Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

There goes Wally, flashing the white supremacy sign again.

Thats not Wally. Thats Eddie Haskell.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Thats not Wally. Thats Eddie Haskell.  

I appreciate that. Both you and @MothersMilk fixed that minor mistake for me, but on the upside I get to let my wife know that the quota for correcting stupid shit in my life has been filled for the week and she can take the rest of the week off.

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I appreciate that. Both you and @MothersMilk fixed that minor mistake for me, but on the upside I get to let my wife know that the quota for correcting stupid shit in my life has been filled for the week and she can take the rest of the week off.

I'd point out that wives have completely different "correcting stupid shit" quotas, but I'm sure your wife will correct that for you herself.

• Haha 3

MothersMilk
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I guess this fits here... FIL passed away 2 1/2 weeks ago. Wife asks me if I can to to the Catholic church here to get a mass and mass card for him. No problem I say. So I go and take care of that. Come home and it was on a day she can't go apparently. 

Why didn't you get it on a Sunday?

You didn't say.

You should have known.

You didn't say anything about it, you never mentioned any particular day.

You should have known.

On and on... I told her to just call their office and get it changed. She called and got it changed to a Sunday... it took all of 4 Freaking minutes. 

Women. You can't live with'em and you can't live with'em.

3 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I guess this fits here... FIL passed away 2 1/2 weeks ago. Wife asks me if I can to to the Catholic church here to get a mass and mass card for him. No problem I say. So I go and take care of that. Come home and it was on a day she can't go apparently. 

You didn't say.

You should have known.

You should have known.

On and on... I told her to just call their office and get it changed. She called and got it changed to a Sunday... it took all of 4 Freaking minutes. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

You didn't say.

You should have known.

You should have known.

Saddened at your loss.  You have my condolences.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'd point out that wives have completely different "correcting stupid shit" quotas, but I'm sure your wife will correct that for you herself.

it isnt the correcting that bugs me. Its the fact that she remembers from 30 years ago and reminds me!

14 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

it isnt the correcting that bugs me. Its the fact that she remembers from 30 years ago and reminds me!

Let me preface this by ensuring you know that my wife absolutely knows what I'm about to type because we talk about it all the freaking time.

It's the correction for me. I have a pretty bad memory for details. Heaven forbid we're hanging with friends, having some cocktails, a topic comes up, and I start to share a memory. This is what it can sound like when I'm trying to tell someone about the best tacos I ever had.

Me: That reminds me when we in San Diego about a year ago.

Wife: Three years ago.

Me: Yeah, okay. Three years ago. We were driving to this Mexican restaurant in Old Towne while we were in town for someone's wedding.

Wife: It was a funeral.

Me: Yeah, okay. Not relevant, but yes, funeral. We got a great table by the street and a Mariachi band comes by us on the street and starts playing...

Wife: They were actually in the restaurant, not on the street.

Me: Yeah, okay. Whatever. So they bring out two of the most beautiful tacos...

Wife: There were three. 

Me: You know what? The tacos were great. If you want to know anything else, ask my wife.

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Let me preface this by ensuring you know that my wife absolutely knows what I'm about to type because we talk about it all the freaking time.

It's the correction for me. I have a pretty bad memory for details. Heaven forbid we're hanging with friends, having some cocktails, a topic comes up, and I start to share a memory. This is what it can sound like when I'm trying to tell someone about the best tacos I ever had.

Me: That reminds me when we in San Diego about a year ago.

Wife: Three years ago.

Me: Yeah, okay. Three years ago. We were driving to this Mexican restaurant in Old Towne while we were in town for someone's wedding.

Wife: It was a funeral.

Me: Yeah, okay. Not relevant, but yes, funeral. We got a great table by the street and a Mariachi band comes by us on the street and starts playing...

Wife: They were actually in the restaurant, not on the street.

Me: Yeah, okay. Whatever. So they bring out two of the most beautiful tacos...

Wife: There were three. 

Me: You know what? The tacos were great. If you want to know anything else, ask my wife.

Combine that with Clavinisms, and how do you think my wife feels?

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Combine that with Clavinisms, and how do you think my wife feels?

Remorseful and occasionally suicidal.

But what do Clavinisms have to do with anything?

• Haha 2

CarpetCrawler

And now Nichelle Nichols, Lt. Uhura from the original Star Trek. 

89 years old, I'd say she lived long and prospered.

uhura_first_appearance.jpg?itok=DYZMikKi

gettyimages-849853336-1659297011.jpeg?cr

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

She'd been fighting dementia for almost 10 years, with her family at each others' throats over her estate.

I'm genuinely relieved she's at peace now.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Basketball legend Bill Russell has passed away at 88.

Boston Celtics great Bill Russell, 11-time NBA champion, dies at 88

maxresdefault.jpg

Bill Russell, the cornerstone of the Boston Celtics dynasty that won eight straight titles and 11 overall during his career, died Sunday. The Hall of Famer was 88.

Russell died "peacefully" with his wife, Jeannine, at his side, a statement posted on social media read. Arrangements for his memorial service will be announced soon, according to the statement.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34323568/boston-celtics-great-bill-russell-11-nba-champion-dies-88

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
13 hours ago, B-Man said:

image.jpeg.22ee7d8c6bf4bef89cb6357f79d43733.jpeg
image.png.ca23f6fc967272a5995c07cca71a1f3c.png
Pat Carroll, Emmy-Winning Actress and Voice of Ursula in ‘The Little Mermaid,’ Dies at 95

Poor unfortunate soul.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I saw an article yesterday about how she was going to quit the series, and was approached by MLK because it was the only show he let his children watch on TV.

He convinced her to stay because her character epitomized how he saw black Americans: strong, confident and beautiful.

Cool story, even if it's not true.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
59 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I saw an article yesterday about how she was going to quit the series, and was approached by MLK because it was the only show he let his children watch on TV.

He convinced her to stay because her character epitomized how he saw black Americans: strong, confident and beautiful.

Cool story, even if it's not true.

I've heard/seen that story many times, going all the way back to as early as '72.  It varies a bit in the details (MLK saying "It's the only show I let my kids watch" is a new one), but the basic gist that MLK convinced Nichelle Nichols to not quit the series and stay on as a role model to black America appears pretty true.

• Cheers 2