Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's not okay...but I'm perfectly comfortable embracing that opinion while simultaneously mocking McDaniel for being a little millennial crybaby.

I mean, mocking McDaniel is practically a sport of its own.  I'm with ya.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I mean, mocking McDaniel is practically a sport of its own.  I'm with ya.

Plus...if McDaniel really wants to talk about player safety on the sidelines, let's start with guys getting heatstroke visiting Miami.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Plus...if McDaniel really wants to talk about player safety on the sidelines, let's start with guys getting heatstroke visiting Miami.  

I won't belabor my point further because I've been clear about it but if I was at his press conference, that's THE question I'd have asked.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Are we really pretending that fans throwing snowballs is ok?  McDaniel had every right to complain and frankly it's extremely disappointing that stuff like that happens.  These are people's spouses, parents, children.  Just because we want to beat them on the field doesn't mean they should be subject to having something terrible happen to them just for wearing the wrong jersey.

People need to grow the &#%$ up in public.

Did I say it was OK?

NOPE did not. 
McDaniel said he wanted it COLDER. 

WTF did he expect from 10,000 drunken fans? 

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Are we really pretending that fans throwing snowballs is ok?  McDaniel had every right to complain and frankly it's extremely disappointing that stuff like that happens.  These are people's spouses, parents, children.  Just because we want to beat them on the field doesn't mean they should be subject to having something terrible happen to them just for wearing the wrong jersey.

Snowball idiots aside

So I was wondering about McDaniels

was he upset that the Bills were suffering dehydration while they sat 20 degrees cooler and in the shade in Miami?

• Like 2

Billsandhorns
2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Snowball idiots aside

was he upset that the Bills were suffering dehydration while they sat 20 degrees cooler and in the shade in Miami?

He put his starting QB back in the game with an "ankle" er "back"injury and then had him start 4 days later 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Shady said:

Snowball idiots aside

I said it somewhere else already but it's a question any REAL journalist would have asked him when he was giving his answer about snowballs.  I don't blame him for being angry/concerned about his player's safety even if it's enormously hypocritical given what happened with Tua and the "Home Field Advantage" they currently enjoy.

The problem, like with most other things, is accountability and the fact that the policing entity (in this case the NFL) is basically a buncha scummy "yes" men.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I said it somewhere else already but it's a question any REAL journalist would have asked him when he was giving his answer about snowballs.  I don't blame him for being angry/concerned about his player's safety even if it's enormously hypocritical given what happened with Tua and the "Home Field Advantage" they currently enjoy.

The problem, like with most other things, is accountability and the fact that the policing entity (in this case the NFL) is basically a buncha scummy "yes" men.

"Can we talk about player safety on the sidelines?  We recognize home field advantage is a thing, but we need to recognize that it occasionally crosses the line into dangerous conditions for the players." is a statement that needs to be made at an NFL Owners Meeting...but never will be.

Homefield advantage should rightly be limited to conditions such as weather that are the same for both teams. Of course the home team in areas of the country that have extreme weather conditions is going to have experience dealing with those conditions and have the opportunity to not only practice under similar conditions but be able to determine such things as shoe type and spike length along with the need and type of gloves. Crowd noise, which is (mainly) determined by fan enthusiasm is something that really is all about the strength and success of the franchise. Domes tend to be noisier than open air stadiums but those domes are most likely in areas that have inclement weather and the resulting noise is a poor replacement for weather related advantages. By chance or design there are a few stadiums that seem to be much louder than just the noise produced by the fans. Seattle and Kansas City come to mind. Weather and noise conditions are generally organic and part of what makes sports somewhat unique and outside of a trend that at one time was moving towards cookie cutter facilities. Who would want to take down  the Left Field fence in Fenway or block the view from the buildings behind right field in Wrigley?

With the above bullshit aside, facilities that are designed to produce a home field advantage and especially those that put opposing players in jeopardy regarding their health or injuries are not only an affront to all sense of fairness and morality but most likely border on criminality. The stadium in Miami was built to keep the home team in the shade and the visiting team's sideline was engineered to raise the temperature a good 30 degrees over ambient and place young, healthy and fit participants of the game in jeopardy of losing their lives. Hard Rock Stadium has had more names than a criminal on the run. Taking that into account, it's very possible that the dumbasses in South Florida actually think that they can avoid investigation and/or prosecution for their wanton disregard for human life. Clearly, what with all the people that must have been involved with the design, construction, coordination, financing, etc. of that place the RICO Statute may very well be an avenue to pursue that is appropriate for dealing with the criminal enterprise originally called Joe Robie Stadium. 

Donations to support litigation of this matter will be accepted at:

GoFundMe@Crockett&Tubbs

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Their safety #8 went out with a neck injury last night and came back into the game wearing a neck brace.  Add that to the Tua stuff and Dahmer McDaniel can spare me with the snowball stuff.

• Applause 2

10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Piles of snow and way to much alcohol with pent up vengeance. What did they expect? Absolutely wrong and I wouldn't have been doing it. I also don't drink and messed my ribs up a few days ago and couldn't get a snowball to fly 3 rows 

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Can we talk about player safety on the sidelines?  We recognize home field advantage is a thing, but we need to recognize that it occasionally crosses the line into dangerous conditions for the players." is a statement that needs to be made at an NFL Owners Meeting...but never will be.

You're right, it need to be brought up at an owners meeting, and quite frankly it should be the Pegulas that do it. The Bills have had 2 ballgames moved in recent years due to concern for fan and player safety. What makes those safety concerns any different from heat or cold and it could be argued that under these circumstances, the heat is much worse. 

In the cold, fans can dress appropriately (heck, I love my heated jacket!) and players have heaters and warm weather gear on the sidelines. But they don't make special cooling gear you can put on to help, so it becomes dangerous for the fans too.

If games can be moved because of cold and snow, they can certainly be moved for heat and sun too, and obviously should. Whether to a later kickoff time in the cooler evening, or to another more SAFE location for players and fans alike

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

You're right, it need to be brought up at an owners meeting, and quite frankly it should be the Pegulas that do it. The Bills have had 2 ballgames moved in recent years due to concern for fan and player safety. What makes those safety concerns any different from heat or cold and it could be argued that under these circumstances, the heat is much worse. 

In the cold, fans can dress appropriately (heck, I love my heated jacket!) and players have heaters and warm weather gear on the sidelines. But they don't make special cooling gear you can put on to help, so it becomes dangerous for the fans too.

If games can be moved because of cold and snow, they can certainly be moved for heat and sun too, and obviously should. Whether to a later kickoff time in the cooler evening, or to another more SAFE location for players and fans alike

It is possible that a player could die at a game in Miami in September.  They’ll wait until that happens before they change diddley.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Shady said:

And he’s lost 3 straight games. 

Tua is not a top level QB in the NFL. With the speed he has at WR he throws a ton of short passes over the middle that end up being counted as long passes. Miami management knew they had to compensate for his shortcomings and made that deal for Hill to go with Waddle.  Obviously opposing teams have caught up to the Dolphins. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tua is not a top level QB in the NFL. With the speed he has at WR he throws a ton of short passes over the middle that end up being counted as long passes. Miami management knew they had to compensate for his shortcomings and made that deal for Hill to go with Waddle.  Obviously opposing teams have caught up to the Dolphins. 

😝 Tua is who I thought he was.  
Good but not great.  

they HAD found a system that slowed him down.  

In the now — 

after 3 straight losses - the MVP talk should die and I can laugh about the Pro Bowl votes wasted on someone deserving.  

14 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

He put his starting QB back in the game with an "ankle" er "back"injury and then had him start 4 days later 

He comes off as clueless or Autistic 

one I can mock 

Edited by Shady