Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

So which one is Josh's backup in 2023?

Can't you see Darnold being a decade long backup in Buffalo, just holding the door for JA17 and making sure there are donuts?

He ends up only playing in meaningless late season games against the Jets and putting up ridiculous numbers.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Can't you see Darnold being a decade long backup in Buffalo, just holding the door for JA17 and making sure there are donuts turkey burgers?

FIFY

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

FIFY

I have no problem being the team's Assistant to the Regional Turkey Burger Boy. Every time Josh Allen comes off the field or commercial breaks I coat him, water him and give him a bite of Jalepeno turkey burger.:classic_love:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I have no problem being the team's Assistant to the Regional Turkey Burger Boy. Every time Josh Allen comes off the field or commercial breaks I coat him, water him and give him a bite of Jalepeno turkey burger.:classic_love:

Is that what the turkey baster is for?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, devnull said:

Is that what the turkey baster is for?

We do offer a second one free, just pay a separate charge. Shipping and handling is an additional fee determined by the amount of handling desired. Try the Yabba the Mutt option which comes with all the experience of a seasoned ball licker and penitent child. Extra innings are free of course during his anal annual outings.

• Haha 1

The Arizona Cardinals removed the controversial “independent study” addendum from quarterback Kyler Murray’s new contract, according to multiple reports Thursday. Murray held an unscheduled press conference earlier in the day to push back on the criticism that came following news of the clause, which was first reported Monday.

</snip>

Cardinals remove ‘independent study’ clause from Kyler Murray’s contract: Reports

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Ann said:

The Arizona Cardinals removed the controversial “independent study” addendum from quarterback Kyler Murray’s new contract, according to multiple reports Thursday. Murray held an unscheduled press conference earlier in the day to push back on the criticism that came following news of the clause, which was first reported Monday.

</snip>

Cardinals remove ‘independent study’ clause from Kyler Murray’s contract: Reports

If true, wtf is wrong with them?  Either he willingly puts in the work that Billy Joe Gunrack did & the clause is useful & necessary or he does put in enough work and it never should've been mandated.

But, it's really forking stoopid to put in in and then remove it. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

The contract was signed, wasn't it?

Because you can't unilaterally amend a signed contract.  "The Arizona Cardinals" can't just remove an addendum.  They'd have to have the agreement of Murray, or (or through) his agent.

Which then leads me to wonder...did they get that?  Meaning, they would have effectively renegotiated the contract.

Which THEN leads me to wonder...what the &#%$ were all these people doing when the addendum was first negotiated?  

This is downright Jetsy, it's so ridiculous.  

PackerNation

Not sure I'd feel great about Case Keenum coming in if Josh goes down for extended period. 

You will see the development of J-Love in the preseason games. It has been great him working under Tom Clements the last several months. Tom Clements is the one that Aaron credits for developing him as a young QB. 

The Packers are not interested in trading J-Love for a reason. Currently one of the best backups in the league, and has a very high ceiling. 

Present and future set at QB in Green Bay.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin

Yeah, I'm sure a guy who has precisely one start (a loss to KC that the Packers would have won with even competent QB play because their defense played OUT OF THEIR MINDS), more interceptions than TDs, a completion percentage under 60, and an overall QBR  hovering just above 30 is "one of the best in the league."  Keenum has more playoff games in the NFL than Love has starts.

They're not trading him because he has absolutely DICK for value and they also can't afford to.  All he is is an athletic first round pick with an unknown ceiling who is cheaper to keep because moving him immediately for what would be at best a day 3 pick adds $10M to THIS SEASON'S cap.  I won't even mention that your GM isn't trading him for nothing because it would be a huge admission of what a wasted asset that pick was.

Welcome to BILLSFANS.COM, where we actually know football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

PackerNation

Care to make up more BS clueless clown boy? 

Pat Mahomes was 20-37 for 160 yards and 1 TD.

J-Love was 19-34 for 190 yards and 1 TD.

Close game that J-Love lost on the road. Have zero problem with it. 

I've seen J-Love play on the grass going on 3 training camps now and his skills are off the charts. Cannon arm, mobility, and a high ceiling. Not starting for your first 2 years in the league because you were the backup to the MVP of the league for those 2 years is no knock on J-Love. 

The Packers aren't trading him because he is their future at the position. They love what they have. They aren't even listening to offers for him because they would be insane to trade away the future at the position.

You wish J-Love was your backup. If you say you don't you are lying. Case Keenum sucks and is what he is. A nobody that will always be a nobody.

Good luck if Josh goes down. I am sure the Bills will be fine with Case.

1586154339_200(3).gif.780ecce8c50e6cef3df1be7c453b2f0c.gif

• O Rly 1

3 hours ago, PackerNation said:

You will see the development of J-Love in the preseason games. It has been great him working under Tom Clements the last several months. Tom Clements is the one that Aaron credits for developing him as a young QB. 

The Packers are not interested in trading J-Love for a reason. Currently one of the best backups in the league, and has a very high ceiling. 

Present and future set at QB in Green Bay.

You'd better hope you don't have to find out anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1