Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the officiating in the NFL?

mead107

8 hours ago, Ann said:

This is a potential major controversy and the NFL will take proactive steps to prevent situations like this in the future.  From here on out, cell phones will no longer be allowed in the tunnels leading to the field.

Problem solved. /NFL Commissioner's Office

• Applause 2

You Dirty Rat

When you flagrantly trip a big star Quarterback on National TV with no call, something is horribly wrong.

The whole country is miffed...

1 hour ago, Norm said:

When you flagrantly trip a big star Quarterback on National TV with no call, something is horribly wrong.

The whole country is miffed...

Imagine the fervor if Allen had gotten hurt on that play...

• Like 1

close games and bunched up teams -

probably not an accident

now you know what memo the refs got from the league

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/31/nfl-enjoys-record-number-of-close-games/

Per the NFL, the league has had a record number of games decided by six points or less (55) or eight points or less (71) through the first eight weeks of any season.

In Week Eight, 10 of the 14 games played were one-score contests at some point in the fourth quarter. So far, 94 games have fit the description, another record.

With one game to go in Week Eight, those records could each be pushed one game higher.

Although a few teams are gathering at the extremes of good and bad, most of the league is bunched together. And from that cluster of teams that make up the vast majority of the pack, one or two serious threats to win it all can emerge

I think, like the players, they are ever evolving. But, like PEDs and the players, in the officiating ranks corruption does exist. In cases of corruption it is hard to ferret out the filth.

I did like the ejection of number 7, though. No way you can shove two coaches like that. 

Edited by Paulus

46 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I think, like the players, they are ever evolving. But, like PEDs and the players, in the officiating ranks corruption does exist. In cases of corruption it is hard to ferret out the filth.

I did like the ejection of number 7, though. No way you can shove two coaches like that. 

Was surprised it took a call from NY to give him the boot.

Hadn't seen that before.  Maybe they changed the protocol this season?

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
34 minutes ago, Taro T said:

NY appeared to be more involved in the game last night. There was at least one other call that appeared they got in the Ref's ear. 

34 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I hope the Bills win the Superbowl now. My teams season is over. 

You know what kind of sucks? Rodgers and Adams made a great pair. I'm still not sure why GB chose to let him go. But it's particularly unfortunate that both of them are on shitty teams this year. Adams had one catch yesterday for 3 yards and his team put up a goose egg vs. NO.

I'd almost pay a few bucks to read their text thread today.

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You know what kind of sucks? Rodgers and Adams made a great pair. I'm still not sure why GB chose to let him go. But it's particularly unfortunate that both of them are on shitty teams this year. Adams had one catch yesterday for 3 yards and his team put up a goose egg vs. NO.

They didn't choose.  He requested the trade.  They were willing to pay him more than he got in Vegas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

I'm not.   The officials have a tough time seeing everything that goes on when players go to the sideline.   Being at field level makes it much harder when there are so many factors and you're trying to get ready for the next play as well. 

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This season is painful.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

This season is painful.

You're among a very empathetic group at this site. I can only remind you what I've reminded myself for years; you simply are unable to appreciate joyful seasons if you remove the painful ones. The trick is to be there for the painful ones, and not just show up for the joyful ones.

You know. Like Pats* fans.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You're among a very empathetic group at this site. I can only remind you what I've reminded myself for years; you simply are unable to appreciate joyful seasons if you remove the painful ones. The trick is to be there for the painful ones, and not just show up for the joyful ones.

You know. Like Pats* fans.

I hate to sound like a wuss but man this stings. Thanks for not kicking us while were down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I hate to sound like a wuss but man this stings. Thanks for not kicking us while were down.

Unlike ATOP, pretty much everyone on this board shows mutual respect to opposing team fans until the fan turns into a douchenozzle, at which point it quickly becomes death by bunga bunga.

There's really good football talk here. Don't be a stranger.

• Haha 1
  • FANtastic 2

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Unlike ATOP, pretty much everyone on this board shows mutual respect to opposing team fans until the fan turns into a douchenozzle, at which point it quickly becomes death by bunga bunga.

There's really good football talk here. Don't be a stranger.

I like the Bills. You guys I believe lead the season series by a good margin against us.

16 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Dude, we've lived there most of our adult lives.  Empathy is real AF for BILLS' fans, except for the NE "fanbase".  They can all eat a bag of billdos.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 3