Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

Alaska Darin
42 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

technically, yes

He's currently as "in the league" as you are.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Billsandhorns
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

He's currently as "in the league" as you are.  :lol:

Considering that I have never been in the league. He is considered a free agent right now and had a better chance to be signed than I ever will 

2 hours ago, Ann said:

So here's what I want to happen

Bills are featured in 2023 Hard Knocks

Bills bring Mayfield, Darnold, and Rosen to compete for backup jobs

Final episode of Hard Knocks: McD and Dorsey are sitting in the office when Rosen enters.  McD is distracted on a tablet.  Dorsey invites Rosen to sit down.

McD:  (Distracted)  Okay, Josh.  How do you feel about the playbook

Rosen: I feel good coach

McD: (Distracted) So you're ready to start week one?

Dorsey: Uhhh, coach

McD: (Distracted) Yeah

Dorsey: You want Rosen to start week 1?

McD: (Looks surprised at Dorsey) What?  No!

McD: (Looks over at Rosen) You're not the right Josh

Fade to black...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Rosen is on the Jamarcus Russell bust trajectory.   That's a spectacular fall.

Rosen has far surpassed the Jamarcus Russell trajectory.  Spectacular a bust as he was, even Russell was given three years before the Raiders gave up on him.  Rosen, the Cardinals didn't even get a full season's play out of before they trade him to the Fish, and Miami got somewhere between "jack" and "shit" out of him.

Fun fact: Josh Rosen has 12 career touchdowns and 11 career fumbles.

Fun fact #2: his full name is "Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen."  Now I hate him even more.  How the hell do you look at the name "Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen" and think "Yeah, that other Josh is 'wrong Josh'?"  

• Applause 2

Alaska Darin
12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Rosen has far surpassed the Jamarcus Russell trajectory.  Spectacular a bust as he was, even Russell was given three years before the Raiders gave up on him.  Rosen, the Cardinals didn't even get a full season's play out of before they trade him to the Fish, and Miami got somewhere between "jack" and "shit" out of him.

Fun fact: Josh Rosen has 12 career touchdowns and 11 career fumbles.

Fun fact #2: his full name is "Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen."  Now I hate him even more.  How the hell do you look at the name "Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen" and think "Yeah, that other Josh is 'wrong Josh'?"  

When I was reading up on the prospects for that draft, it was really obvious to me (based on my biases) that Jackson/Allen were the two best options.  I thought Jackson because he'd played at the bigger program was more likely to be the better player.

1.  Mayfield: Fat - literally not in good athletic shape but able to succeed because of the superior talent/coaching around him and the fact the Big 12 plays barely more Defense than the Pac 10.

2.  Darnold:  USC QB.  No &#%$ing way ever.

3.  Rosen:  Californian whose dad is a surgeon and mommy is a "healer" (this is 100% accurate).  That turd has never had a bad day in his life until he got drafted.

I loved the idea of Allen because he was a farm kid and all of us who grew up in that world know just how hard you work growing up.  His play showed many of the flashes we've seen develop/evolve over the last 4 seasons.  My biggest concern was not really competition but durability because he'd been hurt in college on what didn't look like that bad a hit.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

My biggest concern was not really competition but durability because he'd been hurt in college on what didn't look like that bad a hit.

And because the Bills’ O-line was as bad as any drought year when Allen was a raw rookie.   A lot of talking heads forget how bad that line was when they talk about Allen’s first two seasons, and him “coming out of nowhere” to be great. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Admit it, we all want to see this happen.

Reminds me of 2012 when the Bills brought Vince Young and Matt Leinart in to training camp and ended up cutting both for another season of Fitzmagic

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, devnull said:

Reminds me of 2012 when the Bills brought Vince Young and Matt Leinart in to training camp and ended up cutting both for another season of Fitzmagic

Wait, so you're telling me a UT AND USC QB were BOTH busts? 

Where was the other guy from?  

• Haha 2

Fansince88
19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

So, will their be a camp battle between Baker and Darnold or in one already kinged the starter. 

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

So, will their be a camp battle between Baker and Darnold or in one already kinged the starter. 

I'll eat my hat if Mayfield is healthy and isn't the starter.

• Like 3

Fansince88
7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'll eat my hat if Mayfield is healthy and isn't the starter.

My thought too. That said, there will be a "battle".

• Like 3