Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

I heard this yesterday on the radio and thought "Damn...I haven't heard his name out loud in years."

I don't know if NY is the place for a first-time HC, especially since they talked to Bienemy and still plan to talk to Saleh, but like @Ann noted above, you could throw a dart in a dive bar and find a HC upgrade over Gase.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

Just in case anyone is wondering how delusional fans are...Rich is saying "trade Sam Darnold and the Seahawk's first to Houston for Deshaun Watson."  If I'm the Texans, I'm not listening to ANY offers that aren't at least 3 firsts (plus additional picks this season and next) and you can keep Darnold (no matter what Palmer says).

It's nice not being a fan of a team facing that climb (anymore).

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 2

RochesterRob
44 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Just in case anyone is wondering how delusional fans are...Rich is saying "trade Sam Darnold and the Seahawk's first to Houston for Deshaun Watson."  If I'm the Texans, I'm not listening to ANY offers that aren't at least 3 firsts (plus additional picks this season and next) and you can keep Darnold (no matter what Palmer says).

It's nice not being a fan of a team facing that climb (anymore).

Until I clicked this off of the (recent) posts column I thought that maybe you were referencing the words of wisdom from Rich Kotite.  I hear he makes a mean corn beef and potato salad sandwich.

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Until I clicked this off of the (recent) posts column I thought that maybe you were referencing the words of wisdom from Rich Kotite.  I hear he makes a mean corn beef and potato salad sandwich.

I think it's pretty clear Kotite knew how to eat.  :yahoo:

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Damn, I was hoping the chargers would grab him...........................instead of Dabol

They still may prefer Bienemy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

They still may prefer Bienemy.

He must interview poorly to get no offers (yet).

Buffalo Timmy
18 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

He must interview poorly to get no offers (yet).

With Bienemy it might be an issue of his plans all rotate around a Mahomes caliber QB and the teams all interviewing do not have that.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:26 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Rooney Rule.  I'm very curious about Lewis' reputation with players around the league.

I thought he was considered a players coach?

39 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I thought he was considered a players coach?

I'm more talking about how he's never won in the post season as a head coach.

• Like 1

Not sure I would like to see this, but no matter what, they are still the NY Jets.

Deshaun Watson ramps up Jets trade buzz with Post ‘like’

Deshaun-Watson-is-a-big-fan-of-The-Posts-back-page-from-Monday-morning..jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=838

Deshaun Watson may have given the first indication he’s interested in coming to the Jets.

The Texans star’s official Instagram account liked a picture of The Post’s back page from Monday that said the Jets should do “Whatever It Takes” to acquire the disgruntled quarterback. The picture was posted by Yonkers entrepreneur Wayne Schneider. ...

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly How Many Teams Have Reached Out to the Jets About Trading For Sam Darnold (So Far)

A report that revealed "multiple teams" had reached out to the Jets to express interest in trading for Sam Darnold stole the show on the morning of Super Bowl Sunday. Now, we know exactly how many teams have inquired with New York about their franchise quarterback. 

</snip>

I believe Sam Darnold is in play. First, what I know: Four teams have called the Jets to inquire about Darnold’s availability. Each was met with an interesting response, told that the team, with its new coaching staff getting its footing, is still evaluating the quarterback position. That, of course, is not a “no.” And it is true that new offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur and his lieutenants have been taking Jets GM Joe Douglas and his scouts through all the ins and outs of what they want schematically, and what they look for in players individually. Now, for what I think: Douglas, and his scouting brain trust of Rex Hogan, Phil Savage and Chad Alexander have had time to get a really good look at BYU’s Zach Wilson, Ohio State’s Justin Fields and North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, and even if they don’t know them yet as well as they’ll need to in April, the fact that dealing Darnold is a consideration tells you that they’re at least intrigued by something there. The interesting thing is the 23-year-old Darnold is only two years older than Fields and Wilson, and three years older than Lance. And it’d be very easy for another to look at Darnold, and the situation he was in, and deduce that the still-raw talent he’s got can very much be harvested. Which, then, could lead to Douglas having the ability to get even more draft capital to work with to surround a quarterback taken with the second pick. That is, of course, assuming that Deshaun Watson isn’t in play in a few weeks. Either way, the Jets are in a decent spot here, regardless of where they decide to go. And right now? Right now, if I’m a team that prefers Darnold to, say, Mariota or Wentz, I’m probably holding tight on making a big quarterback move.

</snip>

• Like 1