Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

most.jpg.daa412da092349187dfa043d6d8cb618.jpg

That least expensive list...

32. Rebuilding year

31. Rebuilding year

30. Rebuilding year

29. Rebuilding year

28. :classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

27. Rebuilding year

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm shocked that a guy who ditched a signed contract to play in the NFL is now ditching a signed contract.  Who coulda seen that coming? 

At the risk of repeating myself, the Cardinals are in something of a pickle. You can run and throw all you want in this league, but if you can't lead, you're following, and Kyle straight up showed the world he is no leader. Once he lost Hopkins, he was lost and proved he doesn't have the temperament to carry his team.

Easy to say as a Bills fan, but look at Murray losing the Rams at the end, and look at Josh losing to Tampa Bay. The son-of-a-bitch damn near won the game by himself. Murray has no interest in leading that way.

Now the team has to look at this through the lens of the Carr deal?  Ugly stuff.

• Like 5

4merper4mer
4 hours ago, Ann said:

Had the radio on in the car and they were already speculating about trade spots.  They started with Atl, NO, Car because of their interest in Watson.  That makes sense but I smell fish.  The only others that even make sense at all are Detroit, maybe Houston.  Seattle would seem to be a non-starter.

16 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

At the risk of repeating myself, the Cardinals are in something of a pickle. You can run and throw all you want in this league, but if you can't lead, you're following, and Kyle straight up showed the world he is no leader. Once he lost Hopkins, he was lost and proved he doesn't have the temperament to carry his team.

Easy to say as a Bills fan, but look at Murray losing the Rams at the end, and look at Josh losing to Tampa Bay. The son-of-a-bitch damn near won the game by himself. Murray has no interest in leading that way.

Now the team has to look at this through the lens of the Carr deal?  Ugly stuff.

I understand where he's coming from, but wouldn't cave in to him for those reasons.  15 months ago Baker Mayfield was leading Cleveland to a blowout playoff win vs Pittsburgh.  While many of us have thought he's been overrated since day 1, not many predicted he'd be on the scrap heap now.  I think that's having a big impact here.  Murray knows a mediocre 2022 season where he doesn't show growth as a leader or a passer (when he can't just chuck it up to Hopkins) = no huge contract, maybe ever.

He's an exciting young player who might evolve into a top flight QB, but he's not there yet, so pretty big risk to pay him now.  Cards should exercise his fifth year option and hold firm.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Had the radio on in the car and they were already speculating about trade spots.  They started with Atl, NO, Car because of their interest in Watson.  That makes sense but I smell fish.  The only others that even make sense at all are Detroit, maybe Houston.  Seattle would seem to be a non-starter.

Maybe Pittsburgh?

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I understand where he's coming from, but wouldn't cave in to him for those reasons.  15 months ago Baker Mayfield was leading Cleveland to a blowout playoff win vs Pittsburgh.  While many of us have thought he's been overrated since day 1, not many predicted he'd be on the scrap heap now.  I think that's having a big impact here.  Murray knows a mediocre 2022 season where he doesn't show growth as a leader or a passer (when he can't just chuck it up to Hopkins) = no huge contract, maybe ever.

He's an exciting young player who might evolve into a top flight QB, but he's not there yet, so pretty big risk to pay him now.  Cards should exercise his fifth year option and hold firm.

It would appear that Murray is not a team player, let alone a team leader. The highlight of his career was a lucky pass to beat the Bills. His future does not look bright. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It would appear that Murray is not a team player, let alone a team leader. The highlight of his career was a lucky pass to beat the Bills. His future does not look bright. 

He sure doesn't appear to be a "betting on myself" type of guy!  😄

If the Panthers pursue Mayfield they should also go after Josh Rosen.

That would give them 3 out of the top 10 picks from the 2018 NFL Draft

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
12 hours ago, Ann said:

The guy is dead right.  There are 2 QBs currently at the top of the NFL - Maholmes and Allen.  The other guys near that level are either aging (Wilson, Brady, Rogers) or have issues (Watson/Burrows).

If you were going to build the perfect QB, he'd end up being Josh Allen.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The guy is dead right.  There are 2 QBs currently at the top of the NFL - Maholmes and Allen.  The other guys near that level are either aging (Wilson, Brady, Rogers) or have issues (Watson/Burrows).

If you were going to build the perfect QB, he'd end up being Josh Allen.

If I were going to build the perfect QB, he'd end up being Johnny Unitas.

To whom Josh Allen bears more than a passing similarity.  ❤️

• Like 1