Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

14 hours ago, Cinga said:

Saturday I lost the most famous person in my life. She was my Wife, My Life, My Love, and My Best Friend. 

Gonna take a little time to settle the turmoil in my heart and then I'll be back to posting.

I am very sorry for your loss.

I will pray for you and her family.

• Love 2

16 hours ago, Cinga said:

Saturday I lost the most famous person in my life. She was my Wife, My Life, My Love, and My Best Friend. 

Gonna take a little time to settle the turmoil in my heart and then I'll be back to posting.

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: May she rest in peace.

• Love 2

Charlie Robinson dead, Mac on 'Night Court' star was 75

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2021/07/13/charlie-robinson-mac-night-court-dies-75/7947917002/

2 hours ago — Charlie Robinson, a veteran actor best known for playing court clerk Mac Robinson on the NBC sitcom "Night Court" and makeup artist Newdell on NBC's "Buffalo Bill," died Sunday at age 75.

• Like 1

RIP: 

Jackie Mason Dies: Rabbi Who Later Rose To Fame As A Comedian, Actor & Author Was 93.

As a comedian, Mason released albums including I Am the Greatest Comedian in the World, Only Nobody Knows It Yet! and I Want to Leave You With the Words of a Great Comedian. Mason was also well known for writing and performing in plays and one-man shows including The World According to Me, which earned him a Special Tony Award, an Outer Critics Circle Award, an ACE Award, an Emmy and a Grammy nomination.

Mason appeared in TV series including The Simpsons, featuring on the film side in titles such as The Stoolie (1972), Steve Martin’s The Jerk (1979) and Mel Brooks’ History of the World, Part I.

He and Myron Cohen were perfectly cast as the voices of the robot tailors in Woody Allen’s Sleeper:

Capt. Dale "Snort" Snodgrass. LEGENDARY Naval Aviator. The REAL "Maverick", probably one of the best "stick and rudder" men to ever fly for the US Military. 

I know there are some people here (sherpa and DCTom) that might have interacted with Snort at some point. 

https://theaviationist.com/2021/07/25/dale-snort-snodgrass/

Edited by RkFast
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RkFast said:

Capt. Dale "Snort" Snodgrass. LEGENDARY Naval Aviator. The REAL "Maverick", probably one of the best "stick and rudder" men to ever fly for the US Military. 

I know there are some people here (sherpa and DCTom) that might have interacted with Snort at some point. 

https://theaviationist.com/2021/07/25/dale-snort-snodgrass/

He was here on Fort Drum with his F-14 in 99 and with his P-40 for the airshow that had to stop after 9/11. Didnt have to but we gave those rights up too. Sad!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

He was here on Fort Drum with his F-14 in 99 and with his P-40 for the airshow that had to stop after 9/11. Didnt have to but we gave those rights up too. Sad!

Hes known best for being the master of the F-14. I didnt know until I saw a recent documentary (Tomcat Tales) that he was primarily responsible for turning the Tomcat into a strike fighter, a role it did very well. The F-14 was supposed to get AAMRAM and Snort shot that down when the Pentagon discussed with him because the Tomcat already had three different missle choices and even HE knew they would rarely be needed anymore. So instead, he influenced the Pentagon to take that budget, get the strike weapons platform (LANTIRN) into the Tomcat and have it start dropping bombs. 

I saw him fly an F-86 and P-51 a few times in Heritage flights and with the diamond team he recently had but that was it. He really wasn't well known outside of the military, air show and Tomcat nuts like me...like a Yeager was. But for my money, he's probably one of the most influential members of the US Military over the last 50 years. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RkFast said:

Hes known best for being the master of the F-14. I didnt know until I saw a recent documentary (Tomcat Tales) that he was primarily responsible for turning the Tomcat into a strike fighter, a role it did very well. The F-14 was supposed to get AAMRAM and Snort shot that down when the Pentagon discussed with him because the Tomcat already had three different missle choices and even HE knew they would rarely be needed anymore. So instead, he influenced the Pentagon to take that budget, get the strike weapons platform (LANTIRN) into the Tomcat and have it start dropping bombs. 

I saw him fly an F-86 and P-51 a few times in Heritage flights and with the diamond team he recently had but that was it. He really wasn't well known outside of the military, air show and Tomcat nuts like me...like a Yeager was. But for my money, he's probably one of the most influential members of the US Military over the last 50 years. 

F-14 is near and dear to me. My dad worked at Grumman on Long Island on the F-14 project. He was so angry when he heard we were selling them to Iran. That said he also said much of that plane lent its strength to Duct tape. LOL

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

RIP Markie Post

https://news.yahoo.com/markie-post-dies-actress-known-055101778.html

Markie Post, the actress known for turns in Night Court, The Fall Guy, Hearts Afire and more, died on Saturday, following a three year, ten month battle with c...

.Can't believe she was 70.  Time stopped for me in the last decade. 

Edited by GG1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, GG1 said:

RIP Markie Post

https://news.yahoo.com/markie-post-dies-actress-known-055101778.html

Markie Post, the actress known for turns in Night Court, The Fall Guy, Hearts Afire and more, died on Saturday, following a three year, ten month battle with c...

.Can't believe she was 70.  Time stopped for me in the last decade. 

My dad used to say....oh look Barbara, look who died to my mom and say a name from a show in the 50s. Im coming into my "Hey Barbara" moments in life. WOW

CarpetCrawler

Jane Withers, child actor turned commercial star, dies at 95

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/jane-withers-child-actor-turned-commercial-star-dies-at-95/ar-AAN5gau?li=BBnbcA1

Jane Withers, the former child actor who bedeviled Shirley Temple on the screen and went on to star in a series of B movies that made her a box-office champion, has died, her daughter said. She was 95.

Withers, also known as “Josephine the Plumber” from TV commercials in the 1960s and ’70s, died Saturday, her daughter Kendall Errair said. Withers was one of the last remaining stars from the 1930s and 1940s, the height of Hollywood studio dominance.

hqdefault.jpg

• Sad 1