Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

The people in the Jets forums should stay away from sharp objects for a while. :wink2:

Meanwhile, the Miami fans are basically having a party over this win.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

It’s not like the Jags are any better as an organization.

At least better weather and no state tax for home games.

Also not in same division as Josh.

10 hours ago, Just Joshin said:

At least better weather and no state tax for home games.

Also not in same division as Josh.

Lawrence is from a small town in Georgia and plays at Clemson (small town in SC). Jax is not a big city, even though it spreads out forever. And, he could live at an ocean front property on Ponte Vedra Beach.

Lemme see an ocean front estate vs NYC media? Hmmm

I will say that in normal times the nightlife and activities in NYC for those with $$$ beats Jacksonville hands-down. Under this lock down BS?

He said he was "likely" coming out. Being away from the Jets, even if it means Jacksonville, probably has him sighing in relief.

Now to see if Jacksonville can help themselves from screwing this up the next two weeks.

34 minutes ago, Ann said:

Now to see if Jacksonville can help themselves from screwing this up the next two weeks.

Jags have Chicago next week and the Colts to close out the season. The Colts have the Steelers next week, so I suspect that Jags game will have meaning for the Colts.

Meanwhile the Jets play Cleveland and the *Patriots, and I'm not sure that *Patriots aren't playing Stidham that last week now that they know Cam has no future there.

It's pretty funny that Frank Gore's biggest contribution for the Buffalo BILLS was getting a first down for the Jets. 

It's going to be very interesting to watch what unfolds over the next few years if the Jets don't end up with the first overall pick and Lawrence turns out to be a great NFL QB.

Personally, I'd much rather play for Jacksonville than the Jets.  I'm not sure there's worse ownership in the NFL than the Jets and while there is potentially more sponsorship money to be had in NYC, the media microscope, climate, city hassle, and taxes don't come close to making it worth it.

• Like 2

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Jags have Chicago next week and the Colts to close out the season. The Colts have the Steelers next week, so I suspect that Jags game will have meaning for the Colts.

Meanwhile the Jets play Cleveland and the **Patriots, and I'm not sure that **Patriots aren't playing Stidham that last week now that they know Cam has no future there.

I am very curious to see what Belichick does over the next 2 weeks regarding Stidham.  He knows their OLine and supporting cast aren't good, so does he throw the kid to the wolves and possibly hit his confidence or does he just ride it out and hope he can move up the board for a better player?

There isn't much reason to play to win once you're eliminated, especially in a place where the culture is already set.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I am very curious to see what Belichick does over the next 2 weeks regarding Stidham.

I'm not sure I wouldn't put it past him to throw the game vs. the Jets if somehow Jags win next week vs. Chicago.

I know that sounds ludicrous. But if he's willing to cheat, I wouldn't put it past him to throw one week in order to gain years.

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not sure I wouldn't put it past him to throw the game vs. the Jets if somehow Jags win next week vs. Chicago.

I know that sounds ludicrous. But if he's willing to cheat, I wouldn't put it past him to throw one week in order to gain years.

Not only does throwing the Jests game potentially screw a division rival, but it also improves his own draft position.

26 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I would.  Nothing to be gained by winning and setting the Jets back (AGAIN) for a decade would be something the Dark Lord would be all about.

• Like 1

Fun times driving into work today listening to the NYC sports talk guys debate the Jest's loss and whether they should have tanked at all costs.  I was reminded of similar debates regarding our team.  So entertaining to listen to if involves some other team.

Someone made the point that if Lawrence goes on to a Hall of Fame career with JAX then this game will be infamous to Jests fans forever.

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Fun times driving into work today listening to the NYC sports talk guys debate the Jest's loss and whether they should have tanked at all costs.  I was reminded of similar debates regarding our team.  So entertaining to listen to if involves some other team.

Someone made the point that if Lawrence goes on to a Hall of Fame career with JAX then this game will be infamous to Jests fans forever.

Oh, come on, does anybody believe that Bellicheat wouldn't find a way to blow the week 17 game if it meant keeping Lawrence out of the division?

At least this way, they don't lose Lawrence in a soul crushing manner; just a really painful one.