Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

When the Fish get a QB, that team will be dangerous.  But, having 2 burners plus Gesecki don't really flip the game when the Fishies version of Chad Pennington is trying to get them the ball.

Hoping the Fish never give up on Tua.  He's the thing keeping this rivalry from getting back to Kelly Marino quality.

I'm glad they tanked for Tua instead of taking Herbert or Hurts who would have made them ballers. Miami whiffs on a QB again!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Taro T said:

When the Fish get a QB, that team will be dangerous.  But, having 2 burners plus Gesecki don't really flip the game when the Fishies version of Chad Pennington is trying to get them the ball.

Hoping the Fish never give up on Tua.  He's the thing keeping this rivalry from getting back to Kelly Marino quality.

We must be looking at a different Tua. He makes some bad throws, but the dude has been having more success on the deep balls lately (albeit, a bit underthrown, but still successful) and he has markedly improved his game this year. When he starts to shit the bed again, I'll rag on him, but he's been playing some good ball lately and bagging on him feels canned to me right now.

Part of what made him look good this past week was the Lions D, who simply let him hit pass after pass over the middle to keep moving the chains, but he simply looks better this year with all the weapons.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

We must be looking at a different Tua. He makes some bad throws, but the dude has been having more success on the deep balls lately (albeit, a bit underthrown, but still successful) and he has markedly improved his game this year. When he starts to shit the bed again, I'll rag on him, but he's been playing some good ball lately and bagging on him feels canned to me right now.

Part of what made him look good this past week was the Lions D, who simply let him hit pass after pass over the middle to keep moving the chains, but he simply looks better this year with all the weapons.

If he could hit Hill & Waddle in stride, it would be a really scary offense.  He can't; not 15 yards or more downfield at least.  They have a late 80's 4 cylinder Mustang.  It drives, but it can't fly like it should by the pedigree (and it looks ugly as #### too) because the engine is powered by amped up squirrels.  Helllllloooooo Tua.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If he could hit Hill & Waddle in stride, it would be a really scary offense.  He can't; not 15 yards or more downfield at least.  They have a late 80's 4 cylinder Mustang.  It drives, but it can't fly like it should by the pedigree (and it looks ugly as #### too) because the engine is powered by amped up squirrels.  Helllllloooooo Tua.

I can't believe I'm defending Tua.

His deep ball is painful to watch, undoubtedly, but watch these highlights from the Lions game. The dude was making some pretty good damn throws.

https://www.nfl.com/games/dolphins-at-lions-2022-reg-8?active-tab=highlights

• I don't know 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

His deep ball is painful to watch, undoubtedly, but watch these highlights from the Lions game. The dude was making some pretty good damn throws.

I've said it before: I've got nothing against Tua, I think he's pretty good.

But I will continue to mock him, because it's just so much damn fun.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, IDBillzFan said:

Against the Lions.  Literally the lowest ranked defense in the NFL in virtually every category.  That being said, there aren't really many good defenses in the NFL...so who really knows anymore?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Against the Lions.  Literally the lowest ranked defense in the NFL in virtually every category.  That being said, there aren't really many good defenses in the NFL...so who really knows anymore?

Yeah, I mentioned earlier the Lions were giving him the middle of the field repeatedly. If anything, he had a couple of deep balls that hung up and his receivers were able to bring down. His arm strength is questionable at best. But he's getting the ball out faster and more accurately (relatively speaking) with the highest QB rating at this point, and it just strikes me that I'm being lazy busting his balls.

Then again, I'm also learning to dislike Tua, the person. Never would my quarterback ever...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

So, does this mean Tua is a franchise QB? :hehe:

Talk about a WR adjusted stat.  Tua has, what, 4 connections over 20 yards downfield & all of those were underthrown.  Take YAC out of the equation and he's Chad Friggin' Pennington AFTER the arm injuries.

Hope they really do believe he's all that.  Because that offense becomes scary if they have a QB with an arm.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ann said:

It was a different line when he went out today.

If Cincy & the Whiners cooperate and the Bills take care of business in Cheaterville, they can have the #1 seed again 7 days from now.

Armstead being out makes that all the more likely.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Eventually Tua Turndaballover is going to have to come down to Earth. May he be peaking too soon in the season? Inquiring minds want to know.

67415704.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 12:39 AM, Taro T said:

Trick question, right?

The correct answer is the same as they have today, which is 0.  Right?

and sadly we are behind them in the standings. 

Astounding. 

11 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Eventually Tua Turndaballover is going to have to come down to Earth. May he be peaking too soon in the season? Inquiring minds want to know.

67415704.jpg

If his LT is out, it will be interesting. The Miami line appears to be very good. And, as we saw with Brady, dink and dunk can win you a LOT of games if the QB can get the ball out fast and has great receivers. Tua has excellent receivers, and is getting it out very fast. Right now, I'd say he's a top 10 QB.  

• Sad 2