Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

4 hours ago, Dubs said:

Tua is just too small and not athletic enough. If you’re that small you need to have some physical trait that compensates to a degree. He doesn’t. He’s not like Kyler Murray who is probably the most athletic and fastest person in the field. Tua is extremely accurate, but that’s not helping him compensate for his size. 

Tua is accurate with short to medium passes up the middle to WR's with world class speed. When the defense plays zone and gives those WR's a little extra cushion then it's just toss & catch for completions that will move the chains. Occasionally the speed of Waddle and Hill will still fool the DB's and they can break for big plays with a ton of YAC. Up until the last several games the Dolphins played teams with a combined record that was abysmal. Once they started playing teams that could defend the pass and somewhat shut down the middle of the field they struggled.

Tua was viewed by many fans and sports media as a lot better than what he was because of the stats he benefited from that were simply 12 yard passes to his road runners that added an extra 40-50 yards to the play. Tua is good when his first read is open. When he has to go to his 2nd and 3rd reads he seems to struggle. It could be that his mind doesn't really work fast enough or he has less confidence in his arm that can't consistently throw an out without chancing an interception. People will find exceptions to how I've described Tua but they are exceptions because they aren't the norm. Yes, the guy can throw the ball 50 yards down the field and complete the pass but it's usually underthrown and his speedy WR's can come back for it because of the cushion they've been given by the DB's. He also can successfully throw the out but if he tries to make that more than an occasional throw to keep the defense honest he's going to get those routes jumped with a decent probability of a pick-6. 

I'm not a big X's and O's guy as far as terminology but I do feel that I understand the game fairly well as a whole. The recent Pro Bowl vote seems to back up or at least not contradict my opinions posted here. The Pro Bowl vote is divided into 1/3 fans, 1/3 coaches and 1/3 players. I never heard what the specific numbers were but the fan vote supposedly had Tua with a big lead but when the coaches' and player's votes were added into the total he ended up way down the list. This tells me that his peers understand all too well what the real story is on Tua. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • FANtastic 1

21 minutes ago, Ann said:

Why I expect Mitch Morse to retire:

And I'm going to be one that says that perhaps he should. I said before he certainly has to take all these into consideration as he decides his future, hopefully a future with a fulling functioning brain. Bates isn't 100% so I do hope Mitch sticks around for the playoff push but wouldn't blame him a bit if he sits it out either.

Praying for your health big guy, now and the rest of your life

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 12/26/2022 at 12:03 PM, Alaska Darin said:

If Jimmy G could stay healthy he's a 10 win guy with that roster.  That's a big if but it's better than where they are today.

They don't need Jimmy G, they got McCaffrey, Bosa, Kittle and Purdy:classic_love:

• Facepalm 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 12/26/2022 at 3:32 PM, SackMan518 said:

Miami will always have week 3 to dream about!

ttaj4wh5k58a1.jpg

1167743525-tumblr_mbvnjuzNDh1r1ukqvo2_50

Why is he enjoying that Gatorade shower so much?!:classic_love:

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

They don't need Jimmy G, they got McCaffrey, Bosa, Kittle and Purdy:classic_love:

Which character were you in The Village People?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

If Mitch never plays another down, and The Bills win the Superbowl, he still gets a ring. No question. 

And he’d 100% deserve it, but would he value it as much as one he was on the field for? That might motivate him to come back for the rest of this season if he’s cleared to do so. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

More shoddy editing by the writers at NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-cmo-dr-allen-sills-tua-tagovailoa-showed-nothing-that-would-have-triggered-c

That incident occurred four days after Tagovailoa re-entered a Week 3 game against the Dolphins after initially being deemed questionable to return due to a head injury that was later deemed to be a back issue by the Dolphins

I think they meant against the Bills

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Koko said:

Tua Tagovailoa has been failed once again by the NFL’s concussion policy

As much as I want to laugh at the Fish for their sheer incompetence and disregard for their QB's health, I'm starting to worry that this kid won't be able to function when he's 40.

On the second of Tagovailoa’s three fourth-quarter interceptions, Tagovailoa detailed after the game what was an obvious miscommunication by saying, “I might have said the wrong play. I’m not too sure. But there was just some communication errors on that.”

:facepalm:

• Sad 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Koko said:

Tua Tagovailoa has been failed once again by the NFL’s concussion policy

As much as I want to laugh at the Fish for their sheer incompetence and disregard for their QB's health, I'm starting to worry that this kid won't be able to function when he's 40.

“You’re always accountable for it. The bottom line was collectively, guys that we’ve really relied upon all season had a – it’s a fast-paced decision that you get one shot at, 

"Well, that play's over.  We can't go back and look at it now, and maybe tell the Dolphins that they should give him a cognitive test after the drive, or at halftime.  Can only do it immediately after the play in question, or not at all."

03de3ee7-d1ff-4dc0-a7cf-3607f6c1758a_tex

• Haha 3

Statement from Miami Head Coach Barak Obama:

“You’re always accountable for it. The bottom line was collectively, guys that we’ve really relied upon all season had a – it’s a fast-paced decision that you get one shot at, and they collectively didn’t think that there was information enough to overturn it. Now you go and look back at it, I know there’s some assessment by people outside the league that have formerly been in the league. I’m aware of that. I’ll be interested to see what the league has to say. But I think you do it like everything else with regard to head-coaching responsibilities – you don’t just ever blow anything off, regardless of if it works in your favor or not. We’re always talking through, trying to get better at stuff so that the one thing you can control is not have something happen twice that maybe didn’t work out in your favor. So I’m happy with the guys that we work with and I expect that process to continually get better, regardless of what happens in the immediate.”

• Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, devnull said:

More shoddy editing by the writers at NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-cmo-dr-allen-sills-tua-tagovailoa-showed-nothing-that-would-have-triggered-c

That incident occurred four days after Tagovailoa re-entered a Week 3 game against the Dolphins after initially being deemed questionable to return due to a head injury that was later deemed to be a back issue by the Dolphins

I think they meant against the Bills

Sometimes teams beat themselves. That can more readily happen when a team is playing against itself, as seems to have been the case here. 

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Well, that play's over.  We can't go back and look at it now, and maybe tell the Dolphins that they should give him a cognitive test after the drive, or at halftime.  Can only do it immediately after the play in question, or not at all."

03de3ee7-d1ff-4dc0-a7cf-3607f6c1758a_tex

well to defend the Dolphins,

Tua does this shit all the time and they aren't sold on him,

so its hard to tell if he's concussed or just undergoing a naturally occurring meltdown