Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

49 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I think Reich is a decent HC...but the Colts are having serious issues acquiring the talent he needs, particularly at QB.  They're simply trying to buy quality QB-ing on the FA market, rather than developing it in-house.

He's a decent human being for sure.  Hasn't proved to be a good HC yet.  As for QB, their moves the last 3 years or so would suggest they think they're in a win now position.  It hasn't worked.  Hopefully Jared Goff is not their next hope.      

I've had 4 QB on my FFL roster this year

Dak Prescott

Trey Lance

Matt Ryan

Josh Allen

Anyone got bubble wrap?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

Sam Elhinger is more mobile, has a pretty good arm and I'm not sure why they haven't given him a shot earlier.

They gave up assets/money for Ryan.  That'd have been a very quick admission.  Keep in mind just a week ago he was one of 3 nominated for OPotW.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

He's a decent human being for sure.  Hasn't proved to be a good HC yet.  As for QB, their moves the last 3 years or so would suggest they think they're in a win now position.  It hasn't worked.  Hopefully Jared Goff is not their next hope.      

The longer Sirianni and Eberfleus are gone, the worse Reich looks.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They gave up assets/money for Ryan.  That'd have been a very quick admission.  Keep in mind just a week ago he was one of 3 nominated for OPotW.

If I remember correctly Elhinger was there before they went after Ryan 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billsandhorns said:

If I remember correctly Elhinger was there before they went after Ryan 

Correct.

Just for fun:  Ryan's dead cap number this year is over $24M.  Next year it's $18M but his cap hit is $35M.

Colts are screwed.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Warner weighs in

Kurt Warner on Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers: ‘They’re Exhausted’

... For the first time ever, both quarterbacks have records below .500 at the same time going into Week 8 with the Buccaneers and Packers both sitting at 3–4. Both teams are dealing with injuries and lost significant personnel during the offseason, but Warner thinks both signal-callers look done. 

“It’s not being defeated,” Warner said. “That’s not saying you can’t do it anymore. I just think sometimes that stuff outweighs the joy of the game, which is what it looks like is happening for those two guys and I feel for them.”

With Tom Brady at 45 and Rodgers turning 39 in December, it appears Warner thinks they should hang it up. ...

Billsandhorns
14 hours ago, devnull said:

Wasn't Ehlinger that guy who was QB at Texas since the Alamo?

He was the starting QB for the University of TX , yes.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that Brady would just as soon go along with Gisele and hang up the cleats but no matter how we dislike him he doesn't want to add fire to the people calling him Marcia and as a jock doesn't want to be seen as caving to her demands. Looks like he should have stayed retired. 

On 10/24/2022 at 6:13 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I think Reich is a decent HC...but the Colts are having serious issues acquiring the talent he needs, particularly at QB.  They're simply trying to buy quality QB-ing on the FA market, rather than developing it in-house.

heads may roll

but it won't be because they lose more games in 2022.

Colts are going back to their tried and true "tank for a QB " plan

Ryan's costs are sunk

can't fix them now.

However, they can lose enough games to finally get into the QB lottery

and have a shot at a good, young QB to develop

https://www.outkick.com/sam-ehlinger-failure-could-get-colts-coach-and-gm-fired-tua-needs-to-wise-up-tannehill-start-streak-in-jeopardy/

Because if the Hail Mary that is benching Matt Ryan in favor of a former sixth-round draft pick who has zero career regular-season pass attempts doesn’t work, there’s going to be heads rolling after this season in Indianapolis.

• O Rly 1

I've never cared one way or another about Darnold or Mayfield as they started their careers beyond the fact that they were picked ahead of JA17.

But a lot of people who were involved in evaluating and selecting those two dudes need to re-think their process because it's just not that they're both riding pine, but that a dude most of us non-college-football-followers never heard of before actually makes the Panthers a more competitive team than either of them.

Sidenote: after this throw, Mayfield was QUICK out on the field to celebrate with Walker.  Moore was quick to be reminded that if you remove your helmet, you add 15 yards to the XP attempt, which unfortunately led to OT. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...