Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

That thread has been amazing. It took a realistic turn after the loss today.

Big difference between the first pages and the last pages, for sure!

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man.  Two of those drives went for three plays, three yards and two interceptions.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Posted from elsewhere:

You make some very good points. Tua is not a QB who can pretty much do everything a franchise QB should be able to do. He throws a nice ball over the middle on his first read. When he needs to go through a procession of reads it appears that he isn't as committed to those 2nd or 3rd throws. His arm is not strong enough to consistently throw the outs without chancing interceptions. Of course he can get away with those throws if his opponent isn't expecting them on a consistent basis but the book on him has evolved to the point that defenses are able to focus on less than the full field. It seems to me that Miami management recognized Tua's deficiencies and went out and got Hill to team up with Waddle. There's no doubt that they are both elite wide receivers but their value is diminished somewhat because Tua can't exploit the whole field. Tua has great statistics and the Miami fanbase had been giving him credit for the work of his receivers when his stats included 60 yard passes that were 12 yards in the air with 48 YAC. Those two WR's can be frightening but good defenses like the Dolphins have been seeing lately while not shutting them down, can absorb their good statistics. Anyway, Tua has talent but it is limited enough that defenses can exploit the areas in which he has issues. Miami has attempted to cover for Tua and while they may have added to their team's effectiveness somewhat they still have a QB who is not complete and one who allows good defenses to limit their scoring ability.

It seems like every game I watch on TV the announcers point out some OC or DC who will be in great demand for a head coaching vacancy in the following year. While leadership qualities are a good thing for coordinators to have, their game planning and play calling is what makes the announcers fall in love with them. Most NFL management teams understand though that leadership is the most important quality for a head coach to possess. Also important are such features as attention to detail, game management, etc. My point is about Miami's head coach. He's considered a player's coach but by all reports he gets that label because he acts like a buddy to the players on his team. Being a player's coach is fine but that doesn't preclude a coach from the necessity of making the hard decisions that include honest and straightforward communication with his players and coaches. The fiasco over Tua's "back injury" or "ankle injury" that had all the markings of a concussion and then the decision was made to allow him to reenter the game with the Bills and then start the next game was a breach of faith with not only Tua but every one of his present and future players. Some people claim that the decision regarding Tua's playing status was not the coach's but the doctors. Simply put, the head coach should have seen what everyone else watching that game saw and benched Tua. It's the kind of decision that a "player's coach" makes. Miami's management has been reported to have committed numerous instances of actions contrary to NFL rules and common decency. Their reputation is such that even if the allegations are somehow baseless they seem credible due to the general perception of the team as a whole. 

Also, from where I sit it appears that Miami has mortgaged their future and taken shortcuts to possibly put them in championship contention. While I guess that outcome is technically feasible their present record and recent actions seem more likely to insure that they remain a middle of the pack team for years to come. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

15 hours ago, snafu said:

Big difference between the first pages and the last pages, for sure!

says you. 
😉  😝  

Tua is slightly better that I thought he would be. Speed Kills and he tosses the ball up and the WR adjusts to the pass or breaks a tackle and is off to the races.  🧢 off to them. 

What happened to “he wins games he starts and finishes”?

accrediting him with a mulligan in Cincinnati. 😜 

Back to back to back INTS 👏 

35 minutes ago, Shady said:

Tua is slightly better that I thought he would be. Speed Kills and he tosses the ball up and the WR adjusts to the pass or breaks a tackle and is off to the races.  🧢 off to them. 

Tua is better than I thought he'd be. It certainly helps to have Hill and Waddle as his receivers. As you say, speed kills, and Miami has it in spades. 

He also seems like a really nice guy. Reminds me of how I wanted EJ to be the man because he was so nice. I think Dolphin fans have fallen into that trap. 

• Like 2

Suppose does not matter since bills won the afc east. Interesting the fish go to New England then host the jets. Does not matter record of teams divisional games are tough and don’t like each other. Based on GB game hard to say where they will wind up. My guess is 9-8. 

Agree having hill and waddle certainly help. Wonder what jets thinking. They passed on waddle for Zach benchme Wilson :hysterical:

Tua may need like a Dabol to refine skills. My opinon maybe a serviceable quarterback but never will be in the same class as Allen,  mahomes, hurt, burrow, Herbert, etc…

Despite not making pro bow he lead fans voting for pro bowl. Fans must had been drinking to much egg nog here. Mind boggling. Miami is collapsing.

Edited by Rochesterny

35 minutes ago, Ann said:

Tua is better than I thought he'd be. It certainly helps to have Hill and Waddle as his receivers. As you say, speed kills, and Miami has it in spades. 

He also seems like a really nice guy. Reminds me of how I wanted EJ to be the man because he was so nice. I think Dolphin fans have fallen into that trap. 

He’s more productive than I expected him to be this year, but I don’t know that I would say better. Miami’s entire offense is throwing rainbow balls in the general direction of the fastest receiver duo in the league and letting them adjust to it and catch it before the defense can. Hill and Waddle are what allows that offense to work, not Tua. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

He’s more productive than I expected him to be this year, but I don’t know that I would say better. Miami’s entire offense is throwing rainbow balls in the general direction of the fastest receiver duo in the league and letting them adjust to it and catch it before the defense can. Hill and Waddle are what allows that offense to work, not Tua. 

And again, for at least the second week in a row he had a chance to close the game and could not. I will grant a bit of that is Pajama Boy calling for passing plays on 3rd/4th and shorts when Mostert was dealing, but in the end, some quarterbacks can wear the cape to carry a team at the end.

Tua can't wear the cape.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And again, for at least the second week in a row he had a chance to close the game and could not. I will grant a bit of that is Pajama Boy calling for passing plays on 3rd/4th and shorts when Mostert was dealing, but in the end, some quarterbacks can wear the cape to carry a team at the end.

Tua can't wear the cape.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

In case it wasn't clear, that is what I meant. I fully agree. 

• Cheers 2