Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 NFL Head Coach Openings [Edited: All Positions Filled]

Ann

Billsandhorns
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Does anyone have a sense if Meyer will be a good NFL coach? I don't follow college ball so I have no idea if what he does will translate well.

From what I have seen, it is rare for a successful college head coach to have the same success in the NFL. 

Totally different dynamics

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

From what I have seen, it is rare for a successful college head coach to have the same success in the NFL. 

Totally different dynamics

The one exception might be Pete Carroll. His first NFL HC job was less than stellar though.

Billsandhorns
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

The one exception might be Pete Carroll. His first NFL HC job was less than stellar though.

Was he a college head coach before becoming an NFL head coach though?

5 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Nope, first hc gig was with the Jets.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Nope, first hc gig was with the Jets.

Ahh, I did not know that. Thanks! Thought he coached in the college ranks before the Jets gig.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Ahh, I did not know that. Thanks! Thought he coached in the college ranks before the Jets gig.

I think always as an assistant and then moved up to coordinator positions in the NFL (including one year with the Bills)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

But Urban will have a lot of negotiated power, I am sure.

It was reported that it would be like NE or Seattle where the HC has total control and the GM works for them.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Makes sense as teams usually go the polar opposite of their previously failed head coach (with the exception of Jerry Jones).  They go from an introverted offensive coach to a "rah rah" rally the troops defensive coach. 

Saleh's bringing in Ryan Reynolds younger brother to be their offensive coordinator.  Darnold is a good fit for the Shanahan system so it wouldn't surprise me if they passed on a QB for at least one more draft.  Damn.  I was really hoping they'd be dumb enough to hire Peterson. 

The 49ers get two 3rd round picks because Saleh is of Labanese descent.  Also the first Muslim head coach.  The bad news for Jets fans is they're still the Jets.

• Like 1