Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

https://www.outkick.com/panthers-lose-baker-mayfield-hours-after-canning-matt-rhule/

Mayfield suffered the injury in the first half of Sunday’s 37-15 drubbing. He played most of the second half and was spotted in a boot after the game.

“A little painful right now,” Mayfield said after the game. “I’m not real sure exactly what it is. We’ll examine that tomorrow and find out. So right now I’m managing the pain and learning to step in the boot.”

https://www.outkick.com/ron-rivera-sounds-like-hes-already-done-with-carson-wentz-washington-commanders/

Ron Rivera pursued trading for QB Carson Wentz over the offseason, but the third-year Washington Commanders head coach may be having buyer’s remorse.

Coming off a fourth straight loss Sunday, Rivera was asked what the biggest difference is right now between his 1-4 Commander and the rest of the NFC East.

His one-word answer, at least on paper, probably won’t sit well with Wentz.

“Quarterback,” he said.

• Facepalm 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.outkick.com/ron-rivera-sounds-like-hes-already-done-with-carson-wentz-washington-commanders/

Ron Rivera pursued trading for QB Carson Wentz over the offseason, but the third-year Washington Commanders head coach may be having buyer’s remorse.

Coming off a fourth straight loss Sunday, Rivera was asked what the biggest difference is right now between his 1-4 Commander and the rest of the NFC East.

His one-word answer, at least on paper, probably won’t sit well with Wentz.

“Quarterback,” he said.

Uhm, did you expect he was suddenly going to start making good decisions and making throws he's never made in his career?

Wentz has been what he is for a long time.  His best season was his second.  He has regressed since because there is enough film on him for teams to make him uncomfortable.   

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Uhm, did you expect he was suddenly going to start making good decisions and making throws he's never made in his career?

Well, it's the Redskins, so I'm sure they believed in something that was largely a fantasy having little to do with actual football knowledge.

• O Rly 1

41 minutes ago, Ann said:

what happens if they start losing with Dak’s return?

I know we like to say, "... the most Jetsiest thing ever", with that in mind, I would like to nominate, the most Cowboyiest thing ever.

Dak @ $45mm a year...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

I know we like to say, "... the most Jetsiest thing ever", with that in mind, I would like to nominate, the most Cowboyiest thing ever.

Dak @ $45mm a year...

The Cowpox and Finz can’t suck enough for my liking. I hope they and the *Pats all wallow in NFL Purgatory for at least the next two decades.

They are detestable beyond description and deserve to torture their followers with interminable poor play, bad luck, and shitty outcomes on and off the field of play.

Oh, and I hope several of their star players and FO, and coaches land in jail doing hard time in Federal pound-them-in-the-ass prisons. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Tomlin at his finest at catering to his prima donna WRs

https://www.outkick.com/mitch-trubisky-benched-details-kenny-pickett-steelers-diontae-johnson-argument/

The former second overall pick was sent to the bench following a locker room argument with receiver Diontae Johnson, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Johnson was angry Trubisky wasn’t targeting him more. That frustration led to a verbal argument between the two, and when the dust settled, Pickett had replaced Trubisky as QB1 for the second half.

• Doh! 2