Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

Gina Lollobrigida, Italian Film Legend, Dies at Age 95

Lollobrigida achieved international stardom during the 1950s, with films like Golden Globe-winner “Come September,” “Trapeze” and “Beat the Devil.”

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/gina-lollobrigida-italian-film-legend-dies-at-age-95/4050143/

image.png.8d948749287263edd371d0b485b92aa1.png

• Sad 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

David Crosby, 81

I saw CSN&Y at Jones Beach in the early '90s.  Just fantastic.

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/david-crosby-dead-dies-byrds-crosby-stills-nash-1235495467/

RIP

With his drug, alcohol, and medical history, one of those "How'd you make it this far?" passings.  28 years after a liver transplant is a pretty good run.   

• Like 4

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

David Crosby, 81

I saw CSN&Y at Jones Beach in the early '90s.  Just fantastic.

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/david-crosby-dead-dies-byrds-crosby-stills-nash-1235495467/

He had a good run. His son with Melissa Etheridge died a few years back at age 21 from an opioid addiction. That had to be heartbreaking.

• Cheers 2

On 1/16/2023 at 10:33 PM, B-Man said:

LOL. . . . . . . . . . confidence is sexy.

R.I.P., Gina Lollobrigida. 

Best line: “I knew right away that Rock Hudson was gay, when he did not fall in love with me.”

I don’t remember her but I wonder if she stole her name from Gina Lollajupiter who was a guest star on The Jetsons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
On 1/26/2023 at 5:49 PM, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t remember her but I wonder if she stole her name from Gina Lollajupiter who was a guest star on The Jetsons.

Well it's happened before, Jamie Lee's father stole his name from Stony Curtis on the Flintstones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lisa Loring, age 64. Played Wednesday on The Adams Family from a stroke.Leaves John Astin  (92)(Gomez) as the last one left.

Edited by Wacka
  • Sad 1

Former Blackhawks great Bobby Hull dies at 84
Daily Herald ^ | 30 January 2023 | John Dietz

Bobby Hull, the Blackhawks' all-time leading goal scorer, died Monday morning, two people close to Hull told the Daily Herald.

No other immediate details were available. Hull just celebrated his 84th birthday on Jan. 3.

The controversial Hull, who possessed a howitzer of a shot that allowed him to score 610 NHL goals, broke into the league in the 1957-58 season. He scored 30 or more goals for 13 consecutive seasons then left for the World Hockey Association in 1972 when the league agreed to pay him $1 million.

Hull, Stan Mikita and others led the Hawks to a Stanley Cup title in 1961.

Hull also became the first player to score more than 50 goals in a season on March 12, 1966, and finished with 54 goals that season.

r558424_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=j

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I used to love the stories years ago about how then-current players - Drew Brees specifically - used to get pissed when he would walk around in shorts at NFL events showing off the scars from all of his NFL-related knee surgeries.

• Cheers 1

Oh no !  

She was the most beautiful woman in the world (to me)

and a better actress than she was given credit for  (see: The Last of Sheila)

AA11tJcu.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l

MV5BOTllMDM4ODEtZGVjYi00ZjY3LTlmY2MtZmE3

• Cheers 2