Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

IF

The Jets and the Seattle Seahawks have been listening to offers about their perspective quarterbacks.

</snip>

Appearing on Wednesday’s edition of the ESPN morning show “Get Up,” ESPN NFL Draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. said that if the Seahawks trade Wilson, their next call should be to the Jets about Darnold.

“There’s a quarterback out there that’s better than any of the quarterbacks in this draft except for Trevor Lawrence, and that is Sam Darnold,” Kiper said. “If I were Pete Carroll with the USC connection, I’m looking at the Jets, and I’m looking at Sam Darnold. If you’re going to move Russell Wilson and I get Sam Darnold, I can live with that over any other quarterback in this draft other than Trevor Lawrence. He’s going to go to Jacksonville, so that ain’t happening. I’m not worried about Russell Wilson in comparison with any other quarterback in this draft. The quarterback I would target would be Sam Darnold. Put that on Twitter, immediately.”

</snip>

• Like 1

Sam Darnold out, Zach Wilson in as New York Jets QB?

Sam Darnold out, Zach Wilson in? Trey Wingo and Tony Pauline discuss the latest on the New York Jets’ QB situation ahead of the draft.

</snip>

Talking on this week’s Draft Insiders show (clip above), PFN Chief NFL Analyst Trey Wingo said, “I’m sure Tony [Pauline] is hearing the same thing, but it sure sounds like [Zach Wilson will be a New York Jet].”

Pauline, PFN Chief Draft Analyst and NFL Insider, explained, “As of last night [March 23], the word in league circles was very likely that Sam Darnold is out, they’re going to trade him, and it will be Zach Wilson.”

</snip>

• Angry 1
  • Cheers 1

Considering what the Dolphins just got for the 3rd overall pick, I wonder what the Jets 2nd overall pick is worth, 4 firsts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I for one will not want to see Wilson twice a year for the next dozen years. 

This is genuinely meant as no disrespect to you, personally, but I heard the same thing pre-draft, early and often, about Darnold, Mayfield and Tua.

Time will still tell, I know, but the list of factors and decisions that must be successful beyond picking a new QB -- in order to make that QB successful -- can fit on an old Circuit City receipt.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is genuinely meant as no disrespect to you, personally, but I heard the same thing pre-draft, early and often, about Darnold, Mayfield and Tua.

Time will still tell, I know, but the list of factors and decisions that must be successful beyond picking a new QB -- in order to make that QB successful -- can fit on an old Circuit City receipt.

No, I get it. But to paint this kid as a hayseed who has never been away from home is ridiculous. That’s what my point is. He has much the same athletic abilities that Josh has. And even though the Jets still are the JESTS, their FO is the best it’s been in decades. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Nanker said:

No, I get it. But to paint this kid as a hayseed who has never been away from home is ridiculous. That’s what my point is. He has much the same athletic abilities that Josh has. And even though the Jets still are the JESTS, their FO is the best it’s been in decades. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Understood. The idea that the Jets will now take a QB at #2 has turned Jets fans into nutbags.

I caught a Twitter thread from an ESPN dude last night showing Darnold making that 'moving left, throwing off back foot across his body' throw like Wilson did that is making the NFL website piss itself.

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

That’s an abjectly ridiculous take. Like no BYU Quarterback EVER had any kind of success in the NFL. :der:

Answer me this one question, did his teammates all go to his last birthday party? 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Just my 2 cents. 

So, as someone who spent a lot of time in SLC ... which is far more "cosmopolitan" than the rest of Utah (including Provo)... the NYC media is gonna eat this kid alive.

10 hours ago, Nanker said:

That’s an abjectly ridiculous take. Like no BYU Quarterback EVER had any kind of success in the NFL. :der:

Didn't Steve young go to BYU

More on Steve Young's comments:

Jets ‘committed’ to Zach Wilson and the 49ers are jealous: Steve Young

</snip>

“The Jets have committed to Zach and recruited the family,” Young said on KNBR Sports Radio’s “Tolbert, Krueger and Brooks” podcast. “I just don’t know how that gets undone, but you know, look, a lot can happen.”

</snip>

“There’s no question in my mind, if [the 49ers] can figure out how to get Zach, that’s their No. 1 first choice,” Young said. “I just don’t know how they get it done.”

</snip>

Jets QB drama: Sam Darnold would 'embrace' competition from rookie

</snip>

Darnold's trade market appears to be drying up, fueling speculation the Jets could keep him and pair him with a rookie. That could be awkward, but McCown sees the upside in that scenario.

"Can it be done? Absolutely," McCown said. "In my mind, if you can't get the value now for him, that's absolutely how you go about it. I wouldn't even call it a competition. I would just say, 'We're going to go with Sam as the guy and bring Zach along.' If Sam knocks it out of the park, we'll re-evaluate where we are a year from now.

"Sam would embrace it and be helpful, but he'd also go out and work hard and try to make the most of the opportunity to play this year -- and put it back on them and make them have to make a tough decision at the end of the year. I think, if that happens, really and truly, everybody wins."

</snip>