Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

Francesca’s Sammy Watkins rant from a few years back is pretty great. “Sammy Watkins only caught three passes yesterday. FOR 157 YARDS! You know how long it takes a Jet receiver to get 157 yards? THREE YEARS!” :classic_laugh:

Yes, I remember that one. An epic meltdown. 

Five days later...

"Lengthy search?" Is that a polite way of saying that even though they are one of only 32 jobs, they are gonna have to bribe some with a lot of dinero?

Jets expected to part ways with head coach Adam Gase after Sunday's game

The Jets are expected to part ways with coach Adam Gase after Sunday's finale against the *Patriots, per sources, kicking off a search that the entire NFL world has believed was inevitable.

Among the candidates who are slated to be considered are Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, Ravens defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale, Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith and Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley to college coaches such as Iowa State's Matt Campbell, Michigan's Jim Harbaugh and Florida's Dan Mullen to everyone in between.

Expect a lengthy and thorough search.

</snip>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

Among the candidates who are slated to be considered are Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, Ravens defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale, Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith and Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley to college coaches such as Iowa State's Matt Campbell, Michigan's Jim Harbaugh and Florida's Dan Mullen to everyone in between.

Really curious to see who takes this job. The only HC job less attractive has to be Houston, who mortgaged their future for a left tackle, a mediocre RB and 4 wins. Is the plan to deal Darnold for picks and grab Fields?  Keep Darnold and build the line? 

Every time I see a story about the Jets, I want to hug Beane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I wonder what is worth more? Darnold or pick #2? Didn't Fields have a great bowl game?

It’s great not to be the team swinging for the fences when they don’t even know how big the outfield is. The Jets making a big move just for the sake of doing it is something the rest of the division can get behind. 

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
15 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Really curious to see who takes this job. The only HC job less attractive has to be Houston, who mortgaged their future for a left tackle, a mediocre RB and 4 wins. Is the plan to deal Darnold for picks and grab Fields?  Keep Darnold and build the line? 

Every time I see a story about the Jets, I want to hug Beane.

Not having the picks sucks for Houston but they do have a young, very good QB.  A good GM can build around that, even without high draft choices.

I wouldn't take the JETS' job for any reason.  Why would you want to be in a division with McDermott, Belichick, and Flores?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It’s great not to be the team swinging for the fences when they don’t even know how big the outfield is. The Jets making a big move just for the sake of doing it is something the rest of the division can get behind. 

love the baseball analogy, very apt.

they are probably going to embark on the total rebuild this year. *Patriots, the following year after they realize it was Marsha and not Bellyboy who fueled that run.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ann said:

I wonder what is worth more? Darnold or pick #2? Didn't Fields have a great bowl game?

Making a splash just to make a splash is stupid... I hope the Jests do it.

Now if they get a coach who thinks he can work with/salvage Darnold, trading out of #2 might be a good plan. They have a lot of holes to fill.

Edited by Koko

Haha, the Jets traded up to get Darnold at 4 and all the talking heads thought it was a great move. Now they’re going to reach at 2 and nobody will be fooled this time.

They have 6 picks in the first three rounds and a ton of cap space. They also have two firsts in 2022.  They should build their team and see what Darnold has with actual talent. If he sucks again next year they can ge5 the next best kid in ‘22.

1 hour ago, Koko said:

Making a splash just to make a splash is stupid... I hope the Jests do it.

Now if they get a coach who thinks he can work with/salvage Darnold, trading out of #2 might be a good plan. They have a lot of holes to fill.

In this case it makes loads of sense.  If the new coach feels Darnold is fixable, then the #2 pick can give you rebuild assets.   If they're moving on from Darnold, then better get some value for him now.    

On 12/30/2020 at 12:04 PM, Nanker said:

Now that Joe Binigno retired. Is Francesca still on the air? He and Russo were terrible. I liked the Schmoozer Steve Somers though. 

Schmooooooozing under the covers until dawn!!   Somers is terrific.

I liked Francesca and Russo together back in the day.  Once they broke up, Francesca was unlistenable.  Never heard a guy more full of himself in my life.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, GG1 said:

In this case it makes loads of sense.  If the new coach feels Darnold is fixable, then the #2 pick can give you rebuild assets.   If they're moving on from Darnold, then better get some value for him now.    

Yep. Peak value for Sam is right now. He is fungible and his value will shrink faster than Tua’s balls at halftime. 

• Haha 3

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, snafu said:

Haha, the Jets traded up to get Darnold at 4 and all the talking heads thought it was a great move. Now they’re going to reach at 2 and nobody will be fooled this time.

They have 6 picks in the first three rounds and a ton of cap space. They also have two firsts in 2022.  They should build their team and see what Darnold has with actual talent. If he sucks again next year they can ge5 the next best kid in ‘22.

Hopefully, our guys are aware of these things and realize that they had better go all out to get a Lombardi this year.  A lot of things could happen next year to jeopardize our chances then.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not having the picks sucks for Houston but they do have a young, very good QB.  A good GM can build around that, even without high draft choices.

I stand corrected. I'm watching Watson go toe-to-toe with the Titans, even after losing his top receivers. You can absolutely build on him. Guy is a baller. They just tied the Titans as I type this.

• FANtastic 1

It’s gotta be like a bankruptcy meeting with the union employees being told by management that everything will be back on track after they go through chapter 13. &#%$ the JESTS. 

• Haha 1

Someday I would like to see a fully truthful press release. Something like:

The coach sucked and dragged the team down to new depths.  The only reason we waited was to improve our draft pick and he even screwed that up.  As soon as the game was over we fired him on the headset to get his loser stench out of the building as soon as possible. While we promise to do better next time, we have proven to be poor judges of coaches so we apologize in advance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RochesterRob
37 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

Someday I would like to see a fully truthful press release. Something like:

The coach sucked and dragged the team down to new depths.  The only reason we waited was to improve our draft pick and he even screwed that up.  As soon as the game was over we fired him on the headset to get his loser stench out of the building as soon as possible. While we promise to do better next time, we have proven to be poor judges of coaches so we apologize in advance.

Unfortunately, lawyers rule the Earth the way the dinosaurs did the same many tens of millions of years ago.  For that reason, Bill Belichick, Star Trek : Discovery, etc. I am waiting on the asteroid strike as it is now overdue.