Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

47 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Honestly it's probably better than using them since they're terrible at drafting.  It's going to be interesting to see how they manage their cap going forward because those guys have to be their core.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Honestly it's probably better than using them since they're terrible at drafting.  It's going to be interesting to see how they manage their cap going forward because those guys have to be their core.

I saw a Tweet a bit ago that said they were 23rd in the league in cap space for next year. Which means they are going to have to be creative because in all likelihood, that isn't much.

• Like 1

I don't like that the Dolphins are acquiring these premium players but I'm wondering how far they think they're going to go with no QB.

"We got none of our own draft picks left.  We're free to tamper all we want.  Whatcha gonna do now, NFL!"

- Stephen Ross (probably)

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Ann said:

How many QBs did Miami have?

Trick question, right?

The correct answer is the same as they have today, which is 0.  Right?

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

I'll be honest. After watching him play for us during the '17 and '18 seasons, I thought what the &#%$ are we doing? I had misgivings about the new regime and thought we would be on to the next in a couple years. Happy to say I was wrong. Still don't understand what the hell the Benjamin thing was all about but, that's okay. He was the offensive equivalent of Vontae Davis, but he figured he could collect that paycheck each week just by walking in the door.

From a results standpoint, I agree with the comparison between Kelvin Benjamin and Vontae Davis. But from a character standpoint I see a big difference.

Vontae Davis held himself up to a standard. When he became too old to meet that standard anymore, he retired at halftime. Cost himself a lot of money in the process, because the Bills would have had to pay him the rest of that season's salary, had they released him. Because he retired, they didn't have to pay him that salary.

Kelvin Benjamin, on the other hand, did the following. Show up, collect the paycheck. Put in just enough effort that they can't technically accuse you of quitting.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

From a results standpoint, I agree with the comparison between Kelvin Benjamin and Vontae Davis. But from a character standpoint I see a big difference.

Vontae Davis held himself up to a standard. When he became too old to meet that standard anymore, he retired at halftime. Cost himself a lot of money in the process, because the Bills would have had to pay him the rest of that season's salary, had they released him. Because he retired, they didn't have to pay him that salary.

Kelvin Benjamin, on the other hand, did the following. Show up, collect the paycheck. Put in just enough effort that they can't technically accuse you of quitting.

Right. I believe I said as much in my subsequent posting on the matter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'd like to see the breakdown. According to Spotrac, they only had $12.5 mm in cap space next year.

had to use the same formula as in the Deshaun Watson contract

must be about to be suspended

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Waddle is going to be a problem 

When the Fish get a QB, that team will be dangerous.  But, having 2 burners plus Gesecki don't really flip the game when the Fishies version of Chad Pennington is trying to get them the ball.

Hoping the Fish never give up on Tua.  He's the thing keeping this rivalry from getting back to Kelly Marino quality.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1