Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

On 3/15/2021 at 10:30 AM, stuvian said:

The last good Trojan QB was Carson Palmer. 

Actually the last good Trojan was the one that kept me from bringing another child into this world.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Actually the last good Trojan was the one that kept me from bringing another child into this world.

“I was using my lucky rubber all through the aughts and that sucker went 50 and 0.” - Ash Williams

On 3/17/2021 at 6:44 AM, Foxx said:

If indeed Darnold does stink and they don't move on from him this year, the Jets could be a basement dweller for a long time.

They may play out the string on his contract this season, but they are 100% taking a QB at #2.  Let's just hope they screw it up like they have every other draft they've taken a QB since the '60s (literally).

• Like 1

That's quite a draft history.  I had forgotten about gems like Browning Nagle and Kellen Clemens.  Come on Jets, keep it rolling!

image.png.0cc7fb23e62cc1d3f9d3733ef59a9d91.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That's quite a draft history.  I had forgotten about gems like Browning Nagle and Kellen Clemens.  Come on Jets, keep it rolling!

image.png.0cc7fb23e62cc1d3f9d3733ef59a9d91.png

I actually thought Sanchez was better than given credit for and better than most there. Pennington was so undervalued and underappreciated in his career.

2 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I actually thought Sanchez was better than given credit for and better than most there. Pennington was so undervalued and underappreciated in his career.

Pennington was the best of the bunch and injuries cost him a better career.

O'Brien was good, but a huge mistake to take him over Marino.

Sanchez was ok as a game manager when Rex had those very solid teams for a couple years, but he was crap if you asked him to go out and win the game.

But some of those picks are all-timers.  Did Hackenberg ever even take a snap?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Pennington was the best of the bunch and injuries cost him a better career.

O'Brien was good, but a huge mistake to take him over Marino.

Sanchez was ok as a game manager when Rex had those very solid teams for a couple years, but he was crap if you asked him to go out and win the game.

But some of those picks are all-timers.  Did Hackenberg ever even take a snap?

I doubt it Re:Hackenberg

The geno smith train about swooped me up, especially when DrD was on it. I never got sold and boy am I glad. The guy just didn't have the tools. It was apparent from the start.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Boyst said:

The geno smith train about swooped me up, especially when DrD was on it. I never got sold and boy am I glad. The guy just didn't have the tools. It was apparent from the start.

Geno Smith was a top 10 all-time pick ATOP (Tebow being #1 of course).  

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

I figured he wouldn't amount to anything after the reports came out that he was more interested in being on his phone during team interviews than actually talking to prospective employers.

20 minutes ago, SabreKV said:

The Bills '16 draft was all gone with Shaq leaving in free agency last year. They do still have Ferguson and Zimmer as udfas however.

Rex Ryan's last draft? 🤣

12 hours ago, SabreKV said:

The Bills '16 draft was all gone with Shaq leaving in free agency last year. They do still have Ferguson and Zimmer as udfas however.

Did someone say Ferguson?

jpeg

• Haha 2

I was watching fairly closely this past week and didn't realize the Jets spent $$$.

New York Jets spend $75M in NFL free agency, but they still need a big draft

</snip>

Dollar Bill: Don't say the Jets don't spend money. The numbers are ever-changing, but the Jets' $75 million in spending ranks fourth in the league, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Belichick's *Patriots have doled out $156 million in guarantees, the New York Giants in second with $97 million and the Jacksonville Jaguars next at $82 million.

The Jets have put most of their eggs in two baskets, Lawson and Davis.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1