Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

I'm apparently in the minority who thinks that Darnold can be a very good NFL QB once you get him 1,000 miles away from Adam Gase, and give him real offensive weapons.

Sincerely, Ryan Tannehill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Oh, come on, does anybody believe that Bellicheat wouldn't find a way to blow the week 17 game if it meant keeping Lawrence out of the division?

At least this way, they don't lose Lawrence in a soul crushing manner; just a really painful one.

My opinion is that nobody is going to be a certain star.  That’s what they said about Luck.  That’s what they said about Darnold (the Jets traded UP to get him). Bad owners make bad GM and coaching hires — the Jets haven’t let their GM choose the coach.  They need so much that even if Lawrence was 75% of the hype, it will be a long while before he makes a bit of difference.

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

My opinion is that nobody is going to be a certain star.  That’s what they said about Luck.  That’s what they said about Darnold (the Jets traded UP to get him). Bad owners make bad GM and coaching hires — the Jets haven’t let their GM choose the coach.  They need so much that even if Lawrence was 75% of the hype, it will be a long while before he makes a bit of difference.

Yes, the Jest traded up for Darnold.  So did the Bears for Trubitsky, the Bills for Losman & Allen, & the Chefs for Mahommes.

That somebody believed in these guys wasn't what made them "can't miss" and none of them were "can't miss" - not even Mahommes.  And, yes, Lawrence could get done in by injuries like Luck did; but he's the most certain "can't miss" guy since Luck. IMHO.

There is a lot of chatter on  the Jets message boards and by the talking heads that the Jets might sit pat with Darnold trading the #2 pick for more picks to surround him with talent.  The real question is whether the problem is Darnold or Gase, and if Darnold is not the main problem, has Gase ruined him beyond repair?

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

There is a lot of chatter on  the Jets message boards and by the talking heads that the Jets might sit pat with Darnold trading the #2 pick for more picks to surround him with talent.  The real question is whether the problem is Darnold or Gase, and if Darnold is not the main problem, has Gase ruined him beyond repair?

I don't know what the right move is with Darnold but they're not a rookie QB away from being good.  That team has a ton of holes and needs to hit some home runs in both the draft and free agency just to get beyond "easy win on the schedule."

I think Douglas had a good first draft but he was pretty hamstrung by the bad decisions of his predecessors.  He's certainly got the pedigree on the personnel side.  It remains to be seen if the Johnsons can stop doing stupid things that consistently set the franchise back.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know what the right move is with Darnold but they're not a rookie QB away from being good.  That team has a ton of holes and needs to hit some home runs in both the draft and free agency just to get beyond "easy win on the schedule."

I think Douglas had a good first draft but he was pretty hamstrung by the bad decisions of his predecessors.  He's certainly got the pedigree on the personnel side.  It remains to be seen if the Johnsons can stop doing stupid things that consistently set the franchise back.

They've got a shit ton of picks in the next two years.  They could easily keep Darnold until they get a better cast around him -- and maybe find out if he can get it done.  If they need to trade picks in the next year or two to get a QB, then they have the draft capital to do that.

As for the Johnsons, their problem is that they tend to listen to fans to make their decisions.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

They've got a shit ton of picks in the next two years.  They could easily keep Darnold until they get a better cast around him -- and maybe find out if he can get it done.  If they need to trade picks in the next year or two to get a QB, then they have the draft capital to do that.

As for the Johnsons, their problem is that they tend to listen to fans to make their decisions.

Joe Binigno’s dream job is to be GM of the Jets. HE’LL show them how to build a winner! :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Shocking no one:

Doug Marrone has his fingers crossed?  First, a quick exit from Jacksonville.  What insult does Doug toss to get his walking papers?

20 hours ago, Ann said:

Shocking no one:

Thank you for posting that.

Saves me from listening to that show.  It is AWFUL.

Craig Carton is the worst radio host.  There's no worse.  He's the one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Thank you for posting that.

Saves me from listening to that show.  It is AWFUL.

Craig Carton is the worst radio host.  There's no worse.  He's the one.

Now that Joe Binigno retired. Is Francesca still on the air? He and Russo were terrible. I liked the Schmoozer Steve Somers though. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Now that Joe Binigno retired. Is Francesca still on the air? He and Russo were terrible. I liked the Schmoozer Steve Somers though. 

Somers is 100% my favorite.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

His intros were great. Quite creative. The FEARLESS FORECASTER! 

I wanted to once call in his show and say: “love your show. You, not so much.” I’m pretty sure he would appreciate the joke.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Francesca’s Sammy Watkins rant from a few years back is pretty great. “Sammy Watkins only caught three passes yesterday. FOR 157 YARDS! You know how long it takes a Jet receiver to get 157 yards? THREE YEARS!” :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1