Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

CarpetCrawler
16 hours ago, GG1 said:

He played a very nice imitation of the Chin Gigante as he swindled investors.

Did he show up for court in a bathrobe too?

Before ATOP was a swamp, it used to be filled with a small group of really good people, and one of those people was Cindy Fox.

She used to have store at the mall, if I recall correctly, and I mostly remember her because she seemed to have pretty good relationships with a lot of the players from the 90s. She actually got Jim Kelly to sign a jersey for me, which hangs proudly in my Bills Cave.

Apparently she lost a battle after 6-weeks in the hospital, and her sister and family basically have no money to pay the Bills, so Rosen set up a GoFundMe for her.

I think of handful of you dudes knew her. She was funny and selfless and a helluva Bills fan.

Go Fund Me is here.

• Sad 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Before ATOP was a swamp, it used to be filled with a small group of really good people, and one of those people was Cindy Fox.

She used to have store at the mall, if I recall correctly, and I mostly remember her because she seemed to have pretty good relationships with a lot of the players from the 90s. She actually got Jim Kelly to sign a jersey for me, which hangs proudly in my Bills Cave.

Apparently she lost a battle after 6-weeks in the hospital, and her sister and family basically have no money to pay the Bills, so Rosen set up a GoFundMe for her.

I think of handful of you dudes knew her. She was funny and selfless and a helluva Bills fan.

Go Fund Me is here.

She and I shared a birthday.  

I met her at the first Hunter's Hope Ball.  She says to me "Come on, let me introduce you around."  She walks up behind a guy, throws her arms around him, and says "Hi, Jim!"  The guy turns around, with a mildly irritated look on his face, but when he sees who she is he lights up and hugs her back with genuine delight.  She introduces me to him, and while I don't think I embarrassed myself, I have no idea, because all I can think is "Holy shit, holy shit, you just surprise-hugged Hall-of-Famer James Lofton!"  

She was good people, and the real deal...I'll miss her, even as I hold out hope she's just lost under the couch...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

She and I shared a birthday.  

I met her at the first Hunter's Hope Ball.  She says to me "Come on, let me introduce you around."  She walks up behind a guy, throws her arms around him, and says "Hi, Jim!"  The guy turns around, with a mildly irritated look on his face, but when he sees who she is he lights up and hugs her back with genuine delight.  She introduces me to him, and while I don't think I embarrassed myself, I have no idea, because all I can think is "Holy shit, holy shit, you just surprise-hugged Hall-of-Famer James Lofton!"  

She was good people, and the real deal...I'll miss her, even as I hold out hope she's just lost under the couch...

She was a great lady. 

Crap Throwing Clavin

My cousin woke up yesterday morning, and found her husband had died in his sleep right next to her.  (I have 42 cousins, more than I can even name.  She's one of my cousins I was close to.) 

Left behind her and seven kids.  He was a pastor at a church in Brooklyn, so they're not exactly well-off.  If anyone would like to help defray funeral costs...https://www.gofundme.com/f/funds-to-benefit-jason-walkers-family?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer-andr

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

My cousin woke up yesterday morning, and found her husband had died in his sleep right next to her.  (I have 42 cousins, more than I can even name.  She's one of my cousins I was close to.) 

Left behind her and seven kids.  He was a pastor at a church in Brooklyn, so they're not exactly well-off.  If anyone would like to help defray funeral costs...https://www.gofundme.com/f/funds-to-benefit-jason-walkers-family?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer-andr

Very sorry for your loss.  Know you aren't the religious sort, but you, your cousin, & his family do have my condolences.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

My condolences to your family.  Blessed to help! 

Colin Powell, former secretary of state, passes away at 84 from COVID-19 complications, family says

Gen. Colin Powell, the influential former secretary of state and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who played a pivotal policy role during the administration of then-President George W. Bush, died Monday at 84 from complications related to COVID-19, his family announced.

"We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American," his family said in a statement, adding that he was fully vaccinated.

The statement continued, "We want to thank the medical staff at Walter Reed National Medical Center for their caring treatment."

colin-powell-file-ap-ml-211018_163455921

Betty Lynn, Thelma Lou on ‘The Andy Griffith Show,’ dies at 95By The Associated Press

MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — Betty Lynn, the film and television actor who was best known for her role as Barney Fife’s sweetheart Thelma Lou on “The Andy Griffith Show,” has died. She was 95.

Lynn died peacefully Saturday after a brief illness, The Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, North Carolina, announced in a statement.

Director and actor Ron Howard, who played Sheriff Andy Taylor’s son, Opie, paid tribute to Lynn in a tweet Sunday saying she “brightened every scene she was in & every shooting day she was on set.”

Betty+Lynn+and+Don+Knotts.jpg

• Sad 1

Nouseforaname
On 10/14/2021 at 8:58 AM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

My condolences.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Colin Powell, former secretary of state, passes away at 84 from COVID-19 complications, family says

Gen. Colin Powell, the influential former secretary of state and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who played a pivotal policy role during the administration of then-President George W. Bush, died Monday at 84 from complications related to COVID-19, his family announced.

"We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American," his family said in a statement, adding that he was fully vaccinated.

The statement continued, "We want to thank the medical staff at Walter Reed National Medical Center for their caring treatment."

colin-powell-file-ap-ml-211018_163455921

With regard to the bolded, I understand why the family wanted to put that out.  What wasn't said early on is that Powell has been fighting a blood cancer for 2 years, which would make any vaccine at age 84 relatively useless. 

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, GG1 said:

With regard to the bolded, I understand why the family wanted to put that out.  What wasn't said early on is that Powell has been fighting a blood cancer for 2 years, which would make any vaccine at age 84 relatively useless. 

I've also noticed that recently the unvaccinated die from COVID, while the vaccinated die from "COVID-related complications."

• Like 1

My wife's mother passed Saturday night and we held the ceremony today & now that I'm the only one awake, I can't stop crying.  She was such a fantastic woman.

I'm sorry.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 8