Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Covid Thread - NFL Impacts

plenzmd1

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/nfl-season-kicks-fearmongering-fauci-frets-over-unvaxxd-attending-games

But, when it comes to football fans, Fauci is not happy.

The fearmonger-in-chief joined CNN's Jim Sciutto in a television interview on Tuesday and was asked a series of questions about the upcoming football season in crowded college and NFL stadiums around the country amid outbreaks of COVID. He told Sciutto that he doesn't think it's a brilliant idea to attend these sporting events. 

"I don't think it's smart," Fauci said. "Outdoors is always better than indoors, but even when you have such a congregate setting of people close together – first, you should be vaccinated. And when you do have congregate settings, particularly indoors, you should be wearing a mask."

"We could be stuck in outbreak mode, and that's why I think what you're going to be seeing is…a lot more local mandates," he warned.

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/nfl-season-kicks-fearmongering-fauci-frets-over-unvaxxd-attending-games

But, when it comes to football fans, Fauci is not happy.

The fearmonger-in-chief joined CNN's Jim Sciutto in a television interview on Tuesday and was asked a series of questions about the upcoming football season in crowded college and NFL stadiums around the country amid outbreaks of COVID. He told Sciutto that he doesn't think it's a brilliant idea to attend these sporting events. 

"I don't think it's smart," Fauci said. "Outdoors is always better than indoors, but even when you have such a congregate setting of people close together – first, you should be vaccinated. And when you do have congregate settings, particularly indoors, you should be wearing a mask."

"We could be stuck in outbreak mode, and that's why I think what you're going to be seeing is…a lot more local mandates," he warned.

No, it's okay.  Players are wearing social justice slogans on their helmets, so these aren't football games, they're political protests.  And we know from last summer that COVID doesn't infect protesters.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Cashless, and no paper tickets?

We're still doing the whole "don't touch anything" thing, even after the CDC has said COVID can't be spread on surfaces?

Using Covid as a pretext to get rid of the inefficient paper transactions.   Just like hotels credited global warming climate change apocalypse to stop daily linen service.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, GG1 said:

Using Covid as a pretext to get rid of the inefficient paper transactions.   Just like hotels credited global warming climate change apocalypse to stop daily linen service.

I know.  It's just shocking to me that people are still buying the transparently, idiotically false pretext.  "Follow the science!  No, not that science.  Not that science either!  Why do you people want to kill grandma?"

Also a nice sop to Apple, Google, and phone manufactures.  Can't get in to a game without a phone?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I know.  It's just shocking to me that people are still buying the transparently, idiotically false pretext.  "Follow the science!  No, not that science.  Not that science either!  Why do you people want to kill grandma?"

Also a nice sop to Apple, Google, and phone manufactures.  Can't get in to a game without a phone?  

I have been curious about that.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/11/brandon-beane-its-a-competitive-disadvantage-to-not-be-100-percent-vaccinated/

“If you’re facing a team that has 100 percent vaccination and you don’t, that is a competitive disadvantage, you’re right,” Beane said. “But this is a unique circumstance. [COVID-19 is] what everyone is dealing with. And you control what you can control. You educate your staff, your players — whether it’s doctors talking to them, or other people. And you try to just give them the facts. We have to also understand that this is not a thing that’s mandatory, and people have their rights.”

“We’re going to educate you on the vaccines, and then we’re going to educate you on the rules if you choose not to get vaccinated,” Beane said. “And you have to follow the rules. That’s really the best I can put it. Do I think about that, do I worry about that? Yeah, I do. But I can’t control all of that, and sometimes that’s hard, but that’s the box that we’re in unless you make it mandatory.

This is from an Athletic article (paid site) yesterday that Tim Graham did had with Brandon Beane The second question is above that @Spartacus posted.

Doing the math, single digit could be as many as 9 which would be 17% of the 53 man squad.  It could be as few as one, too (Beasley) and Beane might not want to say one as everyone would know it is Beasley. 

What is the Bills’ updated vaccination rate?

We’re in the single digits (of unvaccinated players). We’ve definitely moved the needle, so to speak. But we’ll see. I know there are guys that are still doing their research. We’ll continue to educate them.

Our guys have handled it well, no matter what your viewpoint is. I know at times out there (gestures toward outside)...

Fox NFL interviewing Jameis Winston.  As they went to commercial, Winston was greeting and shaking hands with the Fox crew

During interview, they were all about the social distancing

NFL just another actor in the national political kabuki

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, devnull said:

Fox NFL interviewing Jameis Winston.  As they went to commercial, Winston was greeting and shaking hands with the Fox crew

During interview, they were all about the social distancing

NFL just another actor in the national political kabuki

no surprise after the CDC paid the NFL billions to push its agenda

56 minutes ago, Ann said:

As I mentioned previously, it's virtually impossible for the world to watch millions of thousands of people going to college and NFL stadiums where almost everyone is not wearing a mask, and then watch all the elite politicians doing their thing (including at the Met) not wearing a mask -- and come away believing that a vaccine mandate is a good idea.

When NYC is protesting a mask mandate, you know this administration is in the shitter.

Fortunately for them, they'll get a good boost after the CA recall fails, but it won't last too long because come Saturday, millions will return to the stadiums.

• Like 1