Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

Beer__League__Hockey
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

It isn't glossed over in comments, but of course it is not the narrative.  

Sigh.  I try not to read Twitter comments.  I'm glad there are a few people that can do a bit of critical thinking.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LB3 said:

I wonder if Cam would have been released if he was vaccinated. I know you can't cut players over it, but...

While no one will really know for sure, in the end I go back to one of the rules we adhere to at my company when we are hiring new programmers: hire them inexperienced, and train them to our best practice protocols. Many coders with experience may be good because their code can make something work, but when you open up the code, there are bad habits galore, which ultimately contributes to instability in the product. And bad habits are hard to break.

In other words, I think this year Bill looked at Cam no longer as a stop-gap QB to get them through the loss of Marsha, but as a mentor for Mack, and he realized that was a bad idea. He's simply not the right guy to have around a rookie...unless you want him to inherit Cams bad habits...which are plentiful.

I could also be completely wrong about that.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

While no one will really know for sure, in the end I go back to one of the rules we adhere to at my company when we are hiring new programmers: hire them inexperienced, and train them to our best practice protocols. Many coders with experience may be good because their code can make something work, but when you open up the code, there are bad habits galore, which ultimately contributes to instability in the product. And bad habits are hard to break.

In other words, I think this year Bill looked at Cam no longer as a stop-gap QB to get them through the loss of Marsha, but as a mentor for Mack, and he realized that was a bad idea. He's simply not the right guy to have around a rookie...unless you want him to inherit Cams bad habits...which are plentiful.

I could also be completely wrong about that.

it's time to roll out the always-on secret helmet speakers for Mack

can't have Cam around as a witness without super commitment to the program 

With so many vaxed in theory we shouldn't see many positives so Bease and others not vaxed shouldn't be an issue......in theory. (Tongue in cheek statement btw)

On 8/28/2021 at 8:03 AM, plenzmd1 said:

I see both sides here.

1) The whole reason for daily injury reports and fines for not disclosing injuries etc has always been 100% about gambling and revenue enhancement, even when the NFL insisted gambling was morally reprehensible and all gamblers were going to hell. So if someone not vaxed and carries a greater chance of not playing, that is relevant to the revenue stream of the NFL..even more so now

2) Disclosing VAX status OTOH seems like a step too far...but think it is prolly easy to figure in either case.

You say that like there’s something wrong with that. :classic_ninja:

On 9/2/2021 at 1:20 PM, Ann said:

Marcia revealed that in spite of his Mount Olympus diet and training regime he of all people had WUHAN FLU!!! Oh, the horror!

Link to tweet

Link to the article

In multiple interviews with the Los Angeles Times, Goodell and more than two dozen people — league executives, front-office personnel, players and medical professionals — close to the situation reconstructed the fragile process of staging a season amid a pandemic, and the commissioner’s focus to safely complete all 256 regular-season games, the playoffs and Super Bowl without relying on an NBA-style bubble.

</snip>

The league relied on rigorous testing, tough enforcement of its own protocols and transparency with the players, staff and public. But candor had its limits. Unbeknownst to almost everyone, including many team owners, Goodell and a small group of schedulers secretly had a plan for a 10-game season that would start in November and delay the Super Bowl.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

the 90% of players that got jabbed must be thrilled with proposed daily testing.

https://www.outkick.com/nflpa-president-jc-tretter-says-its-time-for-daily-covid-testing-again/

Cleveland Browns center JC Tretter is the president of the players’ union, and he remains in favor of daily COVID-19 testing.

Tretter explained the stance of the NFL Players’ Association on the organization’s website.

“Since the beginning of training camp, we have been testing our vaccinated players once every 14 days,” Tretter wrote. “It has been ineffective as we’ve had significantly more incidents of transmission inside the building this year than last year.

“The NFLPA saw this coming months ago and has been advocating for a return to daily testing because it is more effective way to stop and prevent the spread of the coronavirus in our locker rooms. However, the NFL decided to move to weekly testing; and while that is a step in the right direction, it leaves us open to many of the same problems we’ve been facing.”

Some NFL players have been vaccinated — and those who have seem to believe they would be tested less frequently. Tretter wrote that he understands such a position, but thinks his peers would be better served to play it on the safer side. Or at least the side he himself favors.

“We are all tired. No one likes that this is the world we are living in still this season. No one likes mitigation methods. But we cannot do what is easy over what is right,” Tretter wrote. “We cannot do what is cheaper over what is right. We have been warned by our experts that, because of our current testing cadence, we are at more risk of missed games this season than last season.”

What?  They should be tested at the end of every quarter at the very least. 

A better protocol would be to conduct a test every time a player leaves the field and comes to the bench. 

One can’t be too careful when dealing with the Trump virus. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spartacus said:

the 90% of players that got jabbed must be thrilled with proposed daily testing.

https://www.outkick.com/nflpa-president-jc-tretter-says-its-time-for-daily-covid-testing-again/

Cleveland Browns center JC Tretter is the president of the players’ union, and he remains in favor of daily COVID-19 testing.

Tretter explained the stance of the NFL Players’ Association on the organization’s website.

“Since the beginning of training camp, we have been testing our vaccinated players once every 14 days,” Tretter wrote. “It has been ineffective as we’ve had significantly more incidents of transmission inside the building this year than last year.

Bill Gates and George Soros approve this message.

As do I, for obviously different reasons.

Since the vaxxed can get and transmit the virus, they must absolutely be subjected to every test that is expected from the unvaxxed. It's simply not logical to have different testing times for the vaxxed when they're every bit as culpable as the unvaxxed in spreading the virus.

Not only does it make sense, but it might even have the side benefit of getting the obnoxious vaxxers to STFU with their shaming of the unvaxxed. And that would be a tremendously welcome change.