Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

RochesterRob
11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't blame them.  If the BILLS ever left...I'd be done with the NFL, even if a few years later they gave us an expansion franchise. 

Kind of ironic to think about it today when the energy sector is doing well.  Back during the 1980's when Adams was looking to replace the Astrodome the energy (oil) sector was in a deep slump.  This killed any enthusiasm in that region for corporate sponsorship that Adams needed to in turn go to the politicians to source the immediate money needed.  Like I said the relationship between Adams and Houston was anything but perfect but if the stars had aligned over 35 years ago Houston would still have the Oilers in my opinion.  

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Kind of ironic to think about it today when the energy sector is doing well.  Back during the 1980's when Adams was looking to replace the Astrodome the energy (oil) sector was in a deep slump.  This killed any enthusiasm in that region for corporate sponsorship that Adams needed to in turn go to the politicians to source the immediate money needed.  Like I said the relationship between Adams and Houston was anything but perfect but if the stars had aligned over 35 years ago Houston would still have the Oilers in my opinion.  

That's an impossible point to argue against.  There was a short period there where public opinion really swayed against giving rich dudes public money for stadiums but it was too good to be true.

21 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's an impossible point to argue against.  There was a short period there where public opinion really swayed against giving rich dudes public money for stadiums but it was too good to be true.

that's great outrage to behold

except when its your team that needs the new stadium

Alaska Darin
7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

that's great outrage to behold

except when its your team that needs the new stadium

Not going to change my opinion one bit.   There's a reason I will never live in NYS again,  despite still opening land and having 90+% of my family still there. 

• Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
4 hours ago, devnull said:

A friend of mine is a Browns fan.  He's not too happy with the trade and from what he tells me is going on the Browns' fans websites, it's not a popular trade.

One of my sisters lives in Cleveland, her husband who is probably the nicest man on the planet who I've never heard swear let alone raise his voice in the 20+ years I've known him, sent me a text in all caps: "WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE &#%$ING HATE THE BROWNS? 250m GUARANTEED?!?!?!"

... only his text didn't have a profanity filter :classic_laugh: 

I did NOT expect that response. I figured Browns fans would be over the moon, but apparently not.

(It may be my BBFS popping up, but usually when the fan base revolts like this, the player ends up being quite good)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Stafford for 4 years and $160M with $135M guaranteed.

Good for him. He's been loyal to a fault and I have a ton of respect for him.

I mean, I wouldn't want to rely on him if I fell off a platform or anything, but he's a good dude.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

16 minutes ago, Ann said:

I wouldn’t blame him. However he could have done a reverse OJ holdout and go through the entire preseason and then on the Saturday before the opener, declare you’re holding out and might retire. 

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Funny.

Albino Africans are real. I worked with a guy who was one. He was very good natured and we called him “our ‘wrong’ colored guy”. He looked a bit like this guy, but he had lots of freckles. 
I remember you Gregg. (not a typo). Hope you’re okay. 
9895281663_b5fe1cc845_b.jpg

Edited by Nanker
  • Cheers 1

I'm not a fan of this move by the Colts. I would hate to think Reich was brought in to duct tape a team to a championship.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
24 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not a fan of this move by the Colts. I would hate to think Reich was brought in to duct tape a team to a championship.

The Colts have a nice roster but QB play in big moments has hurt them each season FR has been there.  I don't blame them for trying to find a short term answer at that position.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

So the Falcons starting QB is... Matt Schaub?

I keed...

Who do they go after? Fake Bake? 

Fitz

or

draft one

rookie learning curve won't matter

team is bad