons.

</snip>

After Gase's press conference where he was essentially lying about who was calling plays on offense, it's pretty clear to me what I only previously thought was a joke: the only reason he's still employed is because he's the best way to ensure the Jets the #1 pick.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

After Gase's press conference where he was essentially lying about who was calling plays on offense, it's pretty clear to me what I only previously thought was a joke: the only reason he's still employed is because he's the best way to ensure the Jets the #1 pick.

Internet memes based on reality.