plenzmd1

Beer__League__Hockey
3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

NFLPA has requested daily testing for all

seems the vast majority of positive cases reported has been of vaxxed players

only 200 are unvaxxed

also note the suspended unvaxxed players did not test positive

that number could skyrocket if all players are tested daily

Continuing this illegal discussion, as the vax efficacy wanes that will also increase positives.

We better stop before hapless gets mad.

6 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Continuing this illegal discussion, as the vax efficacy wanes that will also increase positives.

directly impacts the NFL

like this

https://www.outkick.com/aaron-rodgers-vaccination-packers-green-bay-teammates-nfl-football/

Rodgers spoke to the media on Thursday following practice.

“Yeah, I’ve been immunized,” confirmed Rodgers. He then spoke about the rest of the Packers roster, a patient bunch during Rodgers’ hiatus in Hawaii. “There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision. I’m not going to judge those guys.”

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Hapless?

Butch is HERE?

Beer__League__Hockey
14 minutes ago, Joe said:

Hapless?

Butch is HERE?

No no, it’s just the NFL covaids discussions usually devolve into the typical non football covaids arguments. Tasker has gently reminded us that we need to stay on topic, similar to the hapless one.

Trying to make this thread just the “piss in your cheerios fantasy football letdown” thread. Since the NFL made the rules per the unicorns and rainbows data from April, we’ll be here bitching all season.

18 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

No no, it’s just the NFL covaids discussions usually devolve into the typical non football covaids arguments. Tasker has gently reminded us that we need to stay on topic, similar to the hapless one.

Trying to make this thread just the “piss in your cheerios fantasy football letdown” thread. Since the NFL made the rules per the unicorns and rainbows data from April, we’ll be here bitching all season.

At this point I have no idea why the NFL is testing anyone. Let it spread, if guys get sick they get sick. The optics would be horrible if there was another Dion Dawkins (who was vaxxed) or Tommy Sweeney occurrence, however.  On the other hand, they both got very sick WITH protocols, sooooo 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I genuinely do not understand what the NFLPA is doing.  Given the wide disparity between how vaccinated and unvaccinated players are treated, more frequent testing of vaccinated players will ultimate result only in increased frequency of punishment for unvaccinated players.

Which rather makes a mockery of the NFLPA.  Are they a public health body?  Whose interests are they guarding?  When did they become the "NFL Only-Some-Players Association?"  What a shit-ass union.  

• Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey

Ultimately it has to devolve into last years protocol.  That seems to be the obvious answer.  But that can't happen, as that would admit failure on many different fronts.  So get used to 5 months of stupidity.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Foxx said:

Should not any human being's freedom of choice trump certain workplace dictates? Yes, workplaces are, in most instances, private enterprises, but some of those private enterprises are more public in nature and as a result have farther reaching implications. Not to mention that just because you are a private enterprise does not afford you the ability to transcend certain inalienable god given rights.

IF one looks at the NFL's protocol's for dealing with the mess that COVID is, it is hard to come away with any conclusion other than they are trying to look like they are for freedom of choice when in reality, because of penalties incorporated into those protocols, they are all about forcing vaccination on all humans within their realm. The slanted nature of those protocols fail to account for the other side of the ledger and all the faults in the logic presented and as such, fail on their basic premise. I mean... they can see that, right?

As with a good majority of things upon the world stage these last few years, it would seem they just don't care about the optics and whether or not their logic is bulletproof. But rather the mantra of, 'my way or the highway' is what rules the day and damn the torpedoes at all costs is where we are.

I'm sorry but, I long for that time, which wasn't that long ago, where unassailable logic and facts were what ruled and Karen was dismissed because... feelings.

Sorry for the :soapbox:

First off a want to thank the owner of our forum for allowing us the freedoms to express our opinions more openly. The same thread in other forums becomes a venus fly trap for would be patrons. Talking about something openly allows people a chance to read other peoples thoughts and gain new perspectives. Or strengthen beliefs we already have when posters we have grown to respect acknowledge us. Thanks Foxx for this post.

At the core of the problem in my humble opinion. Is how an individuals freedom of choice in dealing with a virus like covid 19 can have an adverse effect on those around you who made a different choice. The NFL gives players a very large plarform to use that can reach and have an influence on many of our younger generatiion. Players like Cole Beasley can steer people in one direction. The NFL on the other hand can slant the league protocols and the perception it gives to the public in the other.

Myself personally, understanding the need to stand up for the rights of the people like Cole Beasly. Yet also understanding the need for unity in the face of a pandemic like we are dealing with today. I'm torn...  

Edited by Figster
  • Like 1

This came out last night...

Seeming at odds with players, NFL says it wants vaccine mandate to ‘go into effect tomorrow’

The NFL said Thursday that it proposed making coronavirus vaccinations mandatory for all players and remains interested in implementing such a requirement.

The NFL Players Association has not agreed to that request, according to the league.

“We still would love to see that mandate go into effect tomorrow,” Larry Ferazani, the NFL’s deputy general counsel, said in a conference call with reporters. “There’s players that have done that voluntarily and have been educated. We’re at 93 percent. We still can improve the final 7 percent. We’d love to see that.”

George Atallah, the NFLPA’s assistant executive director of external affairs, said Thursday night: “The union and player leadership did not believe mandating vaccines for players was the best approach as JC [Tretter, the union’s president] has pointed out repeatedly. We know vaccines are effective, but we also know our strict protocols — when followed — are effective as we proved last year."

Tretter, a center for the Cleveland Browns, previously told a Cleveland radio station that “there was never really any talk” between the NFL and NFLPA about a vaccine mandate for players.

“We saw that same quote,” Ferazani said Thursday. “I honestly don’t understand where that came from. We’ve been discussing with the players association mandatory vaccination from the start. In fact, as you’ll recall, we took the lead and required staff and coaches to be vaccinated in order to have access to our players. And so beginning at that point, we began banging the drum for what their experts also concede is the single greatest way that we can protect players and staff, which is get to 100 percent vaccination level. So that was our request from then.”

</snip>

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

The betting horror. Think of my Grandma’s fantasy football lineup.

Get a life, Florio.

Having Allen scratched from the line up when you just bet your whole life savings on a Bills victory might bring people around to the realization this info might be helpful.

I'm just saying ;  )

Beer__League__Hockey
5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Having Allen scratched from the line up when you just bet your whole life savings on a Bills victory might bring people around to the realization this info might be helpful.

I'm just saying ;  )

I hear you, but degens get what they deserve.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Whose interests are they guarding? 

1200px-D_Smith.jpg

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

What a shit-ass union.  

Pretty much has been since they hired the above idiot as their Executive Director.

10 hours ago, Ann said:

At this point I have no idea why the NFL is testing anyone. Let it spread, if guys get sick they get sick. The optics would be horrible if there was another Dion Dawkins (who was vaxxed) or Tommy Sweeney occurrence, however.  On the other hand, they both got very sick WITH protocols, sooooo 🤷‍♀️

They got sick because Isaiah didnt wear a mask 2 times. 

• Cheers 1