Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

Arm of Harm
4 hours ago, Ann said:

Nothing wrong with having some confidence. That said, my favorite quarterback is Josh Allen. Jameis Winston cannot do everything Josh Allen can do! 😎

• Like 3

4merper4mer
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Get a massage without getting sued?

Sure.  But can he go to Cheesecake Factory without checking Tinder even once?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Given how other teams are overpaying for lesser QBs, that's a downright bargain.

I think Jameis has a world of talent, it just needs to be honed. It would have been interesting to see how he fared under Payton had he not gotten injured last year.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Scott Fitterer Q and A: On draft plans, and recovering on the fly

So as Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer sat poolside at The Breakers resort, overlooking the Atlantic and steps away from the NFL's annual meeting, he talked about the last year-plus of his life, when he took over a personnel department of strangers, and began the work of building a team.

</snip>

Q: When you think about what you've done so far, there are still two big needs on this team — left tackle and quarterback. How do you balance the need to fill both spots, in the context of the sixth overall pick in this year's draft?

FITTERER: "This will be interesting because the tackles will be the best players on the board. But we do need a quarterback, and at some point you have to take a shot, especially in the top 10. You hate to force it, because when you force it, you could make a mistake.

"It's a unique quarterback class, because there's not a clear number one, number two, number three. Like, who's the proven starter who can come in and play for you? That'll be the conversation we have for the next month — quarterback or left tackle. And we could always go pass-rusher because Brian Burns is coming up (they're picking up his option to extend his rookie deal until 2023). I mean, we'll do the option, but if that money gets out of hand, it's better to have somebody ready to go in the hopper."

Q: Looking at quarterbacks this year is not without risk, as many analysts think this class is not as good as previous years in terms of talent. Does that give you pause?

FITTERER: "I hear that. But in reverse, how many times have you seen guys like Joey Harrington labeled can't-miss, and they end up missing? Getting the right person with the right makeup with the right skill set for your offense, and having that blend together is key. So much of it is what's around them. You've got to be able to protect them."

</snip>

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Ann said:

Scott Fitterer Q and A: On draft plans, and recovering on the fly

So as Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer sat poolside at The Breakers resort, overlooking the Atlantic and steps away from the NFL's annual meeting, he talked about the last year-plus of his life, when he took over a personnel department of strangers, and began the work of building a team.

</snip>

Q: When you think about what you've done so far, there are still two big needs on this team — left tackle and quarterback. How do you balance the need to fill both spots, in the context of the sixth overall pick in this year's draft?

FITTERER: "This will be interesting because the tackles will be the best players on the board. But we do need a quarterback, and at some point you have to take a shot, especially in the top 10. You hate to force it, because when you force it, you could make a mistake.

"It's a unique quarterback class, because there's not a clear number one, number two, number three. Like, who's the proven starter who can come in and play for you? That'll be the conversation we have for the next month — quarterback or left tackle. And we could always go pass-rusher because Brian Burns is coming up (they're picking up his option to extend his rookie deal until 2023). I mean, we'll do the option, but if that money gets out of hand, it's better to have somebody ready to go in the hopper."

Q: Looking at quarterbacks this year is not without risk, as many analysts think this class is not as good as previous years in terms of talent. Does that give you pause?

FITTERER: "I hear that. But in reverse, how many times have you seen guys like Joey Harrington labeled can't-miss, and they end up missing? Getting the right person with the right makeup with the right skill set for your offense, and having that blend together is key. So much of it is what's around them. You've got to be able to protect them."

</snip>

LT

Beer__League__Hockey
On 3/29/2022 at 11:31 AM, Foxx said:

I think Jameis has a world of talent, it just needs to be honed. It would have been interesting to see how he fared under Payton had he not gotten injured last year.

All the talent in the world won't stop him from trying to throw for a 50/50 TD/INT ratio.  He's a gambler, which isn't the worst thing to be - occasionally. 

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Erm ... many responses were "April Fools, but apparently not.   :classic_blink:

april.jpg.932cd2b48f2d63f78f4318073ab1bdc7.jpg

So stunning.  So brave.  Who works so hard to return to slavery?

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This is genuinely what I do not understand.

The dude literally did a Netflix documentary that literally called the NFL a slave market.

Did you not mean that, Kaep?

But heaven forbid anyone point it out online. Wouldn't want the woke brigade breaking down your firewall.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Pete Carroll:

"Kaepernick deserves a shot as a NFL quarterback"

Kaepernick:

"I want a shot as a NFL quarterback "

Petey:

"I need a quarterback"

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Erm ... many responses were "April Fools, but apparently not.   :classic_blink:

april.jpg.932cd2b48f2d63f78f4318073ab1bdc7.jpg

"NFL club personnel in attendance are permitted to watch the event?"

What the &#%$ does that even mean?  What, if Kaep didn't want them watching, they'd have to close their eyes?  

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/1/2022 at 8:17 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Former slave realizes he not only is willing to be a slave again, he's even willing to be a backup slave.

Yeah...but no one else is willing to accept him in a backup role, because the SJWs will keep screaming "Discrimination!" if he's not a starter.

That's why he's not in the league.  Not good enough to be a starter, but while he's unquestionably good enough in a backup role, nobody wants the melodrama that brings.

14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

...nobody wants the melodrama that brings.

The fact that 30 people aren't responding to this point with pitchforks is clearly a sign we're not ATOP anymore.

Those Kaepernick freaks will die on the hill that Kaepernick is right about everything, and the NFL is blackballing him.

The push is on, now, to get him back. Here is CBS Sports making the case. You can chew on this stupidity for days and never hunger.

15 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Yeah...but no one else is willing to accept him in a backup role, because the SJWs will keep screaming "Discrimination!" if he's not a starter.

That's why he's not in the league.  Not good enough to be a starter, but while he's unquestionably good enough in a backup role, nobody wants the melodrama that brings.

He is good enough to be a starter, though a marginal one who a FO will look to upgrade at the first opportunity to do so.

As you said, he would be best suited as a backup, but then he'll be a slave/man keeping him down/oppressed/etc which is exactly why he's not in the league.  Like making millions of dollars is oppressed...man, I wish I was oppressed.