Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Divisional Round Weekend: Playoffs Bills vs Baltimore 8:15pm Saturday

Ann

Nouseforaname
10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

When did I become a good luck charm?  😂

Oh wait.  You just want me for my chili at halftime. 

Well if they lose, you will be blamed.  Just get ready to get tarred and feathered.  

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

@IDBillzFan I am watching the Titans / Crows game tonight.

In the red zone jackson takes chances. He tries to find the narrow windows and can succeed. Outside of the redzone it is like Kryptonite. He can't or won't complete those passes. He's mind boggling.

He missed 3 chances on 1 drive to put the pass long to wide open targets on the outside or on down the middle. He checked to 4 or 5 yard games every time. I imagine the mindset is simple on offense remembering it is Greg Roman.  Control the clock, don't take unnecessary chances, pick up 3 to 4 yards each play, and don't turn the ball over.

The series ended with a 20 yard pass to a wode receiver that was times perfectly in a narrow window.

That series was just a few after completing a bonehead long ball to a wide receiver running the sideline, under throwing it, having it picked off.

If our defense plays like it did against the colts it could be a long day. If our defense can keep them away from the red zone I have no doubt we win. Any trip inside of the red zone is at least 3 points for them. With 10-12 possessions a game expect 3 or 4 to sniff the end zone and as many as half a dozen in the redzone or 30 yard line. 

Final score I will predict after finishing the Titans game... But my first thought is Bills +4, o/u 39, final score bills 24, Ravens 20. ...justin Tucker is a 3pt swing so 24-23 final.  Bills take victory formation.

Decided to rewatch last year's Bills Ravens game to see what has changed, and I'm getting more optimistic after the review.

Don't really see too many changes for Ravens on offense this year, as Dobbins replaced Ingram, and they added Duvernay (who's been invisible).  On D, their pass rush strengthened with Campbell & Yannick.

We all know the changes the Bills made, and that will be the key.  Think about this for a moment, early on in this game, Allen's primary targets were Foster & McKenzie.  Never mind that Allen's throws were totally off, he overthrew open WRs and made some poor throwing decisions.  Of course there was the common sack fumble deep in his zone.  He started the game at 1 for 7.

Early on, Allen had a difficult time with the Ravens blitz, and Daboll switched to the run game in 2Q to take pressure off Allen and it worked to get to the red zone, but that's where the drive stalled.

Also notable is that in the first half, Allen absolutely had no intermediate throws.  He either threw long (incomplete) or short dump offs.  Despite the offensive ineptitude, Bills were only down 10-6 at the half.

For whatever reason, he didn't fully trust Beas as his safety valve early in this game, preferring Foster & McKenzie.  The offense finally got going late when Allen looked at Beas as the primary. 

We already discussed Bills' D plan against Jackson, which was to maximize his time in the pocket, stack the box, yet don't blitz too much and leave lanes closed.  It worked well in the first half, but Ravens opened up the second half by spreading the Bills out more and then hit a home run pass to a ... TE.  (Ball thrown 15 yards over the middle)

The D settled down after the early 3Q mistake and gave Allen many opportunities to get back in.  That the game was still within 8 points after three quarters is all thanks to the D, because Bills managed only 122 of total offense through that point.  The frustration of this game was evident by so many offensive plays that were literally a few inches off being complete.   And despite all that, Bills were one pass and great DB break up from tying the game late.

The bottom line is the stark contrast in watching Allen's play in 2019 week 14 vs his play in the latter part of 2020.  Two completely different QBs.

In comparing the two QBs, Jackson looks like the same guy, but Allen is not.

Looking forward to Saturday night!

• Like 5
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Meazza said:

Well if they lose, you will be blamed.  Just get ready to get tarred and feathered.  

Blamed??  Dude this is year 6 (I think) of being off the Bills wagon. So don’t you dare lay this weekend’s loss at my feet. 😉

Oh and BTW I’m making pizzas this Saturday not chili. And some fancy bullshit ones like chicken confit, roasted garlic, arugula.  You know California style pizza. 

Edited by Chef Jim

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Blamed??  Dude this is year 6 (I think) of being off the Bills wagon. So don’t you dare lay this weekend’s loss at my feet. 😉

Notice they started winning when you got pulled back in.

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

Notice they started winning when you got pulled back in.

Pulled back in?  Explain how I’ve been pulled back in?  I thought this team had been the next coming of Christ all season.  So I’ve had nothing to do with all this winning.

D3C450D8-FE60-4325-B429-9580F35DF1B3.jpeg.0e246cceb51d67d55fa485da9d546805.jpeg 

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

Decided to rewatch last year's Bills Ravens game to see what has changed, and I'm getting more optimistic after the review.

Don't really see too many changes for Ravens on offense this year, as Dobbins replaced Ingram, and they added Duvernay (who's been invisible).  On D, their pass rush strengthened with Campbell & Yannick.

We all know the changes the Bills made, and that will be the key.  Think about this for a moment, early on in this game, Allen's primary targets were Foster & McKenzie.  Never mind that Allen's throws were totally off, he overthrew open WRs and made some poor throwing decisions.  Of course there was the common sack fumble deep in his zone.  He started the game at 1 for 7.

Early on, Allen had a difficult time with the Ravens blitz, and Daboll switched to the run game in 2Q to take pressure off Allen and it worked to get to the red zone, but that's where the drive stalled.

Also notable is that in the first half, Allen absolutely had no intermediate throws.  He either threw long (incomplete) or short dump offs.  Despite the offensive ineptitude, Bills were only down 10-6 at the half.

For whatever reason, he didn't fully trust Beas as his safety valve early in this game, preferring Foster & McKenzie.  The offense finally got going late when Allen looked at Beas as the primary. 

We already discussed Bills' D plan against Jackson, which was to maximize his time in the pocket, stack the box, yet don't blitz too much and leave lanes closed.  It worked well in the first half, but Ravens opened up the second half by spreading the Bills out more and then hit a home run pass to a ... TE.  (Ball thrown 15 yards over the middle)

The D settled down after the early 3Q mistake and gave Allen many opportunities to get back in.  That the game was still within 8 points after three quarters is all thanks to the D, because Bills managed only 122 of total offense through that point.  The frustration of this game was evident by so many offensive plays that were literally a few inches off being complete.   And despite all that, Bills were one pass and great DB break up from tying the game late.

The bottom line is the stark contrast in watching Allen's play in 2019 week 14 vs his play in the latter part of 2020.  Two completely different QBs.

In comparing the two QBs, Jackson looks like the same guy, but Allen is not.

Looking forward to Saturday night!

Great job. I don't know if I watch last year's Bill's game or this year's Titans / Crows game

The biggest concerns for this game are what we lost on defense in Shaq Lawson and Jordan Phillips. Jordan Phillips has essentially been replaced with a different type of tackle. But we don't have that outside contain like we did last year where Lawson was a force against the run. I never understood how nobody appreciated him. He was a solid outside contain defensive end without the glitz and the glamor that The guys with big sacks get.... Not to get on too much of a tangent, but we could have afforded him had we made better value of other positions.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

Great job. I don't know if I watch last year's Bill's game or this year's Titans / Crows game

The biggest concerns for this game are what we lost on defense in Shaq Lawson and Jordan Phillips. Jordan Phillips has essentially been replaced with a different type of tackle. But we don't have that outside contain like we did last year where Lawson was a force against the run. I never understood how nobody appreciated him. He was a solid outside contain defensive end without the glitz and the glamor that The guys with big sacks get.... Not to get on too much of a tangent, but we could have afforded him had we made better value of other positions.

The game is on NFL Network as we speak 🙂

FWIW, on every big run, I saw Jordan Phillips taken out of the play, so I'm not too shaken that he's gone.  Shaq's run D has been missed, and don't get me started on my crusade of keeping Murphy on this roster and essentially eating $10 million of cap space for an inactive player.   Ironically, this may be the best game for him to come back to since they won't ask him to pass rush but to clog up the running lanes.

I should add that the Bills offense is also much better without DiMarco in the lineup - his blocking was not good enough to overcome the telegraphing of the running play for the 99% he was on the field.   

Edited by GG1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

The game is on NFL Network as we speak 🙂

FWIW, on every big run, I saw Jordan Phillips taken out of the play, so I'm not too shaken that he's gone.  Shaq's run D has been missed, and don't get me started on my crusade of keeping Murphy on this roster and essentially eating $10 million of cap space for an inactive player.   Ironically, this may be the best game for him to come back to since they won't ask him to pass rush but to clog up the running lanes.

I should add that the Bills offense is also much better without DiMarco in the lineup - his blocking was not good enough to overcome the telegraphing of the running play for the 99% he was on the field.   

Re DiMarco. He's been replaced by Motor. That says a lot: bad for DiMarco. Amazing for little Motor.