Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

3 hours ago, Ann said:

I'm not sure I am ready to anoint Burrow a top 5 QB, but for the most part you can shake the top 6 and have a valid argument for your rank placement.

Before we get to our countdown, here are a couple notes of what went into creating this list:

- There was a heavy focus on how these quarterbacks performed in the last two seasons, and trying to form a projection of what that will mean for 2022. How Tom Brady, for example, may have played in 2009 isn't especially relevant here.

- This isn't just a ranking of the top 32 quarterbacks likely to be Week 1 starters. Not every team has a quarterback on this countdown.

With all that acknowledged, here are the top 32 quarterbacks for 2022:

No QBs make the list from Seattle or Houston, so that alone lends some credibility to it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hedge said:

No QBs make the list from Seattle or Houston, so that alone lends some credibility to it.

I think Davis Mills will surprise some people.   Not saying he is top 16, but he was certainly top 32 in 2021 and I’m not sure why he would regress.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The response is pretty good, especially when compared to the stupidity of the question.

That does not bode well for team chemistry.

Looking forward to it...

• Like 4

I hope Mitch starts. Geno Smith is a great story (whoever had a bet he'd still be in the league in 2022, never mind starting, would have made bank on that longshot), but unless a miracle occurred this off season, the Seahawks are just tanking.

geno.jpg.66f0419fc39683661e94a036e63c8471.jpg

Alaska Darin

I can't help but thing Orlavsky was drinking while watching this game.

61 rating, 5.7 YPP.  Interception.  He looked...average.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ann said:

I hope Mitch starts. Geno Smith is a great story (whoever had a bet he'd still be in the league in 2022, never mind starting, would have made bank on that longshot), but unless a miracle occurred this off season, the Seahawks are just tanking.

geno.jpg.66f0419fc39683661e94a036e63c8471.jpg

Seahawks are bottom feeders this year and their QB decision comes down to which QB makes them at least marginally less embarrassing.

Steelers QB situation is much more interesting.  They've got a solid roster and with decent QB play could be a wild card contender.  Trubisky probably gives them a better chance to compete this year than Pickett, but Pickett is a more viable long term candidate.  Rudolph, I suspect will be cut

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And yet here is their coach, sounding like he's maybe on the fence....

It doesn't matter one bit to me but I've always felt like MT10 got a really raw deal in Chicago. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It doesn't matter one bit to me but I've always felt like MT10 got a really raw deal in Chicago. 

I completely agree, but it does kind of matter to me a bit because he was such a good soldier in Buffalo. He made a comment afterwards how one thing he learned in Buffalo is to 'play your game.' You can't be successful being forced to play someone else's game with your differing skillset.

My hope is he gets a chance to showcase his skills and help the Steelers make a run. Tomlin doesn't strike me as the kind of coach that leads with the latest shiny thing, so we'll see.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's nearly guaranteed to be better than Ben.  I keep telling that to my neighbor the Steelers fan.  At the beginning of spring he wouldn't believe me, but now he sees it.  With decent QB play, the Steelers have as good a shot at the division as anyone else.

I looked up BR's last season stats.  Then I compared to Mac Jones (I don't know why). Creaky, old, brokedown Ben behind a very bad PIT O line had extremely comparable numbers to Jones.

https://stathead.com/tiny/ykXJs

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Just for being in Chicago.  

2 hours ago, snafu said:

He's nearly guaranteed to be better than Ben.  I keep telling that to my neighbor the Steelers fan.  At the beginning of spring he wouldn't believe me, but now he sees it.  With decent QB play, the Steelers have as good a shot at the division as anyone else.

I looked up BR's last season stats.  Then I compared to Mac Jones (I don't know why). Creaky, old, brokedown Ben behind a very bad PIT O line had extremely comparable numbers to Jones.

https://stathead.com/tiny/ykXJs

I think, too, you get a more experienced Najee Harris this year. He was touted highly coming out, and it hasn't been evident on the field, but I think part of that is that teams didn't need to worry about Ben, so they could focus on Harris, but you have to believe the game has slowed down quite a bit for him as well.

So yeah, Steelers getting the division would not surprise me at all. It'll come down to the Ravens staying healthy and if the Bengals fix their OL, though in the case of the Bengals, they also have to deal with the 'loser of the Super Bowl' hangover that history suggests won't be pretty.

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think, too, you get a more experienced Najee Harris this year. He was touted highly coming out, and it hasn't been evident on the field, but I think part of that is that teams didn't need to worry about Ben, so they could focus on Harris, but you have to believe the game has slowed down quite a bit for him as well.

So yeah, Steelers getting the division would not surprise me at all. It'll come down to the Ravens staying healthy and if the Bengals fix their OL, though in the case of the Bengals, they also have to deal with the 'loser of the Super Bowl' hangover that history suggests won't be pretty.

1,200 yards rushing, 7 TD's, 467 receiving, 3 TD's. Not a bad start for the rookie IMO. 

I agree, both Trubisky and Picket, along with the Najee Harris run game, gives Steeler fans good reasons to feel very optimistic about the 2022 season and on into the future IMO.

Nice way to start the Big Ben post era...    

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Makes a lot of sense. He knows the team/system, they don't have another decent backup option, and if he ends up playing a lot due to either injury or Lance sucking, it's a bargain for SF.

Also gives him a chance to hit the market at the start of the offseason rather than now which would limit his options significantly.

• Like 1