Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I read that they’re doing a homicide investigation. 

"Traffic homicide," which isn't a charge.  It just means the Florida Traffic Homicide Unit is investigating to see if there's any DUI, safety issues, or traffic violations involved.  Which doesn't even mean any of those issues are involved.  Seems like the THU does this sort of accident reconstruction and investigation for every fatal vehicle accident.

Of course, now that it's been reported as a "traffic homicide" investigation, when they don't find any evidence of a crime, certain people are going to go ballistic and claim the THU is racist for sweeping vehicular homicide under the rug.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I read that they’re doing a homicide investigation. 

vehicular homicide, of course there will be an investigation. 

from what i read, i doubt any charges will be made.  haskins tried to cross an interstate on foot

Alaska Darin

EJ Manuel:  "And they said I had slow eyes."

I think every time I read something really stupid about Haskins being held back from playing I'm going to crack a terrible joke about him getting hit by a &#%$ing dump truck.

Well, Cam. You had a good run.

You struggled to keep your job from Mac Freaking Jones, but we both know it only takes one bad preseason injury and you're on someone's roster as backup.

I mean, at least that was the plan before this interview.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Facepalm 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Well, Cam. You had a good run.

You struggled to keep your job from Mac Freaking Jones, but we both know it only takes one bad preseason injury and you're on someone's roster as backup.

I mean, at least that was the plan before this interview.

What's worse than saying that at all, is saying that while dressed like a pimp.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's an improvement.  Usually he's dressed like someone's grandmother. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

He definitely carries that Huggy Bear vibe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It appears Davis Mills is the guy in Houston, at least until the draft or a trade happens. 

Texans coach Lovie Smith a 'believer' in Davis Mills, expects 'big improvement' from QB

Davis Mills enters the offseason workout program as the Houston Texans' clear starting quarterback following Tyrod Taylor signing with the New York Giants and the Deshaun Watson trade.

New Texans head coach Lovie Smith spoke glowingly of Mills' play down the stretch of the 2021 season and the leadership the second-year quarterback displayed early in the offseason, gathering teammates for workouts.

"If you look at all of my comments about Davis, I am a believer in him and what he's going to do," Smith said Monday.

"Eventually, he's got to do it all on the football field consistently where everybody loves him, every snap and all of that. Before a guy has played enough to do all of that, he shows up every day. Availability, he is available, and he has recruited other players to come here, and what the guys see him doing is just working. When I say I believe in him, (offensive coordinator) Pep Hamilton, second year in the system, all of these things. ... If you just go back and look at the plays that he made, throwing the ball downfield last year, so many good things that he did, and that's as a rookie."

"The improvement that you see from Year 1 to Year 2 is normally a big improvement, and that's what we're gonna get from him."

</snip>

• Like 1

I thought Mills played pretty well in the Texans games I saw, at least considering what a wreck they are.  That's a team with a long rebuild ahead so no reason not to give him a shot to develop.

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I thought Mills played pretty well in the Texans games I saw, at least considering what a wreck they are.  That's a team with a long rebuild ahead so no reason not to give him a shot to develop.

Absolutely. I think he's a great story and played well during the season for someone in such a crappy situation. They don't have a lot of options for the upcoming season, and I hope Lovie is genuine about what he sees, and not pushing out crap like the Browns or Fish. "We have confidence in Mayfield/Tua/whomever as our starter and are not interested in..."

I'll never pretend I'm smart enough about players to the extent I can tell they'll be a bust immediately, but the dude earned the right to start next year, and I hope he brings some optimism to fans who deserve better than what happened with Watson.

This interview with Mayfield is pretty good. I have one issue with it.

In my house, where our dogs are concerned, rule #1 is there is ALWAYS time for a belly rub.

Baker leaves the dog next to him hanging like Tom Brady looking for a high five.

Give the effin' dog a belly run, Baker!

• Like 3