Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

What would be interesting is a team of vaccinated players all being down with covid and then having to cancel that game (penalizing both teams). What would the NFL do then? Not reschedule? Still fine? 

https://www.outkick.com/vaccinated-ryan-tannehill-placed-on-covid-reserve-list/

Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who got vaccinated in July because of the NFL’s unending pressure to get the COVID shots, has been placed on the NFL’s COVID reserve list and will now miss five to 10 days.

Adam Schefter reports that the Titans now have three players and two coaches dealing with COVID.

“The NFL has kind of made it clear what they want to happen. If you don’t fall in line, they’re gonna to make your life miserable with all the protocols,” Tannehill said in July. “I wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine, without the protocols that they’re enforcing on us,” he added. “I think it’s a personal decision for everyone, everyone has to make the best decision for them and their families. That’s kind of our mindset in this building. But they’re trying to force your hand and they ultimately have forced a lot of hands by the protocols.”

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who got vaccinated in July because of the NFL’s unending pressure to get the COVID shots, has been placed on the NFL’s COVID reserve list and will now miss five to 10 days.

Adam Schefter reports that the Titans now have three players and two coaches dealing with COVID.

“The NFL has kind of made it clear what they want to happen. If you don’t fall in line, they’re gonna to make your life miserable with all the protocols,” Tannehill said in July. “I wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine, without the protocols that they’re enforcing on us,” he added. “I think it’s a personal decision for everyone, everyone has to make the best decision for them and their families. That’s kind of our mindset in this building. But they’re trying to force your hand and they ultimately have forced a lot of hands by the protocols.”

titans.JPG.c4102e1582cb3cfc7e5a8cc114aa4a1c.JPG

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1430909663244013570

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

I mean, who can argue with the brilliance a master of arts imbues upon its owner?

I think she's a closet bigot. She didn't even list her pronouns in her bio.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Second class status ... I am surprised Beasley didn't retire.

second.JPG.e429821886406ba0e53b2f178ae073c7.JPG

"Freedom of association outside of work hours, you'll be punished."

Such bullshit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'm almost disappointed.  At this point, I want to see an unvaccinated player cut for the explicit reason of being unvaccinated, and force the league and NFLPA to face up to the bullshit policy they created.  

In the back of ones mnd If your on the bubble as a player. As the Bills GM all things equal its only natural you pick the more protected players IMO, Availability throughout the season as a team backup matters IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

In the back of ones mnd If your on the bubble as a player. As the Bills GM all things equal its only natural you pick the more protected players IMO, Availability throughout the season as a team backup matters IMO.

I would think all non-starters would need to be vaccinated for the reason you stated. They might say it will not be taken into account, but as the rules stand now, a vaccinated player will be more available than a non-vaccinated player just due to how they are penalizing the non-vaxxed vs vaxxed.

• Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey
1 hour ago, Figster said:

Good question.  It should be rescheduled IMO. (No fine)

If you make rules to be pliable/broken, then why make them/enforce them at all?

Just now, Ann said:

I would think all non-starters would need to be vaccinated for the reason you stated. They might say it will not be taken into account, but as the rules stand now, a vaccinated player will be more available than a non-vaccinated player just due to how they are penalizing the non-vaxxed vs vaxxed.

Absolutely, proper Covid protocols dictate as much, so you can blame all the BS on the NFLPA, but the real culprit here is Covid IMO.

9 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

If you make rules to be pliable/broken, then why make them/enforce them at all?

You don't want to punish a team for doing everything right do you?

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

As much as I am not a fan of Ryan Tannehill, my level of respect for him has increased on this statement alone.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Figster said:

Consequences on the teams If the game is canceled are very costly. I think you need player accountability to help keep this from happening in my humble opinion. 

4 hours ago, Figster said:

Should not any human being's freedom of choice trump certain workplace dictates? Yes, workplaces are, in most instances, private enterprises, but some of those private enterprises are more public in nature and as a result have farther reaching implications. Not to mention that just because you are a private enterprise does not afford you the ability to transcend certain inalienable god given rights.

IF one looks at the NFL's protocol's for dealing with the mess that COVID is, it is hard to come away with any conclusion other than they are trying to look like they are for freedom of choice when in reality, because of penalties incorporated into those protocols, they are all about forcing vaccination on all humans within their realm. The slanted nature of those protocols fail to account for the other side of the ledger and all the faults in the logic presented and as such, fail on their basic premise. I mean... they can see that, right?

As with a good majority of things upon the world stage these last few years, it would seem they just don't care about the optics and whether or not their logic is bulletproof. But rather the mantra of, 'my way or the highway' is what rules the day and damn the torpedoes at all costs is where we are.

I'm sorry but, I long for that time, which wasn't that long ago, where unassailable logic and facts were what ruled and Karen was dismissed because... feelings.

Sorry for the :soapbox:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

As much as I am not a fan of Ryan Tannehill, my level of respect for him has increased on this statement alone.

I'm just glad the prot

50 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Should not any human being's freedom of choice trump certain workplace dictates? Yes, workplaces are, in most instances, private enterprises, but some of those private enterprises are more public in nature and as a result have farther reaching implications. Not to mention that just because you are a private enterprise does not afford you the ability to transcend certain inalienable god given rights.

IF one looks at the NFL's protocol's for dealing with the mess that COVID is, it is hard to come away with any conclusion other than they are trying to look like they are for freedom of choice when in reality, because of penalties incorporated into those protocols, they are all about forcing vaccination on all humans within their realm. The slanted nature of those protocols fail to account for the other side of the ledger and all the faults in the logic presented and as such, fail on their basic premise. I mean... they can see that, right?

As with a good majority of things upon the world stage these last few years, it would seem they just don't care about the optics and whether or not their logic is bulletproof. But rather the mantra of, 'my way or the highway' is what rules the day and damn the torpedoes at all costs is where we are.

I'm sorry but, I long for that time, which wasn't that long ago, where unassailable logic and facts were what ruled and Karen was dismissed because... feelings.

Sorry for the :soapbox:

this will not go over well

NFL says player vaccination rate at 93%; weekly testing for fully vaccinated players proposed

The NFL has reached a vaccination rate of nearly 93 percent among its players and above 99 percent among staff members, according to NFL Chief Medical Officer Allen Sills, who spoke Thursday on a media teleconference after clubs had been collectively briefed on the league's latest findings on COVID-19.

According to Sills, there were 68 positive results among 7,190 tests for the virus between Aug. 1 to Aug. 21, for a positivity rate of 0.95 percent. Vaccinated players tested positive at a rate of 0.3 percent, while unvaccinated players tested positive at a rate seven times higher (2.2 percent), Sills added.

"I feel we are in a much better place than we were last year at this time (because) we have a much more complete understanding of this virus and its transmission, and the testing and identification of it," Sills said.

NFL general counsel Larry Ferazani said the league has proposed to the NFL Players Association that vaccinated players be tested once a week rather than biweekly, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. The union's preference is for daily testing. Ferazani added that the NFL has been pushing for mandatory vaccinations for players. About 200 players leaguewide remain unvaccinated.

</snip>

Beer__League__Hockey
8 hours ago, Ann said:

NFL says player vaccination rate at 93%; weekly testing for fully vaccinated players proposed

The NFL has reached a vaccination rate of nearly 93 percent among its players and above 99 percent among staff members, according to NFL Chief Medical Officer Allen Sills, who spoke Thursday on a media teleconference after clubs had been collectively briefed on the league's latest findings on COVID-19.

According to Sills, there were 68 positive results among 7,190 tests for the virus between Aug. 1 to Aug. 21, for a positivity rate of 0.95 percent. Vaccinated players tested positive at a rate of 0.3 percent, while unvaccinated players tested positive at a rate seven times higher (2.2 percent), Sills added.

"I feel we are in a much better place than we were last year at this time (because) we have a much more complete understanding of this virus and its transmission, and the testing and identification of it," Sills said.

NFL general counsel Larry Ferazani said the league has proposed to the NFL Players Association that vaccinated players be tested once a week rather than biweekly, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. The union's preference is for daily testing. Ferazani added that the NFL has been pushing for mandatory vaccinations for players. About 200 players leaguewide remain unvaccinated.

</snip>

Ugh. 

Someone tell me I'm wrong:

Unvaxxed = 2.2% pos / 14x testing frequency = 0.157% adjusted rate per 2 week period

Vaxed = 0.3% per 2 week period

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

NFLPA has requested daily testing for all

only 200 are unvaxxed

also note the suspended unvaxxed players did not test positive

seems the vast majority of positive cases reported has been of vaxxed players

that number could skyrocket if all players are tested daily

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1