Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Famed Comedian Gallagher Dies At 76

GettyImages-174333670.jpg?fit=crop&ar=16

Gallagher’s signature sketch was him pitching “Sledge-O-Matic,” a wooden mallet he utilized to smash one food after another, ending with a watermelon. The act parodied the Ronco Veg-O-Matic, which was widely advertised on TV starting in the mid-1960’s.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/famed-comedian-gallagher-dies-at-76?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand

• Sad 5

Crap Throwing Clavin

Commemorative Air Force B-17 and P-63 collided.  So far, CAF is withholding details on the flight crew lost (could be as many as seven people), but other sources have confirmed that pilots Terry Barker and Len Root were among the crews.

• Sad 6

49 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Commemorative Air Force B-17 and P-63 collided.  So far, CAF is withholding details on the flight crew lost (could be as many as seven people), but other sources have confirmed that pilots Terry Barker and Len Root were among the crews.

I heard on the radio this morning that 6 perished. 😢

56 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My son in law knows the guys involved. A few have young families. Sad.

• Sad 5

Some Personal Reflections on the Death of ‘World Famous Improv’ Founder Budd Friedman.

Budd Friedman — the founder of the “World Famous Improv” comedy clubs — passed away over the weekend. He was 90 years old.

Calling Budd a giant is actually a bit of underselling. The comedy club world had already been dominated by just two people — Budd and the Comedy Store’s Mitzi Shore — seemingly forever when I first began performing in 1982. When young comics first got to Los Angeles, all they wanted to do was get a spot at either the Hollywood Improv on Melrose or the Comedy Store on Sunset Boulevard. That was the dream.

Budd helped mine come true.

Great tribute to the genius who made standup accessible.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Some Personal Reflections on the Death of ‘World Famous Improv’ Founder Budd Friedman.

Budd Friedman — the founder of the “World Famous Improv” comedy clubs — passed away over the weekend. He was 90 years old.

Calling Budd a giant is actually a bit of underselling. The comedy club world had already been dominated by just two people — Budd and the Comedy Store’s Mitzi Shore — seemingly forever when I first began performing in 1982. When young comics first got to Los Angeles, all they wanted to do was get a spot at either the Hollywood Improv on Melrose or the Comedy Store on Sunset Boulevard. That was the dream.

Budd helped mine come true.

Great tribute to the genius who made standup accessible.

I'm sure accessible stand-up is racist.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:48 PM, B-Man said:

Last of the "heroes", led a remarkable life.

Robert Clary, Corporal LeBeau on ‘Hogan’s Heroes,’ Dies at 96

hog_clary1-h_2017.jpg?w=1296&h=730&crop=

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/robert-clary-dead-hogans-heroes-1235263555/

Sad. One of my favorite childhood shows! 

In my best Cliff Clavin voice: Little known fact, Johann Banner who played Shultz was Born in Austria-Hungary of Jewish parents. He passes away 2 years after the show ended @63 in 1973

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1