Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Makes a lot of sense. He knows the team/system, they don't have another decent backup option, and if he ends up playing a lot due to either injury or Lance sucking, it's a bargain for SF.

Also gives him a chance to hit the market at the start of the offseason rather than now which would limit his options significantly.

Too early for a QB Carousel 2023 thread, but he’s probably on the move. Seems like Lamar would be too if there wasn’t a franchise tag. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Makes a lot of sense. He knows the team/system, they don't have another decent backup option, and if he ends up playing a lot due to either injury or Lance sucking, it's a bargain for SF.

Also gives him a chance to hit the market at the start of the offseason rather than now which would limit his options significantly.

Team player. Was on the hook for 26+mm this year and could get traded if a team in need calls and he approves. But as you say, he is free after this year to do as he wishes. 

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Team player. Was on the hook for 26+mm this year and could get traded if a team in need calls and he approves. But as you say, he is free after this year to do as he wishes. 

I assume if he had refused to renegotiate, they would have cut him.  So, this ends up a better situation for him than anything he was going to find on the eve of the regular season starting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

don't see the Right Josh on that list either

https://www.outkick.com/browns-sign-josh-rosen/

Days after being cut by the QB-needy Cleveland Browns, Rosen has landed back in Cleveland. The Browns announced Thursday that they signed Rosen to their practice squad. He’ll serve as the team’s fourth-string quarterback behind Jacoby Brissett, Josh Dobbs and the recently signed Kellen Mond.

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

don't see the Right Josh on that list either

https://www.outkick.com/browns-sign-josh-rosen/

Days after being cut by the QB-needy Cleveland Browns, Rosen has landed back in Cleveland. The Browns announced Thursday that they signed Rosen to their practice squad. He’ll serve as the team’s fourth-string quarterback behind Jacoby Brissett, Josh Dobbs and the recently signed Kellen Mond.

I'm going to make Cleveland sorry for having 384739394 QBs in front of me."

- Josh Rosen (probably)

"We're already sorry"

- the Browns

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm going to make Cleveland sorry for having 384739394 QBs in front of me."

- Josh Rosen (probably)

"We're already sorry"

- the Browns

The “right” Josh.

Right.