Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

PackerNation
25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

You'd better hope you don't have to find out anytime soon.

Find what out? I can't wait to see more of J-Love's development this preseason. I've seen some of it already in the first 2 practices of camp. You forget this is a cat that has learned from the best for 3 years. He is right where we want him.

If the Pack raises another Lombardi in Glendale in February, and Aaron then decides to go out on top. I will feel great about the J-Love era starting in 2023.

If Aaron decides to run it back in 2023, I am good with that too. J-Love is going nowhere. 

We are golden! Green and Gold(en)

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Find what out? I can't wait to see more of J-Love's development this preseason. I've seen some of it already in the first 2 practices of camp. You forget this is a cat that has learned from the best for 3 years. He is right where we want him.

If the Pack raises another Lombardi in Glendale in February, and Aaron then decides to go out on top. I will feel great about the J-Love era starting in 2023.

If Aaron decides to run it back in 2023, I am good with that too. J-Love is going nowhere. 

We are golden! Green and Gold(en)

Welcome aboard yhe board.

14 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I had thought it was mostly just clueless about football trolls here. I see there is some intelligent and stable life forms here.

What would make you assume that?

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, PackerNation said:

Care to make up more BS clueless clown boy? 

Pat Mahomes was 20-37 for 160 yards

1586154339_200(3).gif.780ecce8c50e6cef3df1be7c453b2f0c.gif

I literally said the Packers defense played out of their mind yet superstar Love was only able to muster a single, "final offensive drive of the game" TD.  Thanks for being stupid enough to not know you're stupid. 

Congrats on watching him run around in his underwear in camp taking meaningless snaps in a completely controlled environment designed to increase his confidence against guys mostly selling cars and insurance today.   Rob Johnson was probably the greatest NFL practice QB ever. Means absolutely the same thing contextually, Hogboy.

I could care less who any team's backup is.  If any of the top 10 QBs in this league goes down for more than a couple games,  their team is probably done.   The Packers have a slightly higher margin for error than most because both their division and conference are inferior, kinda like your football intellect and troll skills.  

You're the Bruce Mathison of rival team visitors.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2

PackerNation
Just now, Fansince88 said:

What would make you assume that?

Assume what? Thinking it was mostly clueless about football trolls here?

Unfortunately that is mostly what I have encountered here. It's fine though, I realize a Packers fan coming in and taking over their sandbox can cause some to lash out.

I just ignore the trolls. It's all good.

• Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Assume what? Thinking it was mostly clueless about football trolls here?

Unfortunately that is mostly what I have encountered here. It's fine though, I realize a Packers fan coming in and taking over their sandbox can cause some to lash out.

I just ignore the trolls. It's all good.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Another loser to ignore.

He felt he needed to show his cohorts he was trolling the Packers fan too.

How sad...and utterly pathetic this place is.

No one is forcing you to post. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ann said:

No one is forcing you to post. 🙂

Nobody was asking him to post yesterday

Nobody would care if he didn't post tomorrow

• Cheers 2

This is a very long article, and a lot of it is about his time in Buffalo:

The Always Stable Steelers in Transition and How Mitch Trubisky Has Grown
The sixth-year QB talks about what he learned from his year backing up Josh Allen for the Bills.

Mitch Trubisky came up behind me, and I honestly hadn’t even noticed him come up the hill to the foot of the St. Vincent student center, where the Steelers’ makeshift locker room is set up. When I turned and saw him, he had his hat pulled low, a backpack pulled over both shoulders, and he blended in with a handful of other players in a small space around him.

This is different for the No. 2 pick in the 2017 draft.

His arrival in Pittsburgh is in no way how he landed in Chicago five summers ago. This time around, he was signed early in free agency, and his new team backstopped his acquisition by drafting a quarterback in the first round. And that reflects the difference in expectations too. Few outside this place are predicting Trubisky will finally harness the talent that made him a high-first-round pick in the first place.

</snip>

It’s been a wild year and a half for Trubisky. The Bears let him go. The Bills picked him up. He went from starter to backup. He got married. He had his first kid. He sat and watched a season from the sidelines for the first time since his sophomore year at North Carolina. And now he’s got another new home, with a chance to be a starter again.

“I have a lot more experience, and not just football experience, world experience—going from a team to a different team, going from a starter to a backup, learning a lot, being around a great organization in Buffalo, and now having an opportunity here,” he said. “Being in Year 6, being in a competition, trying to win a job again and lead the team, I feel like I’ve met a lot of great people along the way. … It’s been a crazy 18 months.”

At this point, it sure looks like the Steelers are readying to go into 2022 with Trubisky as their starter. Even after a spring in which the coaches consistently described Rudolph as having an early lead in the competition, because of his background in the offense, it’s the former Bear and Bill who’s getting all the work with the first team.

But to be sure, no final decision has been made on that yet, and that’s fine with Trubisky because he’s comfortable with where the experience of the last year has put him.

He did, for his part, defend his work in Chicago, saying, “We won a lot of games. I’ve made a lot of big plays, I contributed to those winning teams and I knew I was a leader in those locker rooms. People can say whatever they want about it. I’m proud of my work there.”

At the same time, when he catches highlights of his time as a Bear—and those have been hard for him to avoid—he’ll concede that he does see a different guy. He sees someone laboring to carry out his assignments. He sees someone thinking too much. He sees a robotic quarterback.

That’s where his time in Buffalo was so valuable.

I would say I process quicker now. I know where I want to go with the ball,” he said. “I’m able to just trust my abilities and play a lot more free, not just go where the coach wants me to go with the football. I think it was a lot along the lines of just having a trust and being on the same page as the offensive coordinator. I felt like being in Buffalo, the quarterback had a lot more free rein to go where he wanted with the reads and go where he wanted with the ball, as opposed to Chicago.

“Even if you got a completion [in Chicago], I felt like sometimes it wasn’t necessarily what the coach wanted. They put you in a box a little bit more than you wanted to be, and I think that restricts you as a player. It’s just different experiences. In the end, we still won games. It’s just different team to team.”

And it’s interesting that he used the “box” metaphor there because it’s one, I’m told, the Bills’ coaches used with him. To explain how they wanted him to play, they told the story of how Bill Parcells would coach quarterbacks. “Here’s your box,” Parcells would say, and inside the box was all the quarterback’s reads and rules and fundamentals. Then, he’d say, the great quarterbacks are the ones who can step out of that box and know when to step out of that box to make it work.

In bringing the point they made to life, Trubisky raised an example from Buffalo last year.

“It was a touchdown,” he said. “I think it was Cover 2, and the safety was sunken inside. And he kind of just held him, and then went deep outside. It was a good two-on-one, and some coaches are like, When you get a two-high look let’s check the ball down, or get to a run. But in Buffalo, they like to be aggressive, and it’s like, Yo, if we can control that safety like Josh [Allen] does so well, and go down the field with it, why not exploit them and get a touchdown? And he got Emmanuel [Sanders] one on that.”

Trubisky couldn’t remember which game the play was from. So I looked it up for him and circled back with a 35-yard touchdown throw to Sanders from the team’s October win in Kansas City. He said that wasn’t it, then sent me the one he was referencing—a 34-yard bullet in the Bills’ playoff rout of the Patriots.

The mix-up only drove his point home. He called the plays “almost identical,” showing that these instances weren’t rare with Allen, and in seeing Allen make the offense his own, after his previous experiences, Trubisky felt like a kid at Disney World.

“Absolutely,” he said. “It was awesome. It was definitely eye-opening to me. It made me say, Why can’t I add that to my game? And that’s what I’m trying to do.”

Even better, the guys in Buffalo will vouch for that. In fact, Trubisky actually went to Brandon Beane after he riddled his former team in the preseason last year and articulated it to the Bills’ GM—who would’ve welcomed Trubisky back if the shot to start elsewhere hadn’t materialized for him.

“[Brian] Daboll and [Ken] Dorsey allowed Josh the freedom, if something else is there, to improvise, and make plays and basically play free,” Beane said. “Talking to Mitch, I know he felt like, as we were getting into preseason last year, he was starting to gain confidence and trust it, and play free, too. And generally, you follow the rules. But sometimes you see something, and the last time they gave you that look and you ran something, it would’ve been there. So you come back to it.”

Which is how, in a certain way, playing in Buffalo led Trubisky to start to see playing the position as an art again, rather than just a science.

“The difference between my experience in Chicago and what I saw in Buffalo is they allow Josh to go out there and play his game,” he continued. “In Chicago, they wanted me to play the coaches’ game. Call it whatever you will, that’s just how it felt to me. That was my experience, from what I saw in Chicago to what I saw in Buffalo.

“My experience in Buffalo, you’re not just going through progressions, you’re seeing the field. Sometimes I’d be on the sidelines, and I’d be like, He had a completion right here. But based on what the defense was doing, he also had [Stefon] Diggs on a deep post and we scored a touchdown. Those are things you’re seeing on the field that you can’t see from the sidelines, and vice versa.”

So how does that translate now to Pittsburgh? Trubisky, when he signed, thought there’d be similarities, from Sean McDermott and Daboll in Buffalo to Tomlin and coordinator Matt Canada in Pittsburgh. It’s too early, at this point, to know how all of that will manifest when everyone is in pads and everything is happening at full speed.

But philosophically, Tomlin is on the same page as Trubisky, which is why Trubisky’s confident the Steelers will give him the kind of latitude he could operate with in Buffalo.

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm sure Cameron Poe loves these stories...

Just When I Thought I Was Out GIFs | TenorAn

As if to show there's nothing to see here..."Carson Wentz is taking Command of the Washington Offense".  Sure he is.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 7/7/2022 at 1:59 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Every thing I see Aaron Rodgers do recently, I assume the meaning is "Olivia Munn is still living rent-free in his head."

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2