Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

Sources: Tua Tagovailoa expected back as Dolphins' starter in 2023

Tua Tagovailoa is expected to return as the Miami Dolphins' starting quarterback for the 2023 season, league sources told ESPN.

Should the seventh-seeded Dolphins upset the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, Tagovailoa could potentially be cleared from the concussion protocol and work his way back to the field this postseason.

But regardless of what happens in Sunday's wild-card game in Buffalo or throughout Miami's postseason, the Dolphins have been pleased with Tagovailoa's development this season under first-year coach Mike McDaniel, according to sources.

Medical professionals also are confident that Tagovailoa should be able to resume his NFL career next season, if not sooner, sources said.

</snip>

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, devnull said:

So, anyone keeping an eye on finsheaven?

Kinda curious what asshattery has transpired over the last 24 hours

I just popped over there and nothing has changed from my last assessment; it's ATOP with colors only a drag queen could love.

Sample reactions:

• That ugly bitch whore ref screwed the team over. Women should not be refs, and are better off just making us sandwiches and shutting up.
  • Tua + Mostert = Crushing Fish Victory over the most overrated QB and HC in the NFL.
  • McDaniels is an embarrassment and the organization needs to be gutted.
  • A glorious day taking a Super Bowl contender to the mat.
  • WTF is with bullshit pussy-ass basement-dwelling trailer park Bills fans posting here saying "Good game, you guys played really well, not sure why you didn't get the measurement at the end, your team is really on the rise!"
  • Josh Allen is mentally fragile and completely collapsed against a third string QB when the pressure was on.
  • McDaniels is a fool!
  • McDaniels is a genius!
  • Bills are going to get killed by Chiefs next weekend.

• clown 2
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Tua 

That kind of public stance, before the off season even begins, is usually the kiss of death. They may as well put Tua in a redshirt and sign him up for an Away Team mission on the Enterprise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That kind of public stance, before the off season even begins, is usually the kiss of death. They may as well put Tua in a redshirt and sign him up for an Away Team mission on the Enterprise. 

He couldn't survive the transporter without a concussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is really good news for the Bills.

There is no question that Tua with his receiving group is a problem. And that defense this weekend proved they're no joke.

But as much as I hate the idea that someone is 'injury prone,' my understanding is that he had a hard time staying on the field in college. And he can't stay healthy in the NFL.  You can insist that his health comes first with three concussions, and I would agree with that argument. I don't hate Tua. I just hate the Fish. So you want to put a fragile QB in the game next year?

Frankly, his health notwithstanding, what choice do they have? They moved one 1st round pick for Chubb  and lost the other because they got caught giving Sean Payton and Marsha* a reach around. They don't many chips for the table next year, so it's Tua or whatever they can get for him. And no one wants a dude that has that many concussions in that short of time. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is really good news for the Bills.

There is no question that Tua with his receiving group is a problem. And that defense this weekend proved they're no joke.

But as much as I hate the idea that someone is 'injury prone,' my understanding is that he had a hard time staying on the field in college. And he can't stay healthy in the NFL.  You can insist that his health comes first with three concussions, and I would agree with that argument. I don't hate Tua. I just hate the Fish. So you want to put a fragile QB in the game next year?

Frankly, his health notwithstanding, what choice do they have? They moved one 1st round pick for Chubb  and lost the other because they got caught giving Sean Payton and Marsha* a reach around. They don't many chips for the table next year, so it's Tua or whatever they can get for him. And no one wants a dude that has that many concussions in that short of time. 

I think they are also 9mm over the projected cap next year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Apparently the Dolphins don't care about their players long term health, or being held accountable for any players career ending injuries. Tua is one good hit away from being ruined for life, if he isn't already. That's sad. He should take the money and run. I know he has a true love for football, but, I mean, you're set for life dude. Why risk it??? The Dolphins do not care about his health. They think they'll be a team to beat with him playing. Unfortunately, they aren't going anywhere with him anyways. I don't know who is run worse, the Phins or the Jets. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

image.thumb.jpeg.10cbe991f1e99f72a1d643a8509c3637.jpeg

Gee, that looks a little early to me. Why did that play and pick not get more attention on game day? 

The interception on the throw to Beasley I presume.

Some here mentioned the early hit. The NFL announcers not so much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Gee, that looks a little early to me. Why did that play and pick not get more attention on game day? 

I watched the replay of the game last night.

That's where the guys in the booth asked Steratore about whether he thought it was a penalty and he mumbled something incoherent and said "uh, it was a bang-bang play".  And then Romo said that Beasley should have moved toward the ball.  That was blatant pass interference which led to a turnover and points for the Fish.  Beasley didn't have to do anything other than NOT be interfered with.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Those bang-bang plays have been let go far more often than they've been called during the playoffs. Our DBs have gotten away with several like that too. We need to stay aggressive against the Bengals WRs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

The interception on the throw to Beasley I presume.

Some here mentioned the early hit. The NFL announcers not so much.

The announcers talked about the defensive holding back when Beasley was making his break but Steratore said something about because the ball was being released that can't get called.  (Which is technically accurate, as it's defensive PI at that point.)

They also completely ignored the early hit as he was going for the catch.

Thing is, except for the one call on White, the refs were letting that go both ways, so while yes, it was a bad call, at least it was consistent (except for the 1 already mentioned which was more annoying IMHO).

• Cheers 2